Chapter 47

Luke’s POV
            I hid behind the tree, ready to spring out as soon as the Apollo kids left to patrol on the other side. When they walked away I quickly ran out then pressed my body low to the ground. Counting to three I jumped up and ran towards the flag only to run into someone and land on my butt.
            Looking up, I saw the person I hated the most in this whole camp; Chase.
            Chase smirked, “Fancy seeing you here.”
            My jaw clenched and the memory of Chase with Avery burned through my mind.

Flashback
             I was still cursing myself for telling her that. Of course I didn’t want her to be a Hermes kid because than we wouldn’t be able to go out! How I said it though sounded so stupid! I didn’t mean it like that- it just came out like that and if I would have corrected myself, I would have just made an even bigger fool of myself!
            After we had just gotten off to a good start, where she was trusting me with personal things that had happened in her life, and I had to go and screw everything up.
            Not wanting to ruin anything else with her, I just avoided her so she couldn’t ask me more questions about why I didn’t want her to be a Hermes kid.
            Things just seemed to be getting worse toady. After I made that huge mistake with Avery, Silena came up to me and slapped in the face and I didn’t even know what I did! I was too shocked to actually process what she had actually done. No one would have guessed that sweet, gentle Silena would have physically hurt someone. But I would take a slap any day than what she told me after.
            When she told me that she was going to curse my love life- oh gods, and I thought my life couldn’t get any worse but gods was I wrong. I glanced over at Avery, knowing that Silena was going to mess something up with her. The only person that I actually liked was her and Silena could do some serious damage being a child of Aphrodite.
            After the whole incident and Silena just storming away, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. When would she curse me? How would she curse me? What if I lost Avery as a friend just as I was starting to get closer to her on a more personal level? What if- oh gods I couldn’t’ even think of all the horrible things she could do.
            I tried to get my mind off of things and tried to focus on the game coming up. When I walked to the group I saw Avery at an angle in my eye sight so I could see most the back of her head more than directly at her. Looking at her, I could feel the complete and utter regret from telling her that. I wished I could just walk up to her and tell her was sorry.
            Something- or rather something- caught Avery’s eyes and she smiled at the person. I looked in the direction and immediately rage started to boil through me.
            The idiot, Chase, walked up to Avery and started to talk with her while I glared daggers at him wishing he would die on the spot. He even had the nerve to lift up his shirt in front of her. She probably thought it was an accident but I knew for a fact, that he had done that purposely. What bothering me more was that she even looked too!
            If I thought things couldn’t get any worse, I was so wrong.
            Chase glanced over at me with a smirk on his face. That alone should have tipped me off.
            He said something to Avery and she nodded her head vigorously. I cocked an eyebrow but continued to watch. Then, to my horror, he leaned forward and kissed Avery- my girl- on the lips! HE FREAKING TOOK HER FIRST KISS!! I was supposed to do that!
            I was about ready to storm there but I held myself back but when he tilted her head up to him and stroked his thumb over her lips then had the nerve – IN FRONT OF ME- to lean in and tell her something while she shivered and bushed feverously at!  I should be the one doing that to her!
            Giving up on trying to hold myself back, I started to shove my way through the crown but two hand on my shoulders held me back. I glared back to see both Devin and Zach holding me back, shaking their heads. “Don’t do it dude. You’ll just get on an even worse level if Avery see’s you kill him.” Zach told me and I angrily ripped my shoulders from their grips knowing that he was right.
            “He’ll just have to wait!” I seethed, gritting my teeth and my hands hurting from clenching them so tightly. “Hades will be getting a new visitor.” I said glaring at him, seeing him and glaring at the spot where Chase used to stand.
            Avery looked over at me and I glanced at her then whipped around and walked away, fuming mad.
End Of Flashback
            I got up quickly and put my hand on my sword to which Chase innocently put his hands up in a mock surrender. “Let’s not get too touchy shall we?” Chase mocked.
            “You sure got touchy with someone today.” I hissed out and Chase’s smirk only widened.
            “Oh you saw that?”
            “Hades yes I saw that!” I yelled. “You freaking took her first kiss you idiot!”
            Chase’s eyes widened but he recovered with a smirk evident on his face. “You think that’s the first time we kissed?” He asked and I paused.
            “What.” I asked, stunned.
            “That wasn’t our first kiss, ‘dear Luke.’ Avery came to me sobbing that you had been a complete jerk to her. She wanted comfort and I gave her what she wanted. I held her and whispered things that I could promise and that you couldn’t. After dinner she came up to me and was crying again because you were still ignoring her. I told her that I wouldn’t ever hurt her again. I won’t go into the details but Avery and I- are an item Luke. You sure missed out on that. You totally hurt her, crushed her even.”
            My eyes darted to the ground as I started to hyperventilate at hearing this. I looked up at him. “You liar.” I said but was trying to convince myself.
            “Ask her.” Chase dared.
            I unsheathed my sword and pointed it at him. “I told you once and I’ll tell you again. Stay, away, from, her!” Chase just kept going, ignoring my threat.
             “Have you ever kissed her Luke? She’s an excellent kisser.” He dragged out and my grip tightened on my sword but he just continued, “For being someone so innocent, she sure uses her tongue well.”
            That shocked me out and I pointed my sword to the tip of his throat. “What did you say,” I gritted out.
            “You heard me.” Chase said. “You missed out Luke. I already have her.”
            “Shut up.” I growled.
            “Make me.”
            I lunged forward but Chase blocked with his sword. “Want to know her sweet blush on her face after you kiss her.” Chase said and I yelled out and jabbed at his chest then kicked him back on the ground, climbing on top of him and digging my sword into his neck.
            “I dare you to keep going.” I said, anger clear in my voice. I swear to the gods I was going to skewer this kid!
            “Want to know what her moan sounds like?” Chase said and I jumped off of him and sliced on each side of his cheeks leaving blood. Chase yelped and held his cheeks but only smirked. “That’s the best you can do, Castellan?”
            He jumped up and our swords locked, both of us trying to overpower the other. I kneed him in the gut and he doubled over in pain but managed to bloke my next attack. I kicked him back on the ground and cut a deep wound in his leg. He screamed out and I kicked his head having it bang on the hard ground.
            “You don’t know how irritating you are!” I yelled at him while he coughed blood.
            “Do you know the way her body trembles under you?” Chase managed to sputter out and I kicked him in the stomach sending him skidding back. I cut another deep slash into his other leg and he yelled out again.
            “Have I told you what you’re scream sounds like?” I mocked, anger starting to consume my body. I stabbed his breast plate and twisted until I had found an open spot and started to twist the sword into his skin. He screamed bloody murder but I just kept going, rage burning so deep in me that I didn’t care.
            I brought it out of his breast plate to have him sputter blood and hold his chest from where I had cut him deeply.
            Kicking him in the side again he screamed. “Are you going to stay away from her!” I screamed.
            “Why should-” He coughed blood pooling on the sides of his mouth. “I- d-do that?” he asked, a faint smirk tinting his face.
            More than pissed with him, I grabbed my dagger from my belt and dragged it down his arm with him screaming. I pulled the knife out and wiped the dagger off his shirt. “I hope you end up in Tartarus.” I hissed then kicked him in the side and walked away leaving him moaning in pain.
            I walked away from him and decided to continue on my search for the flag. I was going to get that flag so I could kiss Avery.
            Through the whole way of walking I couldn’t help but have Chase’s words haunted me. He had kissed her before, he had… apparently even touched her more than I ever had! I clenched my fists and my jaw felt like it was going to break from me clenching it so tightly. I could feel my face burn with anger. How could this had happened? It was all going so well!
            I paused in my step when a thought came to me. Was this Silena’s curse? That Avery had completely fallen away from me and gone to my enemy? My breathing started to get shallow and I started to get even more upset at myself. This was even more my fault then I first thought it to be!
            Running my hands through my hair angrily, I screamed and kicked a tree, letting a stream of cuss words in Greek to show how infuriated I was at myself!
            Trudging through the forest and kicking every rock in sight, I didn’t even care that I was giving my position away to every person within a hundred yards.
            Dang the Aphrodite kids and their curses! I yelled in my head as I stomped through the woods. Dang Silena for cursing me for something I didn’t even know what I did! And dang Chase to the deepest pits of Tartarus!
            While I was yelling at everything that I found stupid, I saw a figure swiftly run past me. I turned and saw a streak of pink running across the forest floor.
            Immediately I recognized the pink as Silena because she was the one that made it so none of the other Aphrodite kids could wear hot pink during the games.
            Deciding that this was my chance to have her release the curse, I ran after her, weaving through the forest and catching up to her. Silena’s head glanced to mine and she gasped but kept running. I don’t think she noticed who I was only that I was the opposer of her team.
            My breath was ragged and my side was hurting from running so long. Silena wasn’t one of the fastest runners but she could run for long distances. When I finally caught up to her so that I was running to the side of her, I flung myself at her and tackled her to the ground, pinning her to floor.
            She gasped from surprise when I trapped her to the ground. Her blue eyes locked on mine and immediately they narrowed. She struggled but I held her down. “Get off of me!” She yelled.
            “Take away the curse!” I yelled at her desperately. “Take it away from me!”
            “Never!” Silena yelled and struggled more.
            “Take it back!” I demanded, feeling impatient.
            “Get off me!” Silena screamed, kicking and fighting me but I shook my head.
            “Not until you take it away!”
            “Get off me you stupid, irritating, jerk, heartbreaking-” Silena yelled then went off swearing at me in French.
            “Zeus’ name!” I yelled at her. “I don’t even know what I did!”
            “To Tartarus, you don’t.” Silena scoffed, still fighting me.
            “What did I do?” I yell at her frustrated.
            “You freaking told Avery that you didn’t want her to be in your cabin!” Silena yelled and I froze. “You freaking have been ignoring her this whole time and you’ve been being this stupid arrogant jerk-” She said and was going to go off into another string of cuss words but I put a hand over her mouth.
            “Tell me that she’s not that mad at me!” I begged, my eyes pleading. “Tell me she doesn’t hate me!”
            Silena bit my hand which I retracted away with a yelp. “Why do you care?” Silena spit at me, trying even more desperately to get away from me.
            “Because I freaking like her!” I screamed and Silena immediately stopped struggling then locked eyes with me, her jaw dropped.
            “W-what?” She asked, quietly as if she didn’t hear me the first time.  
            I got off of her and ran my hands through my hair, pacing. “I like her Silena! I freaking like her.”
            “As a friend?” Silena asked.
            “No! More than that! I like her much more than a friend! I like her as in I want her to be my girlfriend like her!” I yelled.
            Silena stood up and walked over to me, “Are you serious?” She asked me, her eyes wide.
            “Yes!” I cried out desperately and turned to her, “Your stupid curse ruined everything! Chase already kissed her and-” I was cut off by a smack on my cheek so hard that it made my whole face turn from the force. I looked back at Silena to see her fuming mad.
            “I can’t believe you! This just makes it worse! Why in HADES NAME would you ever do that!  If you freaking liked her you could have- gods Luke!” She yelled out. “You idiot! You sure have a stupid way of liking someone! You freaking crushed her! This whole time she’s thought that you hated her! Then you go and screw things up more and glare at her while she was trying to figure out what was wrong with you!”
            She would have kept going but I took her by the shoulders. “I know I messed up! Silena I really have a huge crush on her- gods I really do! I just don’t know what to do!”
            The daughter of love and beauty closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. “Gods you are lucky that I haven’t killed you yet.” Silena muttered and hit my hands from her shoulders. “You are in serious relationship trouble. I don’t know how I’m going to get you out of this one.”
            “Wait,” I said not sure if I heard her right, “You’re going to help me?” I asked surprised.
            Silena nodded and my whole body relaxed. “Yes, but you owe me big time.” She said waving a finger at me. “One thing I don’t get though,” Silena muses so softly that I almost didn’t even hear her. “I hadn’t even started the curse.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Intense or what? Did you guys like it?? What do you think is happening with Chase? Comment you're thoughts, suggestions, and love. ;) I love you all! 
        -Breann