Chapter 28

Avery’s POV
            When we finally got there, a couple of kids were either helping patients or sitting looking bored out of their minds. The kids that weren’t doing anything jumped up, looking excited to help someone.
            “Apollo kids.” Luke explained. “Their dad is the God of healing so they kinda have a talent for it.”
            We both sat down on a bed while they treated our wounds. Nothing was too bad but we just needed to make sure they didn’t get infected and pouring Nectar over the wound made it heal up right before our eyes.
            I still wasn’t used to that.
            When they finally finished we thanked them and started to walk off but Luke grabbed my wrist holding me back. I looked behind me to see him looking worriedly at my face, “They forgot your cheek.” He said then grabbed a little bit of Nectar and put it on a cloth. He gently took my chin  and put the Nectar on it having it instantly heal up.
            After he was done he looked at my eyes and held my gaze.
            Slowly, he put down the cloth but didn’t move anything else. Not his gaze, not his hand, nothing.
            “I hope I didn’t hurt you too much.” Luke said, still staring at me.
            “No,” I whispered, “You’re fine.”
            “You were really good, you know. I was really impressed. Most people aren’t half as good as you are and they stay here for a couples years not a day.”
            I blushed but couldn’t move my face because it was still in Luke’s grip.
            We continued to stare at each other’s eyes until suddenly; Luke started to lean in slowly. “I can’t get over your eyes,” He muttered and leaned in closer. “They pull me in and I want to know every single thing about you.”
            My breathing hitched in my throat when his lips were so close to mine. His breathed fanned my face and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
            Luke leaned in closer, going to kiss me then- “Hey are you guys okay over there?” An Apollo kid yelled.
            We both jumped back: me blushing like a mad man, and Luke looking really, really upset. “Yeah,” He said through gritted teeth and glared at the kid, “We’re just great.”
            The Apollo kid seemed to know that Luke was upset and dropped the conversation, walking away.
            Luke stood glaring at the kid and I decided to leave, “Thanks guys.” I said and waved to the Apollo kids that had helped us. “I’m going to shower.” I told Luke then headed off to the cabin to get a towel.
            Before I could leave Luke seemed like he wanted to talk but I was too embarrassed from my red face to say anything to him and quickly walked to the cabin.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Oh so close to kissing!! Don’t you all hate me? Sorry but I have that in there for a specific purpose so don’t stop reading please!  Thanks so much guys!
            -Breann