Chapter 33

Avery’s POV
            I finally caught up to Luke when he was coming out of the Hermes cabin rounding up some more campers. “Hey.” I said and he smiled.
            “Finally nice of you to join me.” He teased.
            “Sorry, Grey wouldn’t let me leave.”  I laughed and Luke smiled at me. “So, what’s the next activity?”
            “Archery.” Luke said.
            I nodded as we started to walk towards the archery range. The smaller Hermes cabin kids ran a head of us but we slowly took our time. Luke and I were walking with our hands swinging. I felt his hand brush mine, but I assumed that it was by accident so I just kept swinging it. I felt his hand brush again, this time more firmly but I saw someone that looked familiar and waved at them, taking my hand from my side. I saw him tense but didn’t think of it.
            “Grover!” I called, a smile on my face.
            The satyr stopped walking and turned around looking for where the name came from. When he finally saw me, his face broke out into a grin and then ran towards me calling my name. “Averrry!!” He bleated and we hugged. I didn’t notice that Luke was glaring at Grover until I pulled away from the hug and looked at Luke to see his eyes distance but he was pulled out of it soon and started to glare intensely at Grover. As soon as Luke felt me staring at him they softened but were still intensely on Grover.
            “Hi Luke.” Grover greeting but sounded nervous about it then an actually greeting.
            “Grover.” Luke said but sounded upset and bitter at him for some reason.
            I rose my eyebrow at Luke but shook my head, deciding not to ask. I turned back to Grover. “How’s camp going for you so far?” Grover asked.
            “Oh my gosh it’s great!” I exclaimed. “I absolutely love Pegasus riding!”
            Grover laughed then walked with us to the archery range while we made small talk. Luke wasn’t part of the conversation and instead had his hands in his pockets gritting his teeth looking really upset and completely out of it. What was up with him?