Chapter Five, A Comfort

I didn't draw this.

Tom's Perspective

I awoke to feel strange but welcome surroundings. I was in what seemed like a bed, with a fairly soft and thick blanket covering my once cold body. I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed them before looking around. It seems like I'm in Paul and Patryk's shared room. It was small and cozy, but in a nice way. They even had a little television at the end of their bed so that they could watch TV together in bed. The walls have different decorations like a painting from one of them, a sword, and a few pictures of them together. It was a really nice room. I sat up to look around better and immediately felt cold hit my skin. I pulled the covers over my cold torso and relaxed once my body warmed up again. I took in the feelings of the comfortable room and breathed deeply. I liked being warm and comfy again. I heard the door open and saw that Pat was checking on me. "Oh you're up. How are you feeling Tom?" He asked and stood next to the bed. "I'm alright.. Why are you doing this though..?" I asked, doubtful that they were just doing this to be nice. I didn't feel like anybody could be nice right now.

Pat seemed surprised by the question and gently rubbed my arm. "Tom the way Tord is treating you is not okay. I don't care if Tord is my superior, you need help." He told me and I reached over to his hand, holding it. "I.. I do need help." I wasn't too prideful to admit that at this point. What I've been going through is bad, even if he hasn't beaten me or given me more scars. He might any time now, and I'm glad that I'm finally getting help. "I thought maybe Tord would lighten his aggressiveness towards you since it's been a while, but he still treats you terribly. Even if it's none of my business, I'm going to help you." The taller brunette told me with sympathy clear in his eyes. "Thanks." I said quietly and looked at the hand holding mine. "Sorry-." I said quickly and took away my hand. Pat laughed and grinned. "No need to be so shy Tom, you haven't been properly cared for in weeks. You need it." He reminded me and I nervously smiled. I was really getting vulnerable from all of this torture.

I shied away as he placed his hand on my cheek. I was really flustered from getting clingy. I hesitantly leaned into his lightly colored skin and relaxed. I slowly closed my eyes and focused on the feeling of his thumb gently stroking my cheek. "Did he do anything terrible to you..? Did he rape you?" Pat asked worriedly and I opened an eye. "He didn't touch me like that. He just threw me around a lot and forced me to do whatever he wanted. Nothing sexual though." I recalled and closed my eye once more, hoping to enjoy the feeling of comfort I was receiving. Pat sighed in relief and I blushed when his lips gently kissed my forehead. I wasn't used to receiving that type of affection from a stranger. "Well, tell me if you need anything. Me and Paul are pretty much stuck with paper duty for the day anyways." He told me and took his hand away. I looked at him and tiredly yawned. "I think I'm going to get some more sleep." I told him and laid back in the soft bed. "I'll check on you in a few minutes Tom, see you later." He said and left the room, turning down the lights for me.

I yawned once more and settled into the cushy bed. My eyes took a last glance around the room and I saw another photo that I had overlooked before, on their nightstand. I had to pick it up so that I could get a better look at it. It was a clear photo of Paul and Pat much younger than now, maybe teens. And there sat a little happy horn-haired child in Pat's lap, maybe seven. He was grinning and seemed proud of himself for having such cool parents. I felt strange seeing this. It was cute, but I also felt strange knowing that Tord was their child. And yet he was their superior. It's not that I exactly disapprove, children should have the ability to overrule their parents. It's just that I've never seen a situation quite like this before. I put the picture back and sighed, pushing away my thoughts as I settled into the bed. I shifted onto my side and tried to calm my thoughts so that I could nap once more. However, I did not get the opportunity to sleep. I heard a commotion outside, which sounded like Tord fighting with Paul and Patryk.

I slowly got up and peaked my head out, seeing Tord angrily arguing with Pat. I could tell that the air was getting tenser by the minute, until the sound of a smack could be heard. The mood shifted into an uncomfortable silence, with Tord holding his now red cheek. Pat's expression shifted from angry to guilty and he took a step forward, but quickly got pushed back onto Paul. "Do whatever the fuck you want." Tord hissed with tears collecting in his eyes. He quickly left the room, leaving Pat with his hands on his face. Paul gently coaxed the smaller man into sitting down and let Pat cry on his shoulder. My mind took a moment to process what had just unfolded. They were fighting over me probably, and Pat had smacked his child. Of course Tord got hurt and left, and now Pat feels extremely guilty and is crying. I quietly approached them and looked at Paul who was comforting Pat. I then looked at Pat and gently hugged him. Pat barely bothered to check who I was, probably assuming that I was the only other one who could be here.

He hugged me tightly and tried to calm his crying. "Hey.. It's okay Pat. He's okay too." I reassured him and slowly rubbed his back. He sniffled and looked at me. I gently wiped away his tears and smiled reassuringly. "It's okay, see?" My attitude has really changed since being taken and hurt. But I was still angry at Tord, and even more-so now. Pat let go of me and snuggled up to his boyfriend. I smiled at the sight. Paul held the vulnerable man and gave him little kisses. Pat giggled and returned the kisses. I'm glad he's feeling better, for now. Now that I'm thinking about it, why hasn't my collar zapped me at all today? I would think he'd at least try since I'm disobeying. I felt around for my collar and realized that it wasn't on. Pat must have removed it while I slept. He's doing a lot for me, isn't he? I wish I could do something for him back. "Do you guys have a guitar?" I asked and Pat turned to look at me. "Actually yeah, I used to play when I was a teen. I still strum it sometimes.. Why?" He asked curiously and I grinned. "I wanna play something for you." I told him and he got out of Paul's arms. "I'll go get it then, I'm interested." He said and left to the bedroom.

I waited patiently with Paul, who seemed content. Pat came back a few moments later with a nice, dark blue guitar. It was pretty, and old. I held the matured guitar in my hands and felt the strings. They were still good, and felt nice to touch. It wasn't Susan, but it would do. I began tuning it to my specifications and both of the men watched curiously. Once I got the guitar set up the way I liked, I strummed the strings to test it out. "This is a nice guitar." I commented and got into a better position to play. I thought about what song to play, but then again I don't know too many songs. ".. Want me to play a song I like as a kid?" I asked and looked up at the couple who were holding hands. "Sure." Pat said and smiled politely. "It's kinda stupid but I like it." I said a bit shyly before positioning my hands. I began playing the tune of "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows".

This cover is what I picked for his guitar to be playing.

It's a pretty silly happy song, but I enjoy it. I remember listening to it on the radio whenever I could. I sang the lyrics quietly, feeling embarrassed because of how cutesy the song is. They seemed to enjoy my singing though. "And love is here to stayyy..." I got quiet at the end and they both cheered. "So cute." Pat said and I blushed. "Thanks.." I smiled. "I agree, that was very cute." Paul said and I grinned. "I can accept that." I said proudly and both of them laughed. I laughed as well, my grin wider.