Chapter 40

In no time at all, we arrived at the hospital. Yes, we had practised the journey. Better to be safe than sorry.

"Hi, my wife is in labour," Charlie said to the receptionist.

"Name," she groaned. Rude.

"Emily Mary Lenehan, Charlie stated.

They soon got me in one of them horrid hospital gowns. Ew ew ew ew. No. Ew. Also, I am laid on the bed. The pain is getting unbearable. I just want these babies out. Mum, dad, Karen, Brooke and Jordi are all at the hospital as they were only visiting Mel. She's still in a coma.

I'm doubled over in pain with countless drips attached to me. Needle-phobia overload right here.

"Arghhhhhh," I screamed, clutching my stomach.

"It's okay princess, it'll be over soon I promise. You're doing so well, you can do it," Charlie encouraged whilst gently stroking my hair. The nurse walked in and quickly scanned my stomach.

"How come she went into such early labour?" Jordi asked, concerned. "Are they going to be okay?"

"The results are showing that the reason Emily went into early labour is because her stress levels soared which made the babies panic and need to come out. Also, twins never go to the full forty weeks because there not enough room in the womb," the nurse explained.

"So, are the twins go to be okay?" Charlie asked, they're the most important after all.

"They should be just fine,"

I let out a massive sigh of relief. Thank god. Charlie kissed my cheek to show how relieved he is.

"Emily, it's time to start pushing. Who do you want in the room with you?"

"Charlie," I squealed as another contraction hit.

"Here you go princess. The last leg, think of the twins, you can do it, I love you," Charlie smiled as he grabbed hold of my leg. I kept pushing and pushing.

"One more should do it," the nurse said.

One last painful push and I heard a baby's cry. Half relief flushed over me.

"Here's your gorgeous baby boy," the nurse praised as she held he up in front of me and a great big massive grin came over my face. They took him for weighing etc as I began pushing again.

It was harder this time as I've exhausted but I knew I could do it. Charlie had his hand in mine so I could squeeze it has hard as I could. Another baby's cry and I was done. I laid back on the bed as the nurse showed me our beautiful baby girl.

"Proud of you princess," Charlie said kissing my lips lovingly. The nurse handed me our baby boy and Charlie our baby girl.

"Hiya baby, I'm you're mummy," I coped with tears coming down as he began to cry again. "I know I know. I love you," i planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Swap?" Charlie asked.

"Swap," I confirmed. Okay, so this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Eventually, we managed it.

"Hello baby, I love you. Daddy and I are going to love you both so much," I smiled, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Mum, dad, Karen, Brooke and Jordi crept slowly around the door to see Charlie sat on my bed with me, cradling our children in our arms. Everyone crowed round them and took turns in cuddles.

"Do we have names yet?" Mum asked softly. I looked at Charlie and he nodded.

"She's called Siân Grace..." Charlie started smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

"Oh! Grace!" Mum gasped bursting into tears. I knew since the day Grace passed that my child's middle name was to be Grace. To keep her memory alive. I gave mum a tight hug.

"And his name is Cody Bentley," Charlie finished as the family crowded round as we were handed back our babies.

"Yes! I am an Uncle!" Jordi shouted.

"And I'm an Auntie!" Brooke yelled.

"High - Five Mel!" Jordi said and they did. So that was cheesy. Moving swiftly on.

"Charlie," Brooke blushed. What does she want.

"Yeah Brookie,"

"Will I be able to babysit?" She asked.

"How about if Jordi's with you,"

"Why does he need to be there?" Charlie looked at me for help.

"Erm... Because Jordi doesn't know how to do it so we need a pro to show him," I said making her giggle.

A couple of hours later, everyone had left so just Charlie, the twins and I remained.

"He looks like you," I said.

"She looks likes you, the same blonde hair and gorgeous green eyes," he replied. I couldn't help but blush. The nurse helped us take Siân and Cody down to the nursery ward so that Charlie and I had a good night sleep before taking them home tomorrow. Surprisingly, they both went down easily. I bet that's just because we're in the hospital; it'll be a whole different story when they come home.

Charlie came and laid next to me on the bed as my head lay on his chest.

"I love you," he whispered into my ear.

"I love you too,"

A/N I loved writing this chapter so much! I came home from school at 11:15 as I can't move my back😩all worth it for yesterday though, It was amazing, I met Sam from Dance Mums UK too!I hope you liked this chapter, only 10 chapter left omg😰 thank you for all the votes/comments/follows/reads! So close to 10K!
Love ya✌🏼️