Chapter Sixty-Eight, Don't Leave

Tom's Perspective

After a while of sitting and waiting for my beloved to awaken, I was starting to let intrusive thoughts into my head. What if he can never have kids again? I know that the doctors told me he would be alright and would heal over nicely, but I'm still worried. Would he even ever want kids after what happened? It seemed like a very traumatizing experience, and I don't even know why he did it yet. I was interrupted by the sight of Tord's eyes fluttering open. He blinked repeatedly and wiped his wet eyes before noticing me. His docile expression saddened as his memories ran through his mind. I held his hand tightly and began soothing him, because I knew he was going to cry. His face scrunched up as reality hit him like a truck. He started to weep quietly and shook as I held him in my arms. "It's alright sweetheart.. It's okay..." i whispered as the Norwegian began to sob sorrowfully.

I sighed and slowly rubbed his back, allowing him to mourn over his actions. "It's okay my sweet little demon.. I'm not angry, no one's angry at you... Everything's alright.." I assured him and slowly rocked the crying demon-turned-human in my arms. It was a bit awkward because he was taller than me, but he still clung to me the same as a small child would. I kissed his forehead and listened to his crying thin out after a minute or so. He was still clearly upset, but was trying to keep his mind off of it. I took the opportunity to get out a small box from my pocket. He curiously stared at it as he evened his breath. I placed it in his hands and smiled warmly. "Open it Tord." I told him and he looked up at me, still shaking and sniffling. His eyes looked more human than I'd ever seen them before. Full of sorrow and regret and emotion. I kept my smile though it was hard, to help him calm down. He hesitantly opened the box with trembling hands and sniffled, wiping his eyes. He stared at the inside of the box for a moment and looked up at me. He looked confused and offset, probably because he didn't quite understand the concept.

Still, he took out the shining rings and held them in his quivering hands. I watched with a tight throat as he read the inside of the box and examined the rings thoroughly. "Promise rings?" He asked with a dry voice and I nodded, holding his free hand. "I'm sure neither of us are to the point of marriage at all, but I got us these rings as a promise to keep us together. They're linked together right now, but let me show you something." I said before taking the connected rings from his hand, slowly disconnecting them using a groove in the metal that went back in place. They were almost like key rings, I suppose. But much more fancy and meaningful. I placed the blazing red ring in his hand and put on my own cool blue ring. He confidently put on the ring and smiled slightly. "You're so sweet Thomas. It's corny, but I still appreciate it." He said with that beautiful spark in his eyes that set the world on fire. My heart melted slightly at the sight and I hugged him tightly. "I love you Tord." I spoke with care. His arms slowly coiled around me and he buried his wet face in my neck.

"I love you too, you blubbering buffoon." He mumbled. I could feel his sunny smile on my neck. I chuckled and slowly rubbed his back. He's so adorable and harmless now, it's so hard to take him seriously. "Why did you mention getting married? You'd marry me?" He asked in a very unconfident voice. I made him look at me and placed my ringed hand on his cheek. "Of course I would marry you Tord, when the time is right of course." I told him and his face lit up. He looked so genuinely happy. Now I'd feel bad if I scared him with a kiss. I pulled his head closer and kissed his nose. "Can I give you a kiss?" I asked and he moved closer, closing his eyes. "Yes please." He whispered and leaned in slightly. He looked so vulnerable like this. I inched closer to his face and gently kissed him, running my hand up into his hair. I pulled away after a short kiss and watched his eyes open to look at me. His beautiful silvery eyes.

"Tord, I love you. I love you more than anything." I spoke softly and held his hands. He smiled and squeezed my hands in return. "I love you too Thomas. Min lille beist." He cooed lovingly and placed a kiss on my nose. I playfully pinned him down on the bed and placed loving kisses all over his face. "Your accent is kinda sexy, I'll admit it." I spoke with lightly dusted red cheeks. He grinned and narrowed his eyes flirtatiously. "Oh yeah min kjærlighet? You like it when I speak in my familiar tongue? Am I "exotic"?" He said with a snicker. I rolled my eyes and rubbed his fidgeting hand. "Don't push it Commie." I threatened and showered him in more kisses. He laughed and wrapped his arms around my neck. "Oh Tom- I love you so much. And thank you for the ring, really. It was a sweet gesture." He spoke with a loving gaze. I kissed his nose and hummed contently. "Good, I'm glad you like them. I was thinking maybe they weren't fancy enough." I admitted and he shook his head.

"You silly man, this is way more than enough. Just your love is too much for me." He said and buried a hand in my hair. I bent down and lightly kissed him, listening to him purr and pull me closer. My mind felt fuzzy and warm, just like my heart. I pulled away and nuzzled his face. "My sweet little imp." I purred out and gave him more loving kisses. He closed his eyes and relaxed, loosening his grip on my hair. "Thomas.. About the baby-." "No no, I have something to tell you first." I cut in and looked at me with increasingly anxious eyes. "Listen, I might have forgotten to tell you about something important." I said seriously and his brows furrowed with worry. I placed a kiss on his forehead and comforted him. He relaxed a bit and smiled softly. "Go on." He urged and I nodded. "Well, I did find out a way for Gygjar to have kids without my genetics being tossed into an incest salad. We haven't used it yet, as we've only recently had a breakthrough with the research, but I stripped down my genetics to the bare minimum in er.. the sperm, and we can let Gygjar have kids that way. So.. Even though our kid isn't alright anymore, we can adopt one of those little fluffy kids if you're interested." I offered and Tord stared at me with emotional eyes.

He started to tear up and wiped away the gathering water. "How are you s-so okay with all of this? W-why-." He spoke with a trembling voice. I sighed and held him tightly. "Because someone needs to be strong hm..? I am sad about our child of course, but nothing that can be done about it. I'm just glad you're okay." I whispered and wiped away his tears. He cried continuously and hugged me tightly, shaking in my arms. I slowly rubbed his back and comforted him as best as I could. "I-I hate myself so much.." He whimpered and clung to my clothes tightly. I shushed him and slowly rocked his body. "Hey.. Can you breathe with me Tord?" I asked quietly and he paused his actions, wiping away his ever-flowing tears. "Yeah.. Y-Yeah.." He replied and I took a deep breath. He repeated after me and sniffled, hiding his face in my neck. I continued to rub his back and took another long breath. He repeated after a few seconds of choking.

I kept breathing deeply with him until he had collected himself. "Listen to me sweetheart, this is all going to feel better once we finally get you that therapist yeah? The one I've been trying to get you to talk to." I mentioned and he lightly hit my chest. "I'm not doing that. Stop trying to make me." He stubbornly huffed and pulled away from my grasp. I sighed and held him tightly so he couldn't close off completely. "Listen baby, I know you're afraid of therapists and psychologists and all pf those people, but they aren't bad.. They're trying to help you." I assured him. He glared at me and lightly slapped me. "Shut up-." He hissed and I internally groaned. He's so impossible sometimes. "The last time I had a therapist, she tried to put me in a mental hospital and shoved a bunch of pills on me-." He spat angrily and tried harder to get me off. I loosened my grip on him and instead held his hands. I pulled them close to me and kissed his balled-up hand. "We.. Don't have to, I just want you to feel better sweetheart. How about for now we just snuggle and I give you more kisses hm?" I suggested. He looked so genuinely angry at me, it made my heart ache.

"I don't want that anymore. Just leave me alone, I don't need you." He growled and ripped his hands out my grip. I stayed quiet and nodded, trying not to look him in the eyes. "If you want me, just call my cell babe. Your phone's on the nightstand." I told him solemnly and got up. I fixed my messy clothing and redid my tie before beginning to leave the room. I stopped at the door, because I knew better than to just leave without checking one last time. Tord was watching me with rounded eyes. We both knew he didn't want me to leave. His head recoiled slightly and he covered his eyes. I let go of the door handle and approached the shaking demon, embracing him gently. "Oh my sweet Tord.. it's okay..." I whispered and frowned when he started sobbing. "P-please don't leave me... Please..." he begged and I slowly rocked him. "I won't leave baby.. I promise. I'm here." I told him while rubbing up and down on his hospital gown type robe. He started to get sleepy in my arms after a while and ended up tempting me into his bed. Every time, God damn it. I've got the world to run, but my sweet angel comes first every time. I ended up with a sleeping Norwegian comfortably laying on top of me, with his drooling face buried in my neck. I felt quite tired as well, now that I thought about it. Maybe a little nap won't hurt...

Gotta leave it on a wholesome note as always.
Anyways it took me a while to update because I'm focusing on my new book "The Golden Gift". Don't worry, I'll keep updating and finish this book for sure.