A race

Spyro yawned as he looked at the midday sky, his eyes looking towards the passing clouds and islands as the ship was on its voyage.

Bored beyond his own comprehension spyro was about to fall asleep before the loud sound of a door opening slices across his mind as he his eyes widened.

Looking behind, Spyro saw Cynder looking tot he blue sky and taking in the fresh air.

With his tiredness seemingly swept away Spyro quickly flew over to the other dragon, landing right next to her before she even turned to see him.

"Hey" Spyro said

"Sup" she said smiling

"You know I'm pretty bored today not gonna lie" Spyro said flying down the stairs slowly with Cynder doing the same behind him

"Well I like to think of it as peaceful" Cynder said landing softly on the deck

"Well I guess so but still..pretty boring...hey! How about a race?" Spyro said lifting his head in excitement

Cynder looked upwards a little in thought for a small amount of time before turning back and smiling

"Alright, your on"

"Yeah! Alright let's see..." Spyro said looking around for best racing spots around them in the sky before spotting one

"Okay...to that group of clouds...then that island with the five trees, then back to ship, one lap"

"Alright then...let's race" Cynder said unfolding her wings

The two dragons got into postion on the deck with their wings unfolded as a soft breeze pressed against them.

"On three...one...two...three!"

With this the dragons took off with Spyro having a early lead over cynder as he pressed towards the first target of the race.

As the dragons attempted to outfly each other spyro managed to get a lead which only got further and further as the group of clouds became closer and closer.

Finally reaching it, Spyro bursted through the clouds before turning sharply and picking up speed but by the time he was on the other side of the clouds he only saw the sky and the ship rather than the expected island.

Turning to his left Spyro found the isle a longs way off and Cynder nearly there.

Spyro groaned the smallest bit before rushing to the isle which Cynder had just now passed and moved with great speed to the island passing just as Cynder reached halfway.

With great swiftness Spyro managed to catch up to Cynder as the two were half way to the ship and only getting closer.

The two struggled in front of each other as they were closer to the ship with both just inch's in front of the other at a time.

Yet in a second Spyro boosted in front of Cynder just as the two crossed the side of the ship.

Spyro won.

Landing on the deck with a bit of panting Spyro quickly wore a smile.

"Yes!" He said cheering but stopped realizing his borderline gloating

"Oh uh, good race Cynder you almost got me!" Spyro said turning to her

Cynder huffed a little before turning her head up.

"Yeah, good race Spy now let's get something to eat" she said waking to the entrance to the ship

Spyro sighed in relief of not saying anything too boastful before walking into the ship.

It was a good race.