Chapter 35

Luke’s POV  

        I blinked, the flashback done. It felt like it happened again and I could feel my body staring to shake. I looked back at Grover to see her still hugging Avery. It felt like I was in my flashback for an hour but in reality it had only been a couple seconds.

            I glared at Grover’s arms around her, jealousy consuming me. I should be the one hugging her not him!

            He did absolutely nothing to deserve anyone to be so kind to him, especially Avery! He was such a coward! Selfish little-! HE should be sent to Tartarus!

            Grover could have saved Thalia from so many injuries if he would have helped me carry her to camp but no, he was too scared for his own sin. We all could have been dead because of him! Not only did he lead us to the Cyclopes layer but he brought us into that as well!

Flashback

            I woke up with a jump my eyes snapping open but my vision was blurry so I couldn’t see anything. I blinked a few times then a white ceiling came into view. There were golden suns on the ceiling but other than that it was blank. I laid there for a moment just staring at the ceiling and blinking trying to figure out where I was. I tried to turn my head to look around, but I regretted it as a searing pain erupted in my head. I cried out and immediately someone ran up to me, putting a cloth to my face. “Hey,” A female voice said gently and soothingly but I couldn’t see who they were because I had my eyes closed from the pain. “It’s okay. You’re safe now.” She whispered.

            Groaning from the pain, I rasped, “Thalia.” My voice sounded hoarse, scratchy and it was dry, my tongue feeling like sandpaper. In other words it sounded like Hades and hurt just as bad too bit I had to know if she was alright.

            The girl took the cloth from my head. I opened my eyes to see a girl with golden blonde hair and stunning green eyes. She looked to be about 19 and had kind eyes. She was naturally beautiful and seemed to glow. “Thalia?” She asked. “The girl that was with you?”

            I nodded lightly, my eyes drooping. “Is she- is she dead?” I asked a tear coming from my eyes.

            The girl shook her head and I felt an invisible weight lift off my chest from relieve. “She’s alive but…” She trailed off and my heart dropped to my stomach. “She-she’s in a coma.” The girl said softly. “I’m so sorry.”

            My eyes started to look around frantically and I couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe. The girl started to see that I was hyperventilating and said, “Hey, hey, no it’s okay. Look at me, look at me! We’ve got the best healers looking at her. Chiron in in their himself!”

            “Who’s Chiron?” I asked, my voice gravelly.

            “He’s the camp trainer. He trains heroes here at Camp Half-Blood.” The girl responded smiling sweetly.

            “And who are you?” I asked.

            She laughed and it sounded like silver bells. “I’m Eve, daughter to Apollo.” She said her eyes bright.

            I nodded, slightly, my head feeling slightly better. “I’m Luke.” I said.

            “Nice to meet you, Luke.”

            I cracked a smile, “You too.”

            She smiled at me then focused on my injuries and started to dab my head again with the cloth. We were both silent for a while, leaving me to my thoughts. She finally broke the silence and said, “You’ve lucky to be alive.”  Eve said. “You’re cuts are horrible but that’s not he worst of it. You drank too much Nectar, you should have disintegrated at the spot. You should be thanking the Gods that you’re alive.”