Failed recon.

King Pen peaked over the rocks around the large hole he used for cover on the crystal archipelago on of the richest places of traptaium in skylands or at least in relevance to the rest of skylands that is.

Looking to the sky King Pen wondered if Kassandras intel was true, he had been here for the last four days waiting for the slightest breeze that would tell him if his opponent was approaching until finally, it did.

A rumbling shook the air as King Pen looked for the source which came in the form of a large airship, as of a mix of troll and drow designs with a large blimp like structure on the top and five humongous smoke bellowing engines bounced to the vibrations of their own recoil as it landed nearby.

Quickly ensuring his hiding spot King Pen watched closely as the machine landed.

With the sound of crushing stone and dirt the Goliath of metal came to a hissing stop as steam was pushed out of vents before a door was opened and a ramp dropped.

Soon a figure in black robes walked down the ramp, face hidden in their garb as they walked closer and closer to the middle of the island.

After reaching their destination the figure stood there, looking blankly at the sky and clouds in front of them.

The figure revealed their right hand and forearm, removing the robes from their right arm and letting them drop to the ground.

It revealed a hand and arm of crystal, of traptaium of  pure white and seemed like it would crack and fall to pieces by the weight of the wind alone.

The figure then lifted their hand and plunged it into the island and quickly light began to flicker form newly made cracks broke in the island before cracking more and more before erupting into a dusty pit.

In there the figure stood in a creator of brown and yellow traptaium, one of the largest amounts in skylands outside of the cloud breaker volcano all as hidden as a bug in a forest until now.

Leaving the newly made pit the figure once again stood still before it raised its hand up.

And pointed at King Pen.

Acting on this King pen leaped backwards through the air as high and fast as he could.

'Have to get back' he thought 'have to make it back'.

A raging beam of light shot from the figures hand and raced to King Pen who just barley avoided it but still fell to the ground but immediately got up.

"Did you think you could run?"

The figure then reached his hand forward in a calm manner before a multicolored spectrum of light charging through his hand before it shot out beams across King Pens area and in hose beams the swap force and trap team emerged.

Quickly King Pen leaped back but was hit by a bomb from Blast-Zone in his back forcing him to ground.

'Too many...if I can't run..I'll fight.'

Wallop jumped to attack with his duel hammers before King Pen jumped and impaled wallop in the chest and then running towards the figure.

"Oh? Well I'm glad you're such a fan of me...but I don't give autographs."

The shadows raced to King Pen, some jumping over him and block his path or  catching up to him and attacking.

King Pen fought them off, Krypt King, Lob star, Tuff luck, Thunderbolt Jaw breaker, Wash-buckler still while advancing.

With the rest of the shadows not able to reach him King Pen launched to the figure with his fist first.

The figure held up his hand and fired a blast of bright blue light.

King Pen fell behind the figure, as blue light started taking over his body, slowly moving to his head.

"That's odd...usually it takes only one blast to completely take over the skylander."

King Pen, the light still moving to his head brought himself up with all the strength he had left and turned around to attack one last time, one last chance to stop his enemy.

The figure shot another blast.

"Now...that's better." The figure said as he walked back to his ship with the shadows following.

King Pen included.