Chapter 43

Mel has woken up... I need to go see her.

"Mum, you're not joking are you?" I asked. She better not be.

"No, we need to go. Jordi get dad we're going to the hospital. Now!" Mum said grabbing her handbag.

"Babe what's going on?" Charlie quickly asked coming over to stand with me.

"Char, Mel has woken up. Get the twins in the car seats. We need to go to her," I said kissing him on the cheek, taking his hand and dragging him to the living room to get the twins. We were getting good at this.

"Darling, I'm going to go with your mum and Jordi now. Once you're sorted, you and Charlie follow with twins," dad said before kissing my forehead and heading out the door. The Overload lads left as they felt like it was a family matter, which is right. Why is Charlie there then? You may be asking yourself this. Char is family now. He's mum and dad's son in law, Jordi's brother in law, my husband and Siân and Cody's dad.

"So she's definitely woken up?" Charlie asked as he took my hand and reversed out of the driveway. Within minutes, we'd arrived at the hospital. I piled the twins into the pram and we headed for the children's ward.

"Char, please stay out here. I want to see her first then I'll let you bring in Siân and Cody,"

"Okay Em," he said kissing my lips before I walked in.

There she is. My five year old sister has been put through everything. Her body language shouts tired but her eyes illuminate with life.

"Emilllyyyy," she smiles, arms outstretched beckoning me forward. I gratefully receive the hug. I haven't felt her arms around me in almost a year. That's a long time to go without feeling your sister's hugs. I gently kissed her forehead.

"How are you feeling Mel?" I asked as tears filled my eyes.

"Weak but mummy and daddy bought me a new Elsa doll for being so brave," she smiled. I giggled at her comment as I wiped away the tears. She is so brave. I'm so proud of her.

"Well I hope you are up for some visitors because there's two people I want you to meet," I said.

"Is it Charlie?" She asked hopefully.

"Yeah and two more," I said as I went to the door. I opened it and took Cody from the pram as Charlie copied my actions with Siân. He started crying a little so I gave him his blue dummy and rocked him a little. We walked back into Mel's room and sat next to her.

"Charlie!" She shouted excitedly. He smiled and leant forwards to kiss her forehead.

"Hey Mel,"

"Mel there's two people I want you to meet. They are your niece and nephew. Meet Siân and Cody," I introduced as I showed her how to hold Cody safely and placed him softly in her arms. She started giving him little kisses which caused him to scrunch his nose up which was cute. A thing they have both inherited from Charlie.

"He's very cute. Are they both yours?"

"They're both Emily and mine's. Siân and Cody are our children and you are their auntie. Auntie Mel," Charlie explained. We swapped Cody for Siân so she could hold both of them.

"I missed a lot whilst I was being Sleeping Beauty," oh yeah. I forgot that, as Mel is so young, they're telling her that she was practising being Sleeping Beauty. It makes it all easier for her to understand. I'm so happy I have my little sister back. I thought I was going to loose her.

A/N I love love love love love love love this chapter. It was so cute and fun to write! Guys... 7 chapters remaining. That's all... Oooo... Hope you enjoyed this chapter, thank you for all the votes/comments/follows/reads. We're so close to 10K reads!
Love ya✌🏼️