Chapter Seventy-One, Panic and Fevers

Tom's Perspective

I sat at the dining table with everyone including Tord's parents, who were having a comical conversation about how Tord never uses protection because he's a virgin and his hand can't get pregnant. I was just enjoying the meal, it was satisfying to taste and see how good of a meal I had made. It was unusual for us to make such a fancy meal, or even have the ingredients for one, but it seemed Edd was prepared for our guests and had bought all of this. After finishing my meal, Matt brought me out to the car like he had promised and let me listen to music in the back. I was very happy that Matt was treating me like this, taking me out and helping with lunch. It made me happy, which was a strange feeling to me. Especially during this time period. Once the car stopped, I looked around and noticed that we were at the park. Oh, how bland. I slumped in my seat and huffed, losing my glow. "Oh don't be like that Tom, taking a walk can be nice. And I'll take you shopping afterwards if you want." Matt offered as a bribe to sweeten the deal.

I crossed my arms and glared at the well-intended ginger. "Only if you bring me to a candy store. And grocery shopping. And.. Hmmm... Shopping for stress toys." I said stubbornly. Matt smiled and got out, opening up my door. "Of course, we can do whatever you want Tom." Matt told me and helped me out of the car. "Right after this walk okay?" He reminded me and I nodded, following behind him as he walked through the park at a slow pace. He was just enjoying being in the park, I guess. I smiled softly as he hummed and looked back at me with his beautiful hazel eyes. "Wanna hold hands?" He offered and held out his baby smooth hand to me. I hesitantly took his hand into mine and leaned on his shoulder. It wasn't too bad, being outside. Usually I hated it with a burning passion, but today it was just meh. I think the narcissistic ginger holding my sweaty hand was helping to calm my nerves.

"...Matt. I feel so off today. And yesterday night. I can't remember. My brain is so fuzzy. I have this pulsing headache hovering over my head. It's all so.. Off." I mumbled and Matt gently rubbed my hand. "Yeah, I can tell. You're usually not this clingy, you must be really scared." He pointed out and I nodded. "I can't remember anything. What happened this morning? Why are we even here..?" I asked quietly and stopped after Matt stopped. He took both of my hands into his and stared into my blank eyes with deep concern. "Tom, what's the last thing you remember? What do you remember at all?" He asked and held my hands tightly. I nervously sighed and looked at the ground. "I dunno... Like, milk, and Tord, some medicine I've never seen before... So... Sleepy... And.. Edd..? I don't know.." i muttered, seemingly disoriented. My brain was spinning. My world was spinning. I almost felt nauseous. I could feel my body temperature rising. My skin was so sweaty, sticky.. I started to shake and shook my head, hugging Matt tightly for some form or security. Matt gently rocked me and tried to guide me into taking deep breaths.

"It's okay to be scared Tom.. You've been having so many issues lately. It's okay, you're safe." He told me and I nodded, starting to breathe as he guided me. "Let's get you home and you can sit down hm? Just relax." He suggested and I nodded once more, allowing him to guide my sleepy and sticky body home. Once we finally did arrive after many stumbles and some delusional occurrences, Matt ignored the others and helped me lay down in bed. "Let's get that sweatshirt off of you, you're drenched." Matt said as he helped me wriggle off my old blue sweatshirt. I still felt very hot, I was sweating and panting. "Maybe you're sick..? But it was so sudden, I don't see how you could be." He remarked and made me drink a glass of water. He then guided me through calmer breathing once more and checked my temperature. "Oh my.. You're still very hot. Just let me take care of you." He said and retrieved a cold rag for me. He carefully folded it and pressed it against my burning forehead, giving me a sense of momentary relief.

"Gh... Thanks Matt..." I mumbled sleepily as he turned off the lights. Only the window's gentle curtained light was peeking through. Matt pulled over my black plastic swivel chair from my old wooden desk and sat down, watching over me as I got very sleepy. "Sleep well Tom... Just relax and you'll feel better afterwards." He assured me and remoistened the rag on my forehead so it was cold. I enjoyed the relief and tried my best to rest my head, despite being so painfully warm and suffering from a headache. Matt slowly rubbed my arm, which soothed me as I desperately grasped for a bit of rest to pull me in. Sleep was fickle, sometimes enveloping me hungrily, other times tiptoeing just out of reach. This time, it finally gave in and allowed me to take a moment of rest, which evolved into a very long, deep slumber.

I awoke in a different place, holding my beloved and deeply scarred boyfriend in my arms. He was still asleep, quaking in my arms as he rested. I slowly rubbed his back and held his hand. "It's okay my love... I'm here." I whispered and watched as his body slowly relaxed. His expression turned from fear and anxiety to a mix of peace and joy. I watched him sleep for a while longer before his beautiful eyes began their trance on me once more. We gazed at each other desperately, as if we both knew the world was too much for our souls. "P-Please don't leave me..." He whispered and hid his head in my messy shirt. I slowly rubbed his back once more in an attempt to soothe him and listened to him cry. "You're so stressed Tord.. I've never seen you so scared before." I whispered and sat up, bringing him with me. He continued to cling to me like a desperate child and shook more. "Please don't leave me alone.." He wept and I coaxed him into looking at me.

"I'm not going to leave you hon. We can go together everywhere if you want." I told him calmly as more shaky tears made their way down his face. "Only after you are healed and mentally okay though. For now let's work on it together hm?" I said quietly and watched his expression for any changes. He seemed to be so upset, desperate for me to never leave his side. He needed somebody to care for him. "How about.. in the meantime, Paul and Pat take care of you hm? That way you won't be lonely, and it'll be just like I'm here." I suggested, again watching for a change. Just anything showing me he's okay. "... Okay..." He whispered and looked down at the thrown about sheets on the bed. A few little droplets audibly hit the linen before it got very quiet. "I um... I had a dream like before..." I told him in a gentle tone. He still didn't look at me but nodded. "Did you make it, like last time?" I asked and he nodded again. He still didn't want to speak.

"Why do you make these dreams for me hun?" I asked and managed to catch his eyes' attention. He sniffled and rubbed his face. "I just... Don't want you to ever wake up... i want you to stay forever there. But.. every time, something makes me too scared. I always end it..." He explained in a shaky and scared voice. I slowly rocked him in my arms and kissed his forehead. "You don't need to be in another world with me to be happy Tord, we can be happy right here." I told him and heard him take a deep breath. "You're right.." he mumbled and looked up at me. He was trying his best to calm down, I could tell he felt guilty by the way he wouldn't look me in the eyes. "Now.. I'll go get your parents, and you three can have a fun time together while I work. Is that okay?" I asked just to see if he would be stressed over the idea. He nodded and sniffled, wiping away leftover trails of sadness on his face. I smiled warmly and cupped his cheek, rubbing the soft skin with my thumb.

"I'm not sure how we ended up this way, and it probably will be picked apart by many many psychologists, but I'm happy being with you Tord. And I love you." I said confidently, also trying to cheer him up while speaking my mind. His face brightened as a small smile made its way onto his beautiful face. "I love you too Tom." He replied quietly, still smiling sweetly. I gave him a small kiss and got out of his bed, helping him to lay down comfortably. "You stay here and rest hm? I don't want your body to be in pain any longer than it has to be." I said out of love. He nodded sleepily and hummed as he was tucked in neatly. "I'll visit you tonight my love." I told him as I was opening up the curtains to let in light. He sleepily yawned and laid on his side, getting comfortable. "I'm gonna take a nap.." He mumbled as I walked by. "Then sleep well my love, I'll tell your parents to come in later."  I told him and watched his eyes close. He lightly hugged his pillow and got comfortable, ending up laying on his belly. I closed the door after a moment more of looking at my distressed partner. I'm glad he was happy for now.