Chapter 32

******IMPORTANT******
A/N: Okay one thing first. Go back to Chapter 21 before you read this. I changed something while Avery was being announced to the whole camp by Mr. D. Just read that part then come back to this. It will make more since if you go to Chapter 21 before.

Also, this chapter was super messed, haha finally fixed it thanks for some comments and a year of procrastination
        -Breann

__________________________

Avery's POV
            The rest of the actives were uneventful until free time. We went from canoeing, to arts and crafts, to lunch, to the climbing wall that burned you with lava. -that was not fun by the way-, to free time for about an hour until we went on to the next things.
            I was grateful for the time to finally get to breath.
            There was so much at camp it was hard for me to comprehend everything and so many names it made my head spin.
            Deciding that I needed to straighten things out with Grey about Luke, I decided to go and find her. I hadn't seen her since breakfast. Both her and Nico were gone for lunch so now was as good of a time as ever to see her.
            I got the chills walking up to the Hades' cabin. It was so creepy to me but Grey seemed to love it.
            Timidly, I knocked on the door and waited.
            Nico opened the door, "Hi," I said nervously. He kinda freaked me out. "Is Grey here?" I asked.  He opened the door a little more so I could see Grey and let me walk in, closing the door after I walked in.
             "Hey!" She said, her face brightening when she saw me. She got up from the floor, where there were a few bones on the ground (Creepy right? She said they were practicing training-for what I have no idea.) and ran up to give me a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!" She said and I laughed.
            "Tell me about it! I've missed you." I said and hugged her back, tightly.
            She pulled away with a huge grin on her face. "What was that I saw when you walked to breakfast this morning?" She squealed.
            My cheeks went red. I glanced at Nico to see him crack a smile. I looked back at Grey, then Nico, then Grey, silently asking Grey to tell him to leave. Grey seemed to get it and turned around to face Nico. "Could you leave?" She asked. "It's kinda... um..." Nico smirked.
            "Girl talk?" He asked, still smirking. She nodded shyly. "Then I'm out." Nico said, "Bye Avery." He said to me his face straight then he turned and then winked at Grey. "See you later Grey." And walked out.
            My mouth dropped open and I turned to Grey to see her cheeks flushed red, which wasn't hard because of how pale she was. "Oh. My. Gosh." I said, my mouth still hanging open but soon I got myself back together. "That was so cute!" I told Grey, jumping up and down. "He just winked at you. He winked at you!"
            Grey blushed more. "He's so hot." She said smiling widely but it fated. "But, Avery, he's my master's son. That's- I can't-"
            "He said to act normal around him, right?" I asked.
            "Right."
            "Then it's fine. I already asked Grover and he told me that you guys could be together since you aren't related in anyway."
            She blinked, "But I'm dead."
            I shrugged. "Minor setback."
            Grey laughed as we both sat down on the floor. "I don't think it works that way." She said.
            "Come on," I rolled my eyes. "He's the king of the dead's son. He can do whatever the heck he wants. If it was someone other than Hade's son, I would say it was weird, but this? This is fine. He seems more comfortable around you than he does the living actually."
            She weighed the decision's and finally seemed to agree with me when a smile spread across her face. "I guess that's true. I mean- I don't know."
            "You guys look cute together." I pressed.
            Grey gushed, "You think?" She asked hopefully.
            "Oh my gosh yes! You guys would honestly be the cutest couple ever!"
            That seemed to spark Grey's mind back to me. "No way! I think that the cutest couple would be you and that boy you were holding hands with."
            It was my turn to turn as red as a tomato. "I-um-ah."
            "So who is he?" Grey said, sitting cross legged one the floor and leaning towards me, waiting for me to tell.
            I bit my lip. "His name is Luke; he's the cabin counselor of the Hermes cabin."
            "Oh my gods! He's got a title; so official!" Grey squealed. "He was pretty attractive and he's not even my type at all so that's saying something." I tried to open my mouth but Grey kept going. "So are you guys dating?"
            I coughed on my own breath but when I finally stopped I said. "No, no we're not."
            She looked disappointed, "Why not?" She pouted.
            "We met yesterday, Grey!"
            The ghost crossed her arms, "Still."
            I laughed and Grey asked, "But you do like him right?"
            "I don't know," I said honestly.
            "Why not?"
            "You know why I've never like anyone before." I told her and see didn't seem satisfied with my answer.
            "But this is your home now. You'll stay here. They're all like you, Avery. They won't leave you."
            I sighed and nodded. "I know that but what if- what if he doesn't like me?" I whispered the last part.
            Grey scoffed, "Then he belongs in Tartarus. Who wouldn't like you? You're sweet, funny, you're gorgeous, talented, a good friend, you're just amazing, alright?"
             I blushed. "Thanks Grey." I said and pulled her into a hug. "You're a good friend too." I said into her hair.
            "Phft. I know." She said and we both started laughing.
            A knock on the door interrupted our hug and the door slowly opened to reveal Luke's face. Speak of the devil... or angle more like with his looks. "Um... hey." He said peaking his head through the door. 
            My cheeks flushed and I looked over at Grey but she didn't seem to remember who this was. I could see her trying to sort through who he was but it wasn't popping up quickly because she had seen him from so far away and he didn't look at her directly. "Can I help you?" Grey asked politely.
            Luke put a hand on the back of his neck nervously and rubbed it. "Yeah, I just came to get Avery and tell her that we were leaving soon."
            "Thanks Luke." I smiled and started to get up when Grey said.
            "Luke?" She asked, a smile slowly forming to her face recognizing who he was at last. She wiggled her eye brows at me discretely then turned back to him acting like nothing happened and thankfully he never noticed because he was looking down.
            He looked uncomfortable. "Yeah, that's me."
            A grin was completely evident on Grey's face. "So you're the famous Luke?"
            Luke rose an eyebrow. "Famous?"
            My best friend didn't seem to notice was she was saying and made everything worse. She shrugged, "I've just heard about you from Avery. She was just talking about you."
            My eyes widened, horrified.
            Luke smirked. "Was she now?" He asked, a twinkle in his eyes as he glanced at me.
            I blushed and shook my head but at the same time Grey nodded. I glared at her and she seemed to realize what she did when her eyes went big and her mouth formed an 'o' in realization.
            A chuckle came from Luke and he tried to hide a smug face but I saw something else in his eyes. It seemed like his face brightened when he heard that I talked about him. Did I really see that, or was I imagining it? He smirked at me then looked back and Grey and a questioning look crossed his eyes. "I've never seen you around before, are you new?"
            Grey nodded her head. "I'm Avery's best friend. I came to camp with her."
            Realization crept in Luke's eyes. "Oh right! You were the one that Chiron introduced along with Avery, right? Jacie was talking about you. Sorry I didn't remember you, I was..." His cheeks tinted red and he glanced at me though it was so fast I don't know if I imagined it. "Focusing on something else." He finished sounding embarrassed but I didn't understand why.
            She nodded then looked at me and gave me an urgent look that said, 'We need to talk after he's gone.' I nodded then turned back to Luke.
            "I guess I should properly introduce you two. Grey, this is Luke and Luke, this is Grey."
            Luke went to shake her hand but it passed right through her. "Woah!" He said jumping back, shocked.
            Grey's cheeks flushed, "Sorry forgot to go solid."
            "What?" Luke asked taken back and looking completely confused. "Solid?"
            Her cheeks flared more, "Yeah I'm a ghost. A servant to Hades."
            "Um... Okay." He said and Grey laughed.
            "Sorry it's weird." Grey fidgeted, blushing slightly. I don't think she was used to everyone seeing her.
            "No, no." Luke said quickly. "I've just never seen a ghost." He started to scan her body curiously and suddenly I started to get jealous. I know that he wasn't look at her body like that, and only to see her transparent self, but it bothered me.
            "Shouldn't we be going now?" I blurted wanting Luke to stop.
            He looked over at me and nodded. "Yeah come on."
            I looked over at Grey and she gave me the 'talk now' look. I turned back to Luke, "You go ahead, I'll catch up."
            Luke didn't look sure but when Grey glared at him, he nodded quickly and walked out. I think that he's kinda freaked out still about his hand going through hers.
            When Grey finally figured that he was far enough away from me she squealed. "Did you hear what he said?"
            "No, what?" I asked confused.
            "He said that he didn't even notice me!" Grey yelled happily jumping up and down; that only made me more confused. Why would she be happy about that?
            Grey's smile slowly faded to a disappointed look. "You don't get it do you?" She frowned.
            I faked a smile, "Nope."
            My best friend sighed, acting like this was the simplest thing to understand. "When I first was announced," Grey said, "Luke said he didn't even realize I was there. He said he was distracted and wasn't paying attention to me and he blushed so...." She looked at me like she wanted me to finish but I still didn't get it.
            "So...?"
            "Di immortals, Avery!" Grey face palmed. "If he wasn't paying attention to me, he was paying attention to YOU!"
            "What?" I blushed, "he wouldn't be looking at me."
            Grey closed her eyes and I heard her mutter, "Gods please help her." Then she sighed and turned back to me. "When Luke told me that he was distracted, he blushed and glanced at you!"
            "He did?" I said, my voice getting higher in excitement.
            "He did!" Grey confirmed and we started to jump up and down. "He obviously has feeling for you!" Grey said.
            We both squealed together until I realized that Luke was probably going to be wondering what was taking me so long. "I gotta go Grey." I said, "I promise I'll talk to you more!"
            "Don't worry." Grey said and smiled, "I've got Nico to keep me company now."
            I laughed, "Not too much fun alright?" I teased and she laughed.
            "Get out of here, Avery! Go run to your boyfriend."
            My cheeks flushed, "He's not my boyfriend!" I called behind my shoulder but right before I left I heard Grey holler back at me.
            "Not yet!"
            I laughed and raced to go find Luke.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Okay I just have to say a huge thank you!!!! I can't believe that I have 105 hearts!!!!!!! That is so awesome!! Thank you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone who is commenting/hearting and/or following!!!! That means so much to me!!! I decided to make the chapter kinda long because I felt like you guys deserved it!! Thank you guys so much!!!!! So how are you guys liking the story so far?? Who do you think Avery's Godly parent is??? Comment you're answers!!! Tell me what you guys think! Remember I welcome criticism!! Thanks so much guys!! I freaking love you!!!

        -Breann