Chapter 34

It took us a while to get over the news. Charlie was over the moon which I couldn't be happier about. The fact at another person is growing inside me fills me with joy. I'm only one week, but I already feel attached to my baby. I go downstairs to see Charlie at the table answering emails.

"Morning baby," I say leaning over in front of Charlie's laptop, blocking his view, and kissing his soft lips.

"Morning gorgeous," he smiles. "And good morning to you little one," he says to my belly making me giggle.

"Charl can it hear you?" I ask.

"Em, the baby is not an it. The baby is either a boy or girl. Not it. And yeah they can. Didn't you pass biology and health and social?" He asked grinning.

"You know I hate science and I passed with an A actually. I find it cute that you speak to the baby,"

"Of course. I want to connect with my son," he smiled.

"How are you so sure the baby will be a boy?"

"I can sense it," oh god. Here we go. 9 months of Charlie 'sensing' the baby. That sounds weird. Moving swiftly on. "Hey, what about we throw an announcing shower?"

"Today?" I ask unsure.

"Yeah. Not a big one. Just your parents, my mum, Brooke, Jordi, Overload, Leo and Victoria," he said. I noticed Mel wasn't included in that. My face dropped slightly. "We will go visit Mel and tell her tomorrow. I promise," Charlie smiles whilst stroking my hand. I give a weak smile before I go and make all the necessary phone calls. I say to them about 3 o'clock so thhat gives me a couple of hours to tidy round and get stuff ready. For ease, I'll just order pizzas in. Simple.

I went upstairs and had a quick shower to change into joggers and a tank top for cleaning. Charlie's busy working on his laptop understandably but he decides to clean the living room as that's the biggest room.

After a good 2 hour clean, it's 2 o'clock so I quickly ring Pizza Hut and order a load of stuff and go upstairs to get changed. I didn't dress up too much as it's only family here. Soon enough, I heard a knock on the door as Charlie answered. That's weird. Everyone arrived at once.

As I came down the staircase, Victoria gave me a smirk as she knew exactly what was going on. Everyone got sat down in the lounge and got comfy.

"Drinks anyone? Beer?" Charlie offered causing a 'yes' from most people.

"Em?" Jordi offered.

"No thanks," I replied. Jordi gave an unnerving glance but I shook it off.

After we ate the preordered pizza, Charlie and I decided it was time.

"Erm guys, we have an announcement," Charlie started as I sat on his knee.

"Well, we're having a baby," I smiled happily whilst rubbing my stomach. Silence. Nothing.

My mum finally broke that "Oh Emily darling! I'm so happy for you and Charlie," she exclaimed coming over and embracing us in a bone-crushing hug.

"I'm going to be an Uncle!" Jordi yelled and congratulated us.

"Me too!" Ollie shouted standing up and fist pumping the air.

"Ollie mate, you ain't her brother," Leo sniggered.

"Genetically no, but I've known Emily since she was like 5 and Charlie since he was 15. She's practically my sister," Ollie smiled hugging me tightly, followed by the rest of Overload.

"Aw little Charlie is growing up," Leo laughed, pinching Charlie's cheeks before he pulled away. "Only joking bro, I'm proud of you both. I'm going to be the best uncle this baby will ever have,"

"Cheers Leo," I smiled.

"Cough cough. I think you'll find I'm going to be the best uncle," Jordi said tackling Leo into a heap on the floor.

I guess my baby will have a lot of Uncles.

On the other hand, my dad got up and stormed out... Was he mad at us?

A/N hey guys, sorry for no update yesterday but hopefully I'll be updating tomorrow night so that's 2 in 2 days! I got busy as I went to see 5SOS in Manchester so I couldn't write for yesterday's update. So sorry guys.
But anyway, I hope you liked this chapter! What do you think Emily's dad is going to say? Let me know you're predictions in the comments! I promise I'll start replying to you all more often as sometimes I forget. Thank you for all the votes/comments/reads/follows!
Love ya✌🏼