Chapter 49

Avery’s POV
            I looked around to look for Chase but no one saw him in the crowd.
            My eyebrow raised, I remember him coming up to me before the game started but after, I hadn’t seen him since.
            “Not to worry campers,” Chiron announced. “We will spread out and find him.” Everyone nodded and started to search calling his name.
            I found myself walking near Annabeth, “Do you know what happened to him?” I asked, thinking she might of because they were partially related.
            She only shrugged but her eyebrow was creased in worry. “He was following through with the plan but he must have gotten caught up somewhere.”
             We continued to search until somewhere near me frantically yelled, “I found him!” I rushed over to see Chase, expecting him to be tied up on a tree due to someone not following rules, but what I got was much more terrifying.
            I gasped and covered my mouth in horror: there laying on the ground, bloody, bruised, and tormented lay Chase.
            Immediately I ran up to him and took his limp face in my hands. “Chase!” I called to him but got no response. “Chase!” I called more desperately. I moved my head to his chest and very faintly you could feel the rising and lowering of it but it seemed to be getting shallower by the minute.
            Tears stung my eyes, who could do this? Who would be so cruel as to torture someone like this? I couldn’t lose Chase. He was a close friend of mine!
            Nico suddenly walked in and his eyes widened. He rushed over and I watched as he placed a hand over his chest and closed his eyes. “Death is coming to him.” Nico said solemnly. “He won’t last any longer if we don’t get him some help.
            I hesitated to touch his face and brushed a strand of hair from his face. A tear from my eye fell on his cheek but he didn’t so much as move.
            “I need a medic!” Nico shouted and immediately Apollo kids rushed over with their medical tools and healing abilities. I stood from my kneeling possession and stood back to let them do their work.
            Everyone waited anxiously waiting for the news. My eyes scanned over to crowd to see everyone looking shocked, My eyes met Luke’s and I was shocked to see that he was not the slightest bit shocked but his eyebrows were creased but I don’t know why. He must be worried to.
            Suddenly the Apollo kids stopped and a dead silence filled the air. I quickly turned my head back towards them just when Nico shivered and then bowed his head, “He’s gone.” He said lowly and everyone bowed their heads as well, tears slipping from their eyes.
            My bottom lip started to quiver and I rushed forward to where the Apollo kids had parted for me. I put my head to his chest and cried until I felt arms wrap around me and take me away.
            I know that I didn’t know Chase for very long but he was a great friend. No one should deserve to die.
            Grey walked me to the cabin with me trudging the whole way and small tears running down my pink cheeks. “It’s alright, Avery.” Grey told me. “Let’s just get you to the cabin.” I nodded and took one last glance at Chase to see them taking his body away.
            Another tear slipped through my eye and I turned back to let Grey lead me back to the cabin.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Sorry it's so short. I'm writing the next chapter soon and it's going to be A LOT better!! So, what did you guys think? Are you guys happy that Chase is dead or are you guys upset? Comment below! Thanks so much guys!
        -Breann