Chapter 86

Avery's POV

Walking down the hill felt weird. This time, I was leaving Camp for the first time, rather than entering it. The last time that i had been on this hill was when i first came. It was weird thinking i couldn't come back for a long time. Since Grey and I first came, I'd never left camp. most people would hate to be confined somewhere for so long but i loved it. I hated the outside world. Mortals were jerks for one thing, and no one seemed to understand me. Plus, it was home here, I'd never had that anywhere else.

Luke walked besides me, Thalia on the other side. We each had backpacks, Luke's weapon on his side and Thalia and I's weapons hidden in our magical objects.

My senses tingled, something that happened when my animal instincts warned me that i needed to turn on my enhanced senses. Almost like Spiderman's Spidey sense.

I felt my skin tingle for just a moment before i felt everything become heightened. My eyes could see at most a mile away but usually i toned it down because it made my head spin from how much i could take in. I could suddenly smell everything, the smell of the strawberries baking in the field, the salt in the air, and the smell of the trees in the woods. I could hear the waves from the ocean and the monsters in the forest, and laughing below from campers. What i also heard was the grass moving softly, not from the soft wind around us, but someone following the three of us.

"Luna," I sighed, knowing exactly who was following me. "You know you can't come."

Thalia and Luke gave me an odd look, wondering why I was talking but they both jumped, turning sharply to look behind them when Thalia yelped in surprise when Luna growled, or spoke in my mind.

"I know." She said matter-o-factly, continuing to follow.

Another sigh came from my lips. "If you know, then why are you following us?"

Luna ran up to my side, bumping Luke to the side, quite literally, as he stumbled nearly falling over. My eyes widened in concern, my hand outstretched to him but he didn't meet my eye as he angrily brushed himself off and stood, glaring at Luna.

"Can't I walk you to the car?" She asked.

"I mean... I - I guess."

"Excellent. Now do you have everything you need?"

"What's she saying?" Thalia asked.

"She asked if I have everything that i need." I sighed while Thalia rolled her eyes.

"You're not her mom Luna."

"Both of them are jerks though." Luke muttered.

Luna snarled at him and he gripped the hilt of his sword, glaring at her as well.

"Play nice you two." Thalia smirked.

Neither of them answered and continued to glare at each other, Luke made a big statement and walked to the other side of me, grabbing my hand and kissing my cheek with a smirk thrown at Luna. "Stop teasing her." I whispered to him, leaning on him as we walked.

"Ah she's fine." Luke answered, kissing my cheek again.

When we finally made it to the car, which didn't really take that long, Thalia and Luke started to load everything in, Luke being a gentleman and taking mine as well as his. "We'll be in the car." He told me before kissing my head and sliding in with Thalia. Argus, our mullioned eyed security guard and chaperone, winking at them when they got in.

I bent down to look into Luna's eyes and be at her level. "You're not coming." I repeated.

"Not even for half of it?" She pressed then nuzzled against me when I shook my head. "I worry for you Little Star, how am I supposed to protect you."

Wrapping my arms around her, I pressed close into her silky fur. "I can take care of myself, you need to let me do this on my own."

"Very well," she puffed, pulling away. "I wish for you to be careful, and may the Gods watch over you." With one last affectionate nudge, I stood and got into the car, Luna sitting away from the car, nodding a farewell. I waved before Argus started the car and we drove off, leaving Luna to grow smaller in the distance.

Luke noticed my longing look towards the camp and put his arm around me. "Don't worry," he assured me. "We'll see it again soon."

A sigh left my lips as I leaned against his chest. "I know, but I'm going to miss it."

He kissed the top of my head, pulling me closer to him. "Me too."

The drive to the airport felt long and so different. Luke, Thalia and I all awed at everything, remembering buildings that we had nearly forgotten about. When we finally arrived, we hopped out, grabbed our bags, said goodbye to Argus and left.

Once Argus drove away, we got our first problem. Luke started to frantically count the money before starting to get panicked, making both Thalia and I on edge.

"What's wrong?" Thalia pressed.

Luke counted the money again furiously. "We don't have enough!" He cursed. "Only enough for half way, then two tickets all the way."

"What!?" I exclaimed then ran over to him to count it.

"Don't even bother," he denied with a frustrated snarl, "I've already counted it over 10 times. We don't have enough."

"I'll stay." Thalia suddenly blurted.

Surprised I paused and looked over at her. "But it's your quest...."

Thalia swore under her breath.

"You guys just go," I finally said, shoving Luke the money.

"No way," Thalia stepped in immediately. "You're a part of this quest too. Don't you dare mention that again, not an option!"

I let go a sigh, "then what are we going to do?"

Thalia started to get more panicked, her emotions rubbing on Luke and I, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking." She muttered, pacing back and forth. Finally she paused and looked over at Like, bring her lip.

"What?" Luke demanded cautiously, yet sternly, reading her look.

"Luke.... I know you're going to hate this but, it's the only way. We... we have to follow Chiron's advice, we need to pray to our parents."

"No way!" Luke immediately answering scowling. "Not an option."

Thalia gave me a "help" look and I stepped in.

My voice was soft when I spoke, holding Luke's arm tenderly and looking up at him pleadingly. "Please Luke, it's the only way."

He looked like he wanted to argue as he turned his face to glare at me, but as he looked into my eyes, his face softened, letting me know he gave. "Fine," he growled, the scowl returning. "I'll do it."

I grinned, leaning on my tip toes and kissing his cheek.

"Lets split up to pray," Thalia suggested. "Pray vocally, you're more likely to get a response."

Without saying a word, Luke turned sharply, stomping away, kicking things that he walked past. I watched him leave, my eyebrows creased in worry.

"He'll be fine." Thalia reassured me.

Something told me she was right, but I was still worried, not completely positive. Even though I had my doubts, I nodded then went off to pray.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: Guys! I'm like actually alive!! I am so sorry that this has taken so long! I got a job and it's taken up my entire summer! Me and Chloe have been super busy with another story too so it's been taking up a lot of our time. But here we are!! Again so sorry and i hope you guys like this!