Chapter 79

A/N: READ THIS!!!!! I JUST HAVE TO SAY HOW SORRY I AM FOR THE CRAPPINESS OF THIS CHAPTER. I'VE BEEN HAVING HORRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK SO I"M SO SORRY!!! IT"S SO SHORT I WANT TO CRY> I"M SERIOUSLY SO SORRY GUYS!!! MY WRITING IS TURNING TO MUSH!

Luke’s POV
            Quickly, I got ready, trying to hurry so I could tell Avery the good news- that we could finally show the Gods and that we could finally be more than their puppets!
            While in my rush, I ran into practically everything in the cabin while stumbling to get my shoes on my feet before running to the Artemis cabin. So intent and focused on my mission ahead of me, I didn’t notice a frantic Avery running towards me, her own thoughts to herself. We collided harshly but I recovered quickly, catching her with my hands resting on her shoulders to steady her.
            “Oh my gods Luke, I’m so sorry!” Avery apologized frantically, “I was just so-”
            “Hey, Avery,” I stopped her, an amused smile on my face at how she was acting. Avery was acting like I was going to hit her for doing something as small as running into me. “It’s fine. I ran into you too.”
            She smiled back at me before her face suddenly started to grow serious, reminding me of what I had to tell her.
            “Avery I have something to tell you!” I said quickly, surprised when Avery spoke at the same time.
“Luke, I have something to tell you!” she blinked, obviously as stunned as I was at both of us speaking in unison.
            We both tried again, but spoke at the same time once more, making me laugh, “You go ahead.” I offered and she immediately took it. My brows creased as I saw the terror written on her face and the haunting look in her silver eyes.
            “I had a dream last night,” She explained quickly, perking up my interest.
            “Me too!” I exclaimed, my voice exactly the opposite of hers. Whereas mine was happy and excited, hers was scared.   
            “No, no Luke it wasn’t a good one.” She said, the fear in her eyes increasing and her voice shaking as she continued. “I- I was in a dark place and- and I couldn’t see! I can always see through the dark Luke! But this time- this time it was different. The dark was so thick that I could almost feel it. Someone was there too and they wanted me to follow them. There was a huge hole in the room and his voice came from there, I can still hear it echoing in my head Luke!” She told me, holding her head while tears threatened to fall from her eyes.
            “What did he want?” I asked, a suspicion of where her dream took place forming in my mind.
            “He wanted me to bring down the Gods.” She said, a tear falling from her eye then took a step, closing the distance between us. She wrapped her arms tightly around my torso, eagerly searching for some amount of comfort.
            Confused, I slowly wrapped my arms around her. Why isn’t she happy? I asked myself. This is the perfect opportunity to finally show what we can do, why is she not excited.
            Still confused, I shook the thought out of my head, thinking maybe it wasn’t Kronos but I couldn’t help myself from asking. “What did he say his name was, Avery?”
            “He said his name was Kronos. Do you know him?” She whimpered, looking up at me with sad shimmering silver eyes.
            “What did he want?” I asked, changing the subject, wanting to know why Kronos visited both of us.
            “To overthrow the Gods he- he said he was going to bring the Gods to their rightful place and that he was going to create a new age. He-he offered me power and he…” her voice quivered as she looked back into my eyes intently, fear coursing off of her in waves. “He knew who I was Luke. How- how would be known that? He knew things that I hadn’t told anyone! I’ve never even admitted them aloud Luke! How is that possible?”
            I was stunned, my voice gone as my mouth slightly hung open.
            Kronos had offered me power, but unlike Avery, I accepted.
            “Don’t you want to teach the Gods a lesson?” I asked, trying not to make my voice sound harsh. Maybe I was misunderstanding her. I just- I couldn’t stand the thought of her forgiving the Gods- especially her mother- after all that they had done to her! It wasn’t right! She deserved to be angry! They didn’t deserve her forgiveness!
            “Yes but… Luke the way that he explained it.” She hugged me tighter. “It was evil. I knew it was wrong. So I said no.” She finally responded, her arms still wrapped around me, another tear falling from her eye and finding its way to my shirt. “I’m just glad it was a dream, and that it wasn’t real.” She whispered.
            I tensed. Avery didn’t know that this was real? I almost smacked myself, of course she didn’t know it was real! Even if she had been here for a while, no one had told her about Demigods dreams. They were always real. Wither it was a glimpse into the future, or an important message or a meeting with one of the Gods- though that hardly ever happened- they were all real. She thought that her dream was like a mortals…what was I supposed to tell her?
            “Don’t worry Avery,” I lied. “It was just a dream. Just, make sure you don’t tell anyone.” I finished, trying to keep my face from looking pained.
            “Why not?” Avery asked, pulling away slightly to look up at my face with her innocent doe eyes.
             “You might scare someone,” I lied. “Plus it was only a dream right? It doesn’t really matter now.”
Gods I felt horrible about lying to her, but I couldn’t let her spread this around the camp. If she told Chiron, this whole plan could fail!
            “You’re right,” She smiled, feeling secure but unlike her, my words only made me feel worse. She squeezed me once before pulling away, her hands still wrapped around my torso. “So what were you going to tell me?”
            I panicked, my eyes widening as I stumbled to find something else to tell her. “I was just going to tell you that I…I wanted to take you somewhere tonight.”
            Avery blushed, “Where?”
            “Surprise.”
            “Can’t you tell me?” She pouted.
            “Nope. But be ready tonight after curfew.”
            “Curfew? But we can’t go anywhere past curfew.”
            I smirked, “If they catch you, you can’t.”
            She lightly hit me while I laughed, “But seriously,” I said, “I’ll meet you at your cabin, be ready okay?” I kissed her lips gently, Avery responding and kissing me back. “See you tonight.” I smiled then walked back to my cabin, praying to the Gods that I did an alright job. Usually, lying was a skill of Hermes but I couldn’t seem to lie to Avery. Now to plan that surprise.