Chapter 59

A/N: TALRIGHT GUYS THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF MY READERS ON QUOTEV!!! I GOT OVER 300 HEARTS AND I HAD TO UPDATE FOR THEM!!!!! I SERIOUSLY CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE TOWARDS MY STORY!! I DECIDED THAT THIS CHAPTER NEEDED TO BE PUT IN FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE VOTED AND LEFT AMAZING COMMENTS! YOU GUYS ROCK!! Gods I hope I don’t mess it up for you all!! Remember to comment and vote!!! Thank you guys so much!! Read up- you deserve it!!!
            -Breann

________________________________________________________________________________
Avery’s POV

            I laid awake in bed, staring at the bottom of the bunk above me. There were still some kids in the cabin that were still awake so I couldn’t leave just yet.
            My mind swirled with questions about Silena. For one thing, it was a strange request to have her meet me at my cabin roof rather than hers. I guess our roof is flat rather than a regular roof shape. Plus the Aphrodite kids are light sleepers while the Hermes cabin could sleep through a hurricane.
            Tilting my head to look around me, I scanned each one of the beds, grateful that I could see them with my peculiar eyesight.  Everyone seemed to be asleep and no one was moving so I quietly took my sheets from my body and climbed out of bed, careful not to wake anyone.
            On my way out, I couldn’t help myself and looked at Luke’s bunk. I froze when I realized that Luke wasn’t in it. Why would he not be in bed? I thought to myself but shook my head, it doesn’t matter anyway. He doesn’t even want to talk to you. The thought, even though I knew it was true, made me feel heavy and sad. I really liked Luke, not only as a friend but… more than that. I guess everything was ruined now because he just ignored me.
            Letting a small, quite sigh escape my lips, I turned back towards the door and opened it, taking one last glance at Luke’s empty bed then slipping out the door.
            I looked around to check if anyone was outside. The cabins were all dark and no one was around so I started to climb to the top of the roof. By now, I had come up here so many times that I knew exactly where to put my feet and how to get up as quickly as I could.
            When I finally climbed up onto the roof, I didn’t see Silena so I decided that she must be running late. I stood up fully and looked around seeing nothing. I nearly jumped off the roof when someone said, “I was thinking you wouldn’t come.”
            I whirled around to find the voice but saw no one in sight. It was masculine and I would know that voice anywhere. “Luke?” I asked.
            Suddenly Luke appeared in front of me, pulling off Annabeth’s cap of invisibility with a sheepish smile on his face. “Hi, Avery.” He said ruffling his rugged, cute blonde hair.
            Remembering how much he hurt me I looked away, “Hi.” I said softly. As much as I really liked Luke, it was hard not to remember what he said to me. His words echoed in my head. “Personally I wouldn’t want you to be a Hermes kid either.” He had said.
            I squeezed my eyes tight from the heart aching memory.
            “Avery listen,” Luke said and started to walk towards me. “I really messed up.”  I looked over at him and he kept walking towards me until he took both my hands in his. I looked away again. “Avery, I’m really sorry for what I said. I-I really didn’t mean it. It would be awesome to have you in the Hermes cabin forever; you’d be a really great sister just like you’re a really great friend.”
            From his sweet words my cheeks felt warm as a blush covered them.
            Luke took a deep breath, “I know that I messed up, and I only made it worse by running away but I didn’t mean it like that, I promise. I- I hope that somehow you’ll be able to forgive me.”
            I looked up into his eyes and felt my legs starting to turn to Jell-O as I melted from his beautiful blue eyes and his sweet, concerned expression on his face. A light smile crossed my face but before I could say anything, Luke said. “Maybe this will help you forgive me.”
            He held his hand behind his back and when he brought it back to me he held out a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I gasped and a huge smile came on me lips. “Luke,” I whispered and took the flowers, smelling them. “They’re beautiful.”
            “Just like you.” Luke said and my cheeks flushed a deep red.
            “Avery? Do you- do you forgive me?” Luke asked, his eyes pleading.
            I set down the bouquet on the floor then wrapped my arms around him, “Of course I forgive you, Luke.” I said into his chest.
            Luke sighed from relief and held me there in his arms. I smiled at how amazing this felt while my cheeks were a deep red from me hugging him.
            “I have something else for you,” Luke whispered and I pulled away.
            “You don’t have-” Luke cut me off.
            “I want to, Avery.” He said sweetly and I smiled then nodded.
            Luke dug inside his pocket and finally found what he was looking for. He pulled out a small black box and handed it to me, smiling. I took the box and rose an eyebrow at him. “Go on,” He chuckled, “Open it. I swear I’m not pranking you.”
            “Can I trust you?” I teased.
            He laughed, “Yes you can, I’m not Connor and Travis, I promise.”  
            I giggled then opened the box only to let another gasp escape my lips.
            Inside the box was a beautiful infinity ring. “Luke,” I said, my mouth handing open. “I-I don’t know what to say...” I trailed off, at a loss for words.
            “Here let me put it on you,” Luke said taking the box then the ring out. He took my hand then the ring in his first finger and thumb. He slipped the ring on my pointer finger on my left hand opposite of the hand where my sword, still in its ring form, was.  It fit perfectly and I smiled as I took my hand and admired it.
            “Thank you.” I said looking away from the ring and looking up at him with a happy expression on my face. I had never received many gifts because of the orphanage; they didn’t give you Christmas and birthday presents. This… this was incredible.  
            “You’re welcome.” Luke said sweetly staring at me for a while then snapped his fingers as he remembered something. He dug into his pocket again and pulled out a second ring. “This one’s for me.” He said and showed me the ring. “It’s like a friendship charm. The infinity sign means we’ll be friends forever.” Luke told me as I inspected the ring.
            I looked up from the ring and smiled brightly at him. “I love it.” I said and he smiled back at me brightly. Looking back at Luke’s ring I said, “Let me put this on you.” He nodded as I took his hand in mine and slipped the ring on his left hand exactly where mine was.
            As I took my hand away from his Luke reached out for it and held it in his again. “Do you really like it?”
            “I really do, Luke. Thank you so much.” I wrapped my arms around him once again and breathed in his scent. I sighed from content and rest my head on his chest while he rest his chin on the top of my head.
            After we stayed there for a moment I pulled away slightly still close but enough so I could see his face and had my arms loosely around him. I looked up at Luke and smiled softly. He smiled back as we looked into each other’s eyes, blue on silver. Luke’s face grew more serious and he reached out and brushed away a strand of hair behind my ear but instead of letting his hand drop to his side he cupped my jaw gently his eyes flickering down to my lips.
            Slowly Luke started to pull my head slightly towards him while he leaned in slowly. My heart was racing as I realized what he was doing but this time- I wasn’t going to let something interrupt us.
             His breath tingled my lips as I slid my eyes shut as I felt his lips brush against mine. Finally he firmly put his lips on mine and gave me a gentle kiss on my lips that made my knees feel weak. To my best ability I kissed him back. It must have been okay because Luke pressed his lips a little harder on mine then pulled back, resting his forehead on mine.
            Before either of us could speak we heard someone yell, “Castellan, Hawkins!” We both jumped away from each other and turned to see Gleeson Hedge, a satyr that worked at the camp, hitting his hands with his baseball bat, staring at us menacingly.
            Luke and I looked at each other, worried expressions on our face as well as red cheeks. I just prayed to the Gods that Gleeson didn’t see anything.
            Luke cursed under his breath then turned to me. “I’ll take care of it.” He assured me as we walked towards the edge of the roof.
            “What are you cupcakes doing on the roof?” Gleeson asked, not sounding very pleased. “It’s about an hour past curfew.”
            “We could be asking you the same thing,” Luke resorted and Gleeson made a bleating sound.
            “Not any of your business but Chiron sent me on an errand and I just got back. You two, however, have no business staying up.”
            Luke was about to say something but I put my hand on his arm and blushed when I could feel his muscles. I managed to say, “I’ll do it.” Then turned to Gleeson. “Just let us go this one time, Gleeson.”
            Gleeson got a dazed look in his eyes and I smirked as my charm speak was working. “Once.” Gleeson muttered looking at us and pointing his voice less dazed but the charm still working. “This one time. I better not catch you two again cupcakes!”
            “Yes sir.” Luke and I mock saluted trying not to laugh as Gleeson made a noise of approval, not knowing we weren’t serious. Once he left we started to laugh and then after our laugher died down we both sighed.
            Suddenly the kiss started to sink in and my cheeks turned a bright red. Both Luke and I looked at each other at the same time. I looked away shyly when our eyes met. I felt Luke’s fingers under my chin forcing me to look up at him who was smirking. “Look, Avery about the kiss… I- I really like you- I mean it’s fine if you don’t but-”
            “No!” I said stopping him quickly and frantically then said more calmly. “No I- I really liked it Luke but I mean we can’t do this though, I mean what if I was a Hermes kid?”
            “You’re not.” Luke announced and I looked at him funny.
            “How do you know?”
            Luke looked away and gritted his jaw. “My Da-” He stopped himself and corrected himself stressing his Dads name. “Hermes visited me. He said you weren’t, I asked.”
            A smile grew on my lips and a slight blush was on my cheeks. “You asked him that?”
            Luke’s cheeks got red and he ruffled his hair which made him look incredibly sexy. “Yeah… I wanted to know so like in the future if we could ever date…. That’s why I said I didn’t want you to be in the Hermes cabin either.”
            My smile got bigger, “Aww, Luke.” I said and hugged him to which he hugged me back. “If I would have known that… Gods that’s so cute! That-That’s why I didn’t want to be in the Hermes cabin either.” He smiled widely.
            “So you- you like me too?”
            I smiled and nodded while his grin only got bigger. “But,” I said and his smile dropped.
            “But what?”
            “Luke I really like you but we wouldn’t be able to go out until I’m claimed by my parent.”
            His face looked crush but he looked up at me mischievously. “We don’t have to tell anyone.”
            “As much as I’d love that, Luke, it wouldn’t work. We’d get caught.”
            “Please?” Luke asked his eyes pleading as he leaned his head down close to my lips.
            I hesitated as I felt butterflies in my stomach from how close he was. I realized how much I wanted this and sighed in defeat to which Luke smiled. “Not too obvious?” I asked.
            “Promise.” Luke said then hugged me while I smiled into his chest.
             “We should probably go to bed.” I said softly and Luke nodded pulling away.
            “Yeah uh… okay.”
            I walked over to the flowers that I had set down and smelled them smiling at Luke when I walked back. “Thank you- Thank you for the ring and the flowers. I love them.” I smiled at him. “I’m sorry I don’t have anything to give to yo-” I cut myself short and smiled at Luke making him raise an eyebrow. I quickly pecked his lips then raced down the roof as fast as I could.
            “Avery!” Luke called after me laughing then chased me down until he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me against him tightly so I couldn’t escape- not that I wanted to.
        “Tease.” He muttered burying his head into my neck so I could feel his breath tickling it. I shivered and I could feel him smile against my neck.
Luke turned me around then gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead that made me sigh. “Goodnight.” He whispered.
            “Goodnight.” I said pecking his cheek. He smiled then opened the door for me to which I blushed at and shyly walked in. Luke and I walked to our bunks but not before we gave each other one last smile.
 I sighed when I was in my bed and couldn’t help but feel the jittery nerves and excitement running through me. That was my first kiss and it was the best first kiss I could ever have.
My dreams were full of Luke and I that night and a permanent smile was plastered on my mouth.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Well guys? What did you think?? Alright I know that it sucked so I apologize for that. Truth to be told, I've never actually kissed anyone before so I was kinda just writing to the best of my imagination. I hope you guys liked it! Please keep hearting and commenting guys!! remember that the reason that I updated is because of the hearts and comments that I got on my other site. (you can thank my readers on Quotev.) And PLEASE tell me on what you guys are liking and what I could do better! Thank you all so much!! I seriously love you all!!!
            -Breann
P.S. REMEMBER THE CONTEST IS STILL UP!! I HAVEN'T GOT MANY THAT HAVE ENTERED!!! PLEASE ENTER GUYS!