Chapter 37

Luke’s POV

            Dang that was awesome. She totally reacted to me! I’d done it with a few of the other girls but dang, when she did it… Dang. It was a major turn on.

            I was smirking while I went and helped all the other kids thinking about Avery. I was a little too caught up in congratulating myself to hear the dinner bell until I noticed the little girl that I was helping tug at my shirt. “Can we go to dinner now?” She asked. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

            “Yeah,” I said to her than shouted to the rest of the campers. “Cabin eleven, fall out!”

            Everyone lined up as we marched to the dinner pavilion meeting up with the rest of the campers. After we had all eaten, Chiron got up and started to the announcements.

            “As you know,” Chiron said, “Our monthly capture the flag is coming up in a few days.” He had to pause while everyone cheered then he continued. “The teams will be team blue: Hermes cabin, Athena, Zeus, Dionysius and the Demeter cabin. The red team will be: Hephaestus cabin, Aphrodite, Ares and the Apollo cabin. Remember to prepare yourselves and tell new campers what to do. We will be explaining more about capture later in the week.”

            Chiron stepped off and Mr. D walked up sipping a coke. “Go to your stupid camp fire now.” Everyone cheered and ran off. I saw Avery ahead with Jacie and the ghost that was brought into the camp, Grey. They were laughing and smiling while they walked ahead. Zach and Devin caught up to me and Devin said, “So how it going with Avery? I saw you too at archery today.” He wiggled his eye brows up and down suggestively and I smirked at the memory.

            “Dude you guys seriously need to hook up!” Zach said.

            “I will, I will.” I said, “I just got to know that she likes me too.”

            Devin rolled his eyes. “It’s obvious that she likes you.”

            “I have to be sure.”

            “Whatever.” Devin said, “But dude you gotta ask her out soon or else one of the other kids will start to get to her.”

            “They wouldn’t dare.” I said through clenched teeth, jealousy coming over me.

            “I don’t know man. I mean you know the whole camp is basically drooling over her right?” Zach informed me.

            “I’ll get to her first.” I spat out.

            Both Zach and Devin put their hands up in surrender. They knew how intimidating I can be and how much damage I can cause so they backed off the subject.

            I stalked towards the campfire with my hands clenched and my jaw locked but it went slack in surprise when I saw someone.

            “Thalia!” I shouted, a smile coming over my face.

            A girl with black spicy punk hair with dark clothes and stunning electric blue eyes turned to me with a slight smirk. “Hey.” She said and flipped a piece of hair from her face.

            I walked closer, “What in Hades are you doing here?” I asked. Thalia never liked to come to the campfires, she hated the music and everything was a little too happy for her.

            Thalia rolled her eyes, “Gods Luke you seem like I don’t even come to camp! I just so happened to want to come today alight?”