Chapter Thirty-Four, Faster Than Life

Tord's Perspective

The following week of Tom constantly complaining as I tugged him along in the hall might have been enough for me to follow through with my threats, if not for the hilarity that I had forced Tom to wear. A small black cat thong, with a matching black collar that had a bell. The cherry on top was the long black cat themed gloves and black cat thigh-highs, not to mention the cat tail and clip-on ears . He looked absolutely ridiculous, and it made my day. As I woke up in the morning, I saw Tom uncomfortably curled up on the edge of my bed like I always made him. He was sleeping and twitching, looking as peaceful as a sleeping kitten. I stared at the sight and held back laughter. I'll never get used to this, which makes it even more amazing. I don't think I can stress how much I adored the outfit on him, it's just too hilarious. Especially with how cutely plump his little body is.

I reached over and slowly ran my hand down his back, petting him until he began to wake up. He stretched and looked around before noticing that I was awake. As he opened his mouth to speak, I shushed him. "Remember, no speaking. Only meowing, little tomcat." I said with a grin. I was loving it, and that just made him even more pissed than he would be otherwise. He simply glared at me and got off of the bed, staying on all fours like I require. "Good kitty~ let's go get some breakfast, hm?" I talked to him as if he was an animal and he perked up. Food was definitely the highlight of his day. "Meow." He said with added sass, showing that he wasn't unhappy or happy with the thought. He was still pissed, but getting used to the role as he was made to crawl on the ground. "My knees hurt-." He complained and I lightly kicked his side. "I mean- meow- fuck you-." He tiredly grumbled and I patted his head. "Good kitty." I said with a grin. This is utterly amazing.

I sat down in my office and hit the button labeled "meal" which basically just indicated to the chefs that I was up and hungry. I sat down and looked at Tom who had found a comfortable spot on my rug, sitting up and staring at me with distain. He's almost too much like a cat. "Well come on, in my lap." I ordered him and he glared at me. "Fuck no. Meow." He added and stayed put. I snorted at the ridiculous situation and pushed my chair back, making my lap visible. "Come on kitty~ come here." I beckoned him and he stared defiantly at me. "Listen tomcat, either get in my lap or you don't get any food today." I threatened and he angrily growled. He slinked over with clear hatred of life itself, pulling himself up onto my lap. "Good kitty~ such a good boy." I mocked him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He got semi-comfortable and muttered purely hateful things under his breath. "Don't be such a downer Thomas~ after this I'll let you walk on your own two legs." I told him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Hm~ you smell so good, I bet you've been using my favorite scent of shampoo on purpose." I teased and smelled his hair. It really did smell nice, like a grove full of peach trees. "Hey Thomas, on a scale of purr to hiss, how much do you hate this experience?" I asked half-seriously and stared up at the male. He stared back at me and rolled his digital eyes. "Hissssss." He said and I chuckled. This just tickles me so much. "How about a scale of one to six? Use your little paws." I asked and he held up a four. That's surprising, but then again, there are much worse things that I could be doing to him. "Good kitty, such a good kitty~ you deserve a treat." I said and opened up one of my drawers, pulling out a small box of candy. I set the box on my desk and opened it, taking a hand full. "Open your mouth kitten." I ordered and watched as he opened his mouth a bit. I popped one of the candies into his mouth and watched as he happily chewed on it. He really does love sweets.

I fed him the rest with the same result, and then put away the box. "Y'know kitten, I've been thinking about family a lot recently." I told him and slowly pet his soft hair. I sort of liked having Thomas in this soft and tame state, because it lets me open up to him as if I'm talking to just a pet. "Meow." He responded and swatted at my hand in an attempt to stop me. "I've been wondering, have you ever wanted a family? You're just a stupid little kitty, but sometimes I wonder." I spoke calmly and watched him turn around, swatting at my face and playing with me a bit. He actually looked like he was having fun. A straight white boy in all of his degrading clothing is having fun playing with me like a cat. One who utterly despises me and wants me to die alone. "I think that today, I'll finally let you become an officer." I told him and he stopped lightly smacking my face. He stared at me confused before sighing in relief. "Really? Thank god." He said before I patted his head. "You've suffered enough for my satisfaction." I said and sat up.

My radio began to go off like crazy, so I answered it immediately. "What is it? Report." I said and heard a panicked voice on the other end. "Tord for fucks sake the base is being attacked! Why haven't you answered at all?!" A tired Pat yelled angrily into the radio. I quickly shoved Tom off of my lap and initiated Drill 5. I can't believe I had gotten so distracted by Thomas. "What- what's going on-?" Tom asked and got up, very tense and concerned. "We're under attack. You come with me, now." I sternly instructed him and grabbed his wrist, running through the halls with him walking behind me. My assigned guards followed as well, one of them breaking off to help defend against an ambush nearby. I listened to my radio for anymore information, getting another chance to talk to Pat finally. "Paul and I were having breakfast together when the enemy struck, and now we're being pushed back by a bunch of guys with AK-47's. I think that- PAUL-!" The channel cut off and I froze, letting go of Tom.

"Keep running, I'm going to help fight." I told him with my heart racing. He stared at me and shook his head. "You're a fool, but don't die before I can kill you." He said in a strangely protective way. He then ran off with the rest of the staff, mostly comprised of scientists and newbies who weren't trained enough to handle the situation. I ran at a top speed no man could accomplish, racing through the halls towards the cafeteria. I yanked out my gun from its holster and burst in, my eyes scanning as much of the situation as possible in the seconds I wasn't being aimed at. I locked onto my parents who were behind the other soldiers, where Paul was bleeding heavily. I winced as the first bullet dug into my shoulder, but continued on as I bounded towards them. I changed forms as more bullets sped into my skin at dangerous speeds, until I was a large demonic creature. I curled around my parents protectively and ordered the remaining soldiers to clear.

Before the attackers could spray anymore bullets, I raised a clawed hand and slashed through their bodies, either cutting them into pieces or tossing their broken bodies across the room. My demon form was indescribably terrifying, and it made even my own parents mortified. I bent down and cooed at them, smiling warmly. Patryk attempted a smile and yelped as I picked both of them up in a single hand. I raced through the building at inhumane speeds and set both of them down near the bunker. I could hear some soldiers cheering about "Red Death" being unleashed and that they were saved. I couldn't sustain control over this form forever, I would soon die because of the extreme contortions my body went through to be this way. However, I powered through the unbearable pain and practically slithered through the army base, devouring any enemies that came within my sight. The taste of flesh and bones sustained my dying body as I swept the base, killing anything and everything. If it didn't look or act like part of my army, I slaughtered it. My vision began to haze as a devilish fever set on my soul. I would soon lose control or die, and neither was ideal. In my last moments of consciousness I raced out of the building, blood pouring out of every bit of my body. My life felt like it ended at that moment. My last moment was of me dying and broken in the hands of my loving father.