Chapter 4

Jordi and I arrived at Blair's and the house was already full with everyone. As we walked through to the lounge, everyone smiled. Everyone... Besides Charlie.

"Hey Emily," Ollie said standing up to give me a hug.

"Hey Ollie,"

"Forget him," he whispered in my ear so I nodded. I put a smile on my face as I went to get a drink.

"You alright Emy?" I heard Victoria ask as I turned around.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I sighed leaning back on the worktop.

"I'm not stupid. It's him isn't it," she said. I just nodded, what else is there to do. "Come on, there's a space next to Leo and I," and Victoria dragged me into to lounge and sat me next her and Leo on the sofa. It was awkward. No actually, that's an understatement.

"So..... Shall we do karaoke?" Blair asked trying to lighten the mood. We all nodded and Jordi and Ryan started setting it up.

"Awww, look at Rordi together," Charlie shouted. As much as I didn't want to, I laughed. I couldn't not, it was funny.

"We are goals!" Ryan said hugging Jordi tightly. They're cute.

"Charlie and Emily are my OTP," Andy smirked quietly but I heard and so did Charlie. Ollie whacked him round the head as Charlie and I looked guilty at each other.

"OW! What was that for?" Andy moaned.

"Shut it Fowler," I said storming out and going upstairs into Overload's room. As I left, I heard Jordi say "Well done Andy!"

I collapsed on the bed but I had no more tears left. They've all gone over a stupid boy who can't see bad press. A faint knock went on my door so I said a small "Come in," it's Andy.

"Emily I'm so so so so sorry, you know I'd never mean it. I can't help myself sometimes because let's face it, you and Charlie are meant to be together,"

"But if he can't believe that I'm telling the truth, then what am I meant to do? I can't go back out with him unless he 100% trusts me. After what happened with Matt years ago, I found it hard to trust another boyfriend. But then Charlie came along and fixed all of that,"

"He loves you,"

"Not enough to believe me. I'm not being harsh or anything but Leondre's my best mate, I'd never date him. That would be too weird. And Kyle is my dance partner, again it would be weird if I went out with him,"

"Come on, let's go back downstairs and sing on karaoke,"

"Love you Fovvler,"

"Love you too lil' sis but call me Fovvler again and you'll be sorry," he laughed.

"Sorry Andrew," I giggled and he just sighed whilst shaking his head. Even though Overload are my brother's mates, I can go to them about anything, and I mean that.

By the time we got downstairs, Ryan and Jordi were singing 'I Will Always Love You' to each other. I worry about them... A lot! Leo patted the seat next to him so I could sit down, which I did.

"I think Emily should sing something," Joey said and everyone nodded in agreement, even Charlie.

"Erm..." I started.

"Go on Em, you could sing Lay Me Down!" Leo encouraged. I smiled and stood up, taking the microphone off of Ryan as he set it up. I didn't know how to work the damn thing!

The music started...

Yes, I do, I believe
That one day I will be
Where I was right there
Right next to you

And it's hard
The days just seems so dark
The moon, the stars
Are nothing without you

Your touch, your skin
Where do I begin?
No words can explain
The way I'm missing you

Deny this emptiness
This hole that I'm inside
These tears
They tell their own story

Told me not to cry when you were gone
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong

Can I lay by your side?
Next to you, you
And make sure you're alright
I'll take care of you
I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight

I'm reaching out to you
Can you hear my call?
This hurt that I've been through
I'm missing you, missing you like crazy

[this verse only at album version:]
You told me not to cry when you were gone
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong

Can I lay by your side?
Next to you, you
And make sure you're alright
I'll take care of you
I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight

Lay me down tonight
Lay me by your side
Lay me down tonight
Lay me by your side
Can I lay by your side?
Next to you
You

Once I'd finish, I saw Charlie run out of the lounge, presumably upstairs. The rest were silent.

"Did I sing wrong?"

"Wrong? Emily, there was nothing wrong with that!" Blair excitedly said.

"Aw, thanks," I blushed.

"Sis, I knew you could sing but not like that!" Jordi exclaimed.

"Runs from you I suppose," I smiled, still blushing.

"Wow, my best friend can't just dance," Victoria and Leo said, then giggled at the fact that they said it at the same time.

"If there wasn't anything wrong with it, then why did Charlie run out?" I asked.

"Go speak to him," Ollie suggested. I gave him that 'really?' look.

"Go on, you two will need to talk eventually," Leo pointed out. I nodded and went cautiously upstairs to Leo and Charlie's room were Charlie was sat on the edge of the bed, head in his hands.

"Emily," he said standing up.

"Charlie. Why did you run out?" I asked.

"Because I need you," He replied.

A/N cliffhanger! Haha! Thank you guys so much, the last chapter got almost 200 reads! Hope you liked it, let me know what you think Emily will say in the comments!
Love ya✌️