Chapter 92

Avery's POV

Hades palace was absolutely huge and surprisingly beautiful. It was scary, with skeletons in the walls, but even with them the palace was beautiful with gems and jewels. Dark obsidian made most of the walls with grey marble on the floor. Everything was made to perfection and was absolutely huge.

Spirits in white dresses or toga's rushed around the palace, all having a certain destination in mind. When we first entered, two female spirits stood to the side of Persephone, right behind her. Her handmaidens I guessed. They both walked with their hands clasped in front of them and their eyes straight ahead.

"Almost there." Persephone smiled. "Now I must warn you, my husband has quite a temper. Please remember to be respectful, and follow my example when we enter. And please, don't show weapons at all. My husband isn't as understanding as I am." She glared at Thalia, obviously speaking to her directly. Thalia glared right on back.

We paused at two enormous doors, completely black with silver spikes on them. Two servants opened the doors before we walked inside the throne room of Hades.

If I thought the palace itself was beautiful, the throne room was absolutely gorgeous! I had always pictured the Underworld as dark and gloomy but the palace was the small bit of light in the darkness. Everything about the throne room made your eyes widen in wonder.

Hades sat on the tallest throne to the left, a second smaller throne to his side. He was lounging on the throne, sitting back in it while speaking to someone at his feet. The spirit was kneeling, their face pressed to the ground, begging for something, but Hades wouldn't have it because he would cut them off each time, his voice booming through the walls.

As I expected, Hades had dark black hair with eyes so dark, they seemed black. He wore a crown and dark black robes with souls that swirled in them, moaning. It made me shiver, wondering what they did to be trapped there, but I moved my eyes onward. He had a skull ring on his right hand, another ring on his middle finger, and his wedding ring on his left hand. He was pale but not in the sickly way. In fact, he was very muscular and had a glint in his eyes that was either of a madman or a genius.

The spirit at Hades feet was still blabbing away, and Hades was obviously bored with trying to argue with the stubborn spirit. He had his chin rested on his hand and rolled his eyes as the spirit continued to speak. He glanced up then straightened when he saw us, or more likely Persephone. His whole appearance seemed to brighten, and a look of pure love and adoration crossed his face. I was surprised to see something on the God of Death, but it really showed how much he cared for his wife.

"Leave us." Hades commanded looking at the spirit at his feet, his voice hardening.

"But your Grace-"

Hades glared so fiercely and harshly at the spirit that he stopped talking immediately, which was quite an accomplishment, and bowed deeply before scurrying away.

Bringing his attention to us, Hades smiled looking at Persephone before a frown of realization came to his face as he looked down at the three of us.

Luke, Thalia and I all bowed lowly, just as the spirit did to show respect. Persephone bowed as well, not as low, but that was expected since Hades was her equal. She straightened and took her place at her throne, the two spirits following then going at her side.

"Rise." Hades commanded but when we looked up, he wasn't looking at us but instead looking at Persephone and holding her hand. Finally he looked over at us, the brightness in his eyes diminishing.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 29, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Forbidden (A Luke Castellan Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें