Chapter 82

Avery's POV

I tapped my pencil on my bottom lip, as I laid sprawled out on the floor with papers everywhere. “What did you get for number six?” I asked, looking up at Luke who was on my bed, working on the same project that i was. Camp Half Blood wasn’t as much as a summer camp as you’d think, they drill you with Monster Fighting classes which include small studying, homework and tests.

Luke shrugged, which was impressive as he was hanging upside down off my bed. I smiled when i saw him, his hair hanging from his head in a really cute way.  “I’m bored.” He instead stated.

This being the fifth time that he’s mentioned he was bored, i gave him a look before sighing and rolling onto my back, staring up at my ceiling. “Okay so what do you want to do?”

“We could watch a movie?" He suggested.

"I don't have a tv in here, you know how much technology messes with us.."

"Oh." Luke frowned then grinned."What about that iPad that you have? The one that Brianna  hooked up to block out a signal for monsters?"

My face brightened. "Oh yeah!" I hopped up then dug through the chest at the foot of my bed then found the case for it. I took out the iPad then hopped onto the bed next to Luke who had set pillows by the headrest so we could use it to lean back on. He opened his arms and I smiled before snuggling besides him as we searched through movies until we found one that we want. Luke set some pillows in front of us to prop the iPad up then snuggled next to me as we watched.

While we watched, I couldn't help but smile as Luke brought me closer to him. I loved it when we cuddled. Luke had a strong heartbeat that was alway so comforting and his arm was always tightly around me. Throughout the movie, I got bored and started to trace patterns on Luke's chest on top of his shirt. I saw him smile when I started but he didn't tell me to stop so I kept doing it.

After a while, my hand started to get tired so I laid it flat on his chest, my thoughts to myself.

His necklace suddenly caught my eye and I moved my hand up to finger to beads. "What even are these for?" I asked.

Luke looked down at my hands to see what I was talking about. "Every camper gets one." He said as he started to take off his necklace and show me it. "Each bead symbolizes a year a camp. And the picture on the bead symbolizes the most eventful thing at camp." He explained, pointing at the different colored beads. "The cabin counselors vote on the most significant thing and then that's what we put on it. Since you're the only one of your cabin, your a counselor and you'll get to come to the meeting. The meeting should be soon. Actually," He frowned, thinking for a moment. “It should be tomorrow.”

I nodded, showing that I understood then looked up to see his face. "Will I get one?" I asked. "A necklace I mean?"

Even though I had been at camp for a long time, I didn't hear about the necklaces. I knew that Annabeth and Luke always wore theirs but I never saw other campers wear it, I always assumed it was some sort of friendship thing but I'd never asked.

He nodded at my question then started to put his necklace back on. "Every camper gets one at the end of the year. You should actually be getting one soon, camp ends next week."

By now the movie was long forgotten.

I groaned, lying my head on his chest again. "Don't remind me." I moaned. "I don't want it to end."

Luke smiled then started to play with my hair as he spoke. "Have you thought about if you want to go year round?"

There was a silence for a moment while i thought. "I don't know..." I said unsure.