Chapter Eighteen, Jailbreak

Tom's Perspective

After what seemed like hours of arguing, Tord dismissed the doctor and angrily glared at me as the door slid shut. "Whatcha gonna do, punish me?" I said sarcastically and glared back. "Yeah, run. I'm tired of you testing your limits. I'm giving you fifteen seconds." He said with a chilling sense of seriousness, pulling out his handgun. I stared at the gun and back at his face, stunned and concerned. Well, this isn't good. I quickly yanked on a shirt and ran past him out of the room, trying to get as much distance between me and the psycho as possible. Before long, I heard a threateningly fast pair of boots race behind me, getting closer by the second. As my heart began to race and my adrenaline kicked in, I tried my hardest to run faster. Tord's definitely in better shape then me, he's in the fucking army. "You can't run forever Thomas! I'll eat you alive!" He yelled loudly, the threat only making it seem more like a predator and prey situation.

Two feet suddenly turned into four limbs, and I could hear his heavy breath behind me. It was getting deeper and more intimidating as he got closer. So he's playing that game, eh? Well it takes two to tango, and I can dance to the death if I have to. I gave up running on two feet and leapt onto for limbs as I changed into a half human monster. I could practically feel Tord's hot breath sweep across the hall behind me. Soldiers in the path immediately pressed against the walls with wide eyes as two not so human people sped through the halls, nails and claws harshly scraping against the tile floor. "I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL DESTROY YOUR BODY AND CONSUME YOU!" A demonic voice boomed behind me as I threw myself out of the doors to the outside. I was afraid to look behind me and see whatever that voice belonged to. I raced across the grass at the best speed I could manage, but I couldn't run like this for much longer. Unlike the unearthly beast behind me, I need to breathe and rest.

Soon I tripped over a rock that I hadn't spotted, tumbling forward and onto my back. That's when I got to witness the disturbing creature Tord had changed into. I never knew what I demon might look like, whether it be a goat man or a stupid red figure with horns and a trident. However, I didn't get much time to look at it before I was ripped out of my reality. "Tom- Tom wake up!" A familiar Norwegian voice said as I entered my somewhat human body. I was being shaken awake by Tord. I opened my eyes quickly and panted, still in shock. "Hey- hey it's okay- you were having a nightmare, and you started tearing at the blankets." He told me and helped me relax, gently rubbing my arm. I sighed in relief and pulled him into a hug. Thank god he isn't that terrifying beast. He doesn't want to tear my body apart. I relaxed more as Tord hugged me back, holding me comfortingly. "Must of been a bad nightmare, hm?" He said and held me tighter.

I simply nodded and rested my head on the Norski's shoulder. "It's alright now Tom, nothing bad is going to happen." He reassured me and rubbed my bare back. I leaned onto him and smiled slightly. It's nice that he's so worried about me all of the sudden. It's definitely a change from before, where he tortured me without caring. "Tord.. Please, tell me what you're like as a demon." I requested and pulled away from him. He stared at me nervously and looked away. "I don't really wish to talk about it.. It's bad enough that being a half demon dramatically changes my thoughts and feelings." He said, looking sad and guilty. That made me wonder what he would be like if he wasn't a partial demon, so I just had to ask. "Well.. What are you without your demon influence?" I asked and Tord laid next to me, stuffing his hands into his large red pocket.

He seemed to not quite know the question himself. "I have no idea... I've always been a demon. Nobody looks at me and thinks of me as an innocent soul. So figuratively and literally, I'm always just a demon. I don't think I'm anything else at this point..." He said with a heavy heart, looking away from me. From what I could tell, he was just a smart guy who likes hentai a bit too much. Well, and he's a sociopath and psychopath combined. I don't know how much of that is from him being a demon, but I knew him as something other than a demon. Edd would probably be able to think of more, but now he sees Tord as nothing more than a demon either. Why don't I? I guess I just feel bad for the guy. I keep forgetting how terrible he is. I can't think of that, knowing maybe it isn't his fault that he kills. Only maybe. My subconscious still says that he kills by choice. "Well.. I'm really tired, and it's getting very late. I'll.. Talk to you tomorrow, hm?" He said before turning off the lights.

I simply nodded and turned onto my side, facing away from the halfling. I felt him get back into bed and silently pulled up the sheets. I'm not even tired, but maybe this would give me time to think. Or maybe, Edd and Matt are following through the first phase of the plan tonight. God I hope so, I'll be out of here for good. I can't stand all of these confusing situations with Tord. I laid in the silence alone with my thoughts, aside from feeling the mattress slightly shift with Tord's shallow breathing. He's real heavy compared to me, a good 90+ kilograms if I had to guess. It's mostly muscle though, and he loved flaunting it. After many thoughts about everything that's been going on, I heard a tap. I looked around for the source of the noise, hearing it repeatedly. I found the source to be Matt tapping his fingernail on the window. Honestly, how stupid is this base to build the leader's bedroom right on the edge?

I ever so slowly got out of the bed as to not rouse Tord, putting the black sweatshirt back on me so that I wouldn't be cold in the night air. I quietly walked over to the window and unlatched the window, smiling at the sight of Matt. He helped me up and out of the window, carefully closing the glass window behind me. "Come on, there's a car right outside of this fence. Follow me." The familiar ginger whispered and sneakily lead me to a small opening in the fence, broken with wire cutters. I'm surprised there aren't cameras out here. That's really stupid. Matt pushed himself through the opening and helped me squeeze through. We then ran out to a jeep that was waiting behind some shrubbery, completely out of sight to the Red Army soldiers. I smiled at Edd who was in the front and hugged him, getting in the passenger seat. "Oh my God- I missed you so much Tom! I'm so glad you're okay!" Edd whisper-yelled and hugged me tightly.

I happily hugged the brunette back and rested my head on his shoulder. "I missed you too Edd, I missed everything." I whispered back and relaxed into the warm embrace. "Now- we have to go before we get caught!" Edd whispered and quickly pulled away from me. I buckled myself and glanced back at Matt who was attempting to check his reflection in the dark. I snickered at the sight, but it warmed my heart. I missed these guys. Edd began driving off as quietly as possible, eventually arriving at a small town outside of London. By then, Matt was fast asleep in the back, snuggled up under a thick blanket he had kept in the back. Once we stopped at a small house, I helped Edd carry in the sleeping beauty. This was my plan, at least the first part. We're moved into a small anonymous town near London where we can camp out under the radar, hiding from Tord. There was also a large basement that acted as a second house underneath it, but it couldn't be accessed unless you could find the very hidden trapdoor outside of the house.

Now we could live out our lives here, away from the Red Army and away from Tord for good. I tucked in the sleeping ginger and stared at the young man with a smile. Something stirred in me like a built up longing for affection, and now I felt safe enough to let it out. I bent down and gently kissed his forehead. "We're safe now Matt, I promise.. We'll never be in danger again." I whispered and sat on the edge of his bed. It felt so amazing to be back with my friends. After watching Matt peacefully slumber for a few more moments, I went into the living room where Edd was unloading some boxes from the car into the living room. I helped him with a smile, getting a bright smile in return. "Wow Tom, you're so happy. It's so nice to see you smile!" Edd remarked as he set down another box. I set mine down next to him and stood up, staring into the welcoming brown eyes. I moved closed to Edd and gently intertwined our fingers. "I love smiling Edd. I love being back and seeing all three of us together again. I'm so happy that I could cry." I told him with a warm smile. I don't think that I could feel any happier without my heart bursting. "Ohh, come here! I missed you!" He said before tightly hugging me, gripping my stolen sweatshirt as if I would drift away if he let go. I held the joyful boy in my arms and sighed contently. I have never felt more at home, in a place I've never been in before.