Chapter Forty-Eight, Sleeping Ginger

Tord's Perspective

I awoke to hear more monstrous cries echo through the dungeon. Matt, seemingly still awake, gently coaxed me into closing my eyes once more. "Go back to sleep Tord, it's alright." He whispered and I tried to ignore the cries of Thomas. Once the noises stopped, I got comfortable in Matt's grip again. I listened to Matt quietly hum to me, which he did quite well. For such a bothersome voice, his hum lulled me to sleep easily.

I awoke later in a much less abrupt way, my senses fully coming to me as I opened my eyes. I could feel Matt's arms protectively wrapped around my sore body, keeping me close. The ginger was quite sweet when he wasn't narcissistic, and it showed. I stared up at the angelic sleeping beauty, smiling softly at how innocent he looked. "Thank you for keeping me warm Matt." I whispered to the sleeping man, placing an affectionate kiss on his forehead. It was a platonic gesture, of course. I might appreciate how he's changed, but he's just not my type. Besides, he's not gay either. I've already got my heart set on a different male. His expression shifted in his sleep, his lips curling into a half-smile at the feeling of a kiss. I settled back into the Brit's arms and closed my eyes, listening to the calming silence. All I could feel was Matt's heartbeat, and his chest slowly rising and falling. It was almost serene, if I wasn't acutely aware of the situation I was in.

I flinched when I heard Thomas crying. He was actually crying in his deeper monster voice, bawling even. I slowly pulled myself out of Matt's arms and slinked over to the bars, staring at the beast who was sobbing loudly. Large tears slid down from under the beast's thick eyelids as he cried pitifully. "Thomas, it's okay sweetheart. I'm here." I cooed to him, immediately grabbing his attention. He stared at me with pitiful baby eyes and desperately clawed at the air. He was all alone with mysterious drugs being constantly forced into his system as he was studied in a cage. Of course he was upset. I frowned at the sad sight and sighed, trying to think of a way to comfort the distressed creature. Then, a huge realization hit me like a hammer. "Listen to me Thomas, you have my blood now. You can shape-shift. Try to relax your wrists, and you should be able to pull them out." I instructed him and watched as his expression went from upset to surprised.

He slowly pulled out his clawed hands from the iron cuffs and dismantled the needle collar on his neck, finally free. He quickly moved to bust out, ramming his body into the metal. Of course, it didn't budge at all. He may be strong in this state, but the cell was heavily reinforced. "Now relax your body ad much as possible, and you can slip right on through. Just push gently and relax." I told him excitedly and watched as he followed my instructions perfectly. His body melted into a semi-liquid as he pressed against the bars, sliding through without a problem. Of course this action had small consequences if you were a half-ling like me, but he's not. He's a third demon, a third beast that's related to demons, and a third human. His body could take the new powers much easier than I could. Once he was outside of his cage, he turned back into a solid creature and walked over on all fours. He affectionately pressed his face against the bars, purring loudly at the sight and smell of me.

I smiled warmly and pet the sweet beast, chuckling as he licked me through the bars. The beast slashed the iron bars in front of his large claws, opening up a hole for me to take advantage of. By now, Matt was awake and slinking over tiredly. "Wh- h-how did Tom get out?" He asked confusedly and I held the purring beast close. "He used my demonic blood." I informed the confused ginger, who only seemed more confused by my explanation. "Thomas, we need to act quick before they realize you're out. Please, use your new power to bring us up safely." I requested and he tilted his head. "Right, right. Okay, first, close your eyes and open up your soul. Think about something that makes you feel pure euphoria, that opens up your mind completely. That will open up your third eye. Then, think of us and where you're teleporting. Your magic should do the rest." I instructed and tensed when Matt sleepily snuggled up to me. I tried to relax and wrapped my arm around him, supporting his sleepy body as he got comfortable.