Chapter Forty-Four, Cherishing the Moment

Tord's Perspective

The next morning, Pat stated with me in their room and gave me as much love and affection as possible. He had permission to go off of his shift for me because of Thomas, which was nice. Right now I was in Pat's lap, snuggling while the older parent. My face was buried in his pastel yellow sweater, and my arms were snuggly wrapped around his belly. I loved the calming sense my father always brought me, no matter what the situation. I internally whined when somebody knocked on the door. "I'll be back in a second Tordle." Pat cooed and set me down on the bed, going to answer the door. There stood Tom fully in uniform, looking confident with a healthy glow. "Oh! Blue Angel, what brings you here? Is there a problem with me taking time off of my shift?" Pat asked and allowed him to come in. "No, I just wanted to spend some time with your son." He stated and approached me. I grumpily buried my face in a pillow and tried to move away from him.

His warm hand slowly ran across my back before gently rubbing it. "If you give me a chance, I'll make it worthwhile." He told me in an attempt to coax me out of my shell. "I'll even treat you like my mate, if that's what you want." He added and I felt a strange bubbling sensation in my chest. I was unsure and confused. "I know it's very hard for you right now, but I'm trying to help you Tord." He told me while rubbing my back soothingly. I loved having my back rubbed just as much as Thomas did. I looked up at him unsurely and squirmed as he pulled me into a hug. "I'll be here for you, okay? I'll protect you from all the bad things." He talked to me like a baby and held me close. I sneered and looked away, clearly pissed that he talked to me in this demeaning fashion. I was okay with my parents doing it, but not Thomas. Yet the other desperate part of me enjoyed it and urged me to let Tom care for me. I continued to stare up at him and rested my head on his neck, thinking it was at least worth a shot.

He softly cooed in my ear and picked me up carefully. "If you can stand, I'd love to go on a date with you. As your er.. faux mate." He told me and I lightly blushed as he set me down. "A date..? Us?" I curiously asked and he smiled softly at me. He looked as if he pitied me, but I didn't really mind. "Of course Tord. I want you to settle into this new lifestyle, okay? And I'll do anything to help you get comfortable." He told me and I weakly smiled. It still crushed me to be a simple worthless human, but I could handle it if I was being cared for. "Come on, let's go." He prompted and gently guided me out into the hall. Pat waved goodbye to me and I nervously smiled, letting Tom caress my hand in his own. "You're so dramatic." Tom commented with a grin. I glared at him defiantly and rolled my eyes. He chuckled and brought me into the kitchen where many of the staff were cooking up a fabulous early lunch. "Oh Blue Angel! We have what you requested sir, please do enjoy it." One of the helpers said. She was a young teenage pink-haired girl with brilliant blue eyes that lit up with dreams. She held out a small picnic basket and Thomas gratefully accepted it, giving her a pleasant smile and thanking her.

"A picnic basket?" I questioned and he shrugged. "I found a place I thought you'd like to hang out at for a date." He explained and began walking off. I quickly followed him and smiled slightly when he wrapped his arm around me, resting his roughened hand on my hip. "It's okay to be weak, you know that right?" He checked and I sighed, simply nodding in response. "It's not like I have a choice." I grumbled and heard Tom whine. "Don't think of it as a hassle, think of it as an exciting new way to live. A new way to love." He attempted to cheer me up and I simply looked away. "Oh don't be like that... Just try to enjoy the date at least? For me?" He pleaded and I sighed as he brought me into the forest. I heard the familiar call of Gygjar as she curiously peered over the trees, looking for her son and her master. Tom stopped in a flowery clearing and sat down, opening the basket and spreading out a large cloth that had come from it. I sat down on the dark blue cloth and tried to get comfortable as I watched Thomas.