Chapter 48

Luke’s POV
            Silena agreed to help me with the whole ‘getting Avery to forgive me’ project. I could literally feel a weight lifted off of me I was so relieved. She told me that she would help me right after the games.  
            Both Silena and I made a pack to let each other go, her so could go rescue Thalia and Annabeth- which is where she was running to in the first place- and me to find the flag and hopefully get that kiss from Avery.
            My legs pumped faster, thinking of getting that kiss. It gave me new energy and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. If I got the flag, she would have to kiss me, no matter what.
             I smirked at the thought and ran faster.
            When I finally ran past the guards, I grabbed the flag and turned back running as fast as I could with a huge smile on my face. Sprinting through the woods, I finally made my way to the creek, breathing hard and looking up to see that I was about 20 feet away from crossing. My eyes widened as I gazed across the river to see the huge battle that was raging.
            Everyone was fighting the opposite team, even the Aphrodite girls- they even seemed to be working harder than some of the other kids! I spotted Devin and Zach fighting with two Hephaestus kids while the rest of my team mates where hacking away at the other team. My eyes scanned over until I found Avery, fighting with her two daggers looking like a whirlwind of mass destruction. Her hair was done in its usual braid but two pieces of hair had fallen out and were delicately placed on either side of her face though her face looked confident. She looked up at me then quickly and smiled. I felt my heart jump a little but I realized that she smiled because of the flag and not me. She turned back and started fighting the kids.  
            While she was fighting I could think of one thing, she was really hot when she fought. Her face had a stern look and it was extremely sexy that she could hold off against so many people, hardly breaking a sweat.
            I stood there gaping and Clarisse screamed at me. “Run twerp!” I jumped from her voice then realized she was right. I was about to run but someone tackled me to the ground. I landed hard on my back and looked up to see Charles Beckendorf from the Hephaestus cabin holding me down. He smirked and I struggled against him but he was much bigger than me. He was an African American that was about my height but with muscles twice as big as mine from working all day in the forges. His hands were the size of baseball gloves and he looked like he could snap your leg like a twig.
            “Get off!” I yelled but he only held me down and yelled at the other team. “Run Nico!” My eyes widen and I looked over towards the opposite side where Nico was running to get to the other side of the creek.
            “Avery!” Clarisse yelled while she slashed at people and kicked them aside, not paying attention to anything but fighting. “Go get him!”
            Upon hearing the request, Avery nodded frantically and ran to help me. Clarisse was too busy fighting people off to notice. When Avery got to Charles she commanded. “Get off!” His eyes glazed over and he slowly started to get off me.
            Clarisse looked over in her direction and screamed at her. “You idiot! I meant to get Nico!” Avery’s eyes widened. She was going to chase after Nico but after her concentrating left, Charles snapped out of it and kicked her to the ground with a loud thud. She yelped and he trapped her under his foot as well.
            “Di immortals people!” Clarisse yelled frantically, “Get him!” People started to charge towards him but suddenly the ground started to shake and skeleton creatures came from the ground and cleared a path for him. “Agh!” Clarisse screamed then started to storm towards him but we all knew that she would be too late.  Nico ran across the river as quickly as he could with Clarisse charging after him. He made it to the other side panting from running and using his powers.
            The horn blew to signal that the Blue team had won and Clarisse screamed in fury and threw her electric spear at a tree, almost decapitating a kid. She threw it so hard that it soared straight through the tree and into another one, sending sparks flickering off it.
            Clarisse let out a string of, very unkind words that I will not repeat, and started to kick everything in sight in a mad rampage trying to release her anger.
            Everyone on the Blue team cheered and started to swarm Nico congratulating him and telling him that he did well.
            I swore under my breath and kicked Charles so hard the he made a muffled groan and jumped off. I stood up my hands clenched so hard that my fingernails were drawing blood.
            Today, absolutely EVERYTHING had gone wrong! I said something stupid to Avery, I ignored her, got slapped by Silena, humiliated myself by getting slapped by Silena, got cursed by Silena, Chase totally took away my girl, and I lost the flag!
            Avery stood up slowly and looked like she was in shock from how fast Charles had taken her down. Her eyes spotted someone and she smiled then walked towards them. Thinking it was Chase, I whipped my head ready to snap his neck, but relaxed when I saw Avery’s friend Grey.
            Chiron trotted towards the grinning Nico and the rest of the Blue team and shouted, gathering everyone’s attention. “Campers! Congratulations to the Blue team is for winning this month’s Capture the Flag!” They cheered while the red team all groaned and muttered about how dumb this was. I saw a few of the kids exchange money for a beat that they had either lost. Not surprisingly- most of those kids were from the Hermes cabin, but surprisingly, there was a fair amount of Aphrodite kids.  “Now,” Chiron said turning to Nico and placing his hand on his shoulder. “As you know, we have the tradition that whoever carried the flag over the boundaries get to kiss whomever they please.” He spread his arm, gesturing to the campers. “Take your pick.”
            Nico smirked obviously knowing who he would go to. He started to walk in the direction that Avery and her friend where in and my eyes widen. Dear Gods could my day not get any worse! I screamed in my head.
            I pushed past everyone, angrily, trying to get to Avery before he could. Suddenly, I felt small arms hold my shoulders back. I raised my eyebrow and turned to see who the person was. I was expecting Devin or Zach to stop me but instead I saw that it was Silena. “What they Hades?” I hissed at her. “You are seriously doing this? Why are you freaking smiling?” I asked, my voice rising into an almost yelling state.
            Siena’s smile never wavered. “Just watch.” She said and looked towards where Nico was going. I clenched my firsts and my body shook from my anger.
            Grey and Avery were casually talking and didn’t even know that Nico was coming up to him. Nico stopped in front of them, a predatory smirk on his face. Both Avery and Grey were startled and turned to Luke.
            “You know the tradition right?” Nico asked smirking then grabbed for one of them. I tensed but then realized why Silena was smiling when he jerked Grey into his chest and kissed her hard on the lips. He kissed her then pulled back with a scowl on his face, “You have to kiss back.” He said, his voice hard and sounding angry. “Camp rules.”
            Grey’s eyes widen and turned to Avery who looked like she was having a happy spaz attack. Grey turned to Nico and suddenly grabbed him by the shirt and kissed him on the lips harder than he had. You could see Nico’s eyes widened at how she reacted but soon he smirked and started to kiss her passionately on the lips. A few of the kids wolf whistled while the Aphrodite kids giggled, saying how cute it was.
            After their little “make out session” Nico and Grey pulled apart so that their foreheads were touching. “Grey,” Nico asked slightly out of breathe, “Will you be my girlfriend?” Grey squealed and tackled him into a hug that knocked him off his feet having them roll with her on top of him.
            “Yes!” Grey said and Nico’s face burst into a huge smile. He stood up then helped Grey up while the girls ‘awed’. They turned to the crowd with Grey a bright red and Nico looking like he owned the world. A few of his friends shouted things to him and he smirked, putting an arm around Grey.
            Grey’s face was as red as a tomato and I couldn’t help but smile at the two. However much I was jealous, they still looked good together. My hands slightly unclenched slightly but I could still feel my face red from being upset that that wasn’t me kissing Avery.
            Avery jumped over to Grey and Nico let go of her, letting Grey and Avery hug each other and squeal with Avery telling her that she told her so and that she was so happy for her.
            A hand was placed on my shoulder and I looked over to see Silena smiling. “You’ll get that kiss.” She promised. “I’ll be helping you, you’ll get it.” I nodded and let my hands hang loosely at my side.
            Suddenly someone yelled over everyone. “Where’s Chase?”
            My heart dropped and my eyes widened remembering where I left him. Crap.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Ahhhhh okay I was like so excited to write that part!! I freaking love Grey and Nico together!!!! I've been planning this for a long time and I was so happy that I was finally able to get to it!!!!! So how was the chapter??? Did you all like it?? What do you want to happen to Chase? Comment below!! Thanks so much!!! Sorry for the cliff hanger- hahah not really. ;) [Pulling a Rick Riordan move there] Love you guys!
        -Breann