Chapter 29

Luke’s POV
            Dang-it, dang-it, dang-it, DANG-IT!
            I was so freaking close to kissing her and Lee just had to ask if we were okay!
            Clenching my fists I glared at Lee and weighed the decision on if I should go and hit him or not. Finally deciding against it, I stormed away feeling as if I was in the presence of the Ares himself.
I just wanted to punch someone!
            When I got to the cabin I ripped my clothes and a towel out of my trunk then stomped to the showers.
            My two best friends, as well as half-brothers, Zach and Devin, came up to me as soon as I walked in the locker room.
            “Hey Luke.” Devin greeted while Zach and him walked towards me. I just scowled and push past them.
            “Woah,” Zach said, “Someone’s in a bad mood.”
            “Just shut up Zach!” I yelled at him clenching my fists that were raised, threatening to hit him.
            Zach held up his head in surrender and rolled his eyes and mouthed ‘well then’.
            Devin asked, “Seriously, dude, what’s wrong?”         
            I stopped and ran my hands through my hair, “Avery, that’s what’s wrong.”
            Zach rose an eyebrow, “The new girl in camp?” I nodded.
            “What did she do?” Devin asked.
            Taking a deep breath I calmed myself. “It’s not her exactly but it’s just- I- she-”
            “Woah, woah, woah. “ Zach stopped me, a grin slowly forming on his face. “You like her don’t you?”
            I started to answer but Devin cut me off. “Dude, she’s hot.”
            Glaring daggers at him I forced myself not to beat him to a pulp. “Stay. Away. From. Her.” I growled.
            Zach laughed, “Dude, you totally like her! Are you going to ask her to the fireworks?”
            The Fireworks was basically the biggest date there was at camp. It was a really big deal to everyone. I had never actually gone- I mean, there were tons of girls that asked me, but I just didn’t want to. It was supposed to be something special, not just another girl that threw herself at me.
            “The Fireworks aren’t until July.” Devin reminded.
            Zach shrugged, “Still.”
            “No,” I answered but changed my mind just as quick, “Maybe? I don’t know, alright?”
            “Its April now,” Zach pointed out, “You only have 4 months.”
            “That will be plenty of time.” Devin said, “He’s already got every other girl swooning at his feet.” 
            “Don’t remind me.” Zach groaned, “Why can’t I just have a girl? One girl!” That seemed to lighten my mood and forget about how upset I was.
            I smirked and put a hand on Zach’s shoulder. “Not everyone is a babe magnet like me.” I said then started to walk away only to hear Zach shout at me.
            “I hate you!” He yelled. “It’s not fair!”
             I chuckled then walked off to the showers.