Chapter Fifty-Seven, Cupid's Shelled Friend

Tom's Perspective

I was shaken awake by the Norwegian caring for me and groaned, stretching as he let go of me. "Come on kitten, we've landed. Now we can go to that meeting your little secretary is going on and on about." He said and helped me out of bed. He tossed me my coat and walked off, taking his own away from me when I wasn't aware of it. I messily pulled on my coat and looked in a mirror before getting off of the plane. I glanced around to take in the surroundings, seeing that we were in a standard airport. "Come on Blue Angel, let's get to the car." Tord called out to me and I looked towards his voice. He was near the building with a soldier standing at attention beside him. I walked over calmly and stared up at the mischievous imp who had a quite nefarious grin. "Come on babe, let's get you to your meeting." He said eagerly and dragged me through the airport with the soldier looking for any signs of a threat.

Once we arrived at the car, Tord opened the door for me as a curtesy. I got in and Tord followed, sitting close beside me. His hand slid down my thigh and slowly rubbed his thumb in circles. I watched his hand and placed my own on his, smiling as he interlocked our fingers. "I love you babe." He hummed and leaned against me. My lips naturally curled into a smile and I closed my eyes. "Are you going to sleep sweetheart?" He asked and I shook my head. "Just resting, love." I responded and sighed contently. Tord rubbed my hand and hummed quietly to himself. It was a peaceful ride, and I was avoiding thinking of the event coming up. It was mundane compared to even my usual paperwork, nothing more than formalities and attempting fruitlessly at peace. They will always hate me and rebel in their hearts, so why must I try? It's a ridiculous endeavor, like sending me on a wild goose chase. I'll never get what they want me to, to keep up my image. I have no image, except one of a murderer and a form of Hitler in their eyes. At least I'm not sending them off into camps to die, shouldn't they see that?

People are blind, and I know better. Tord couldn't even have a vision so grand. "Thomas, do you remember what day it is?" The Norwegian asked me in a quiet voice, seemingly growing tired. "Ah, it's... Monday?" I responded and opened my eyes to look at the sleepy demon. "No, no, what's special about today Thomas? Think." He urged me and I sighed. I didn't want to strain whatever is left of my brain for this. What's so special about February fourteenth? I feel like I'm forgetting something very obvious. "... I'll phone a friend." I responded as a workaround. He stared at me expectantly to watch me call somebody. I pulled out my dark navy blue phone and called Edd, who was much better at keeping dates and holidays in mind. He was always a little festive, after all. "Oh hey Blue Leader! Calling to check in already?" Edd asked and I sighed, glaring at the pesky being listening in with narrowed eyes like a cat.

"Well, no, I actually wanted to know what's so special about today." I responded and flicked the bothersome boy staring intently. He simply hissed under his breath and stared at my phone. "... Is this a joke, or are you really tired?" Edd asked and I rubbed my face tiredly. "Well definitely the second one. Lay it on me." I said through clenched teeth. Tord was intentionally pushing me to follow through with my words. "Um.. Well, Tom, if you really don't remember, it's Valentine's Day." He responded unsure as to whether I was serious or not. God, Valentine's Day? The worst day of the year? "Uhhh, okay, well, go on with business as usual. I'll talk to you later." I told him before hanging up. Tord snickered and stared at me with a grin. "Alright, alright. What do you have planned?" I asked with clear suspicions. He placed a gentle kiss on my cheek and rubbed my hand. "Well you see kitten, it's... a surprise." He said stubbornly and I crossed my arms.

"Tell me already, damn Commie." I angrily demanded and he laughed. "Fine, fine, I'll tell you." He said and I eagerly stared at him, awaiting the news. "Tonight." He ended and I growled under my breath. "Come on min kattunge, it'll be amazing." He assured me and peppered kisses all over my face. I heeded his words and closed my eyes, letting him kiss my skin more.  Once we arrived at the government building, I got out with my "escort" helping me. I refrained from holding Tord's hand, as it might be considered unprofessional. On the loviest day of the year, I had to goto this damn meeting instead of on a date with my boyfriend. It still feels so weird to call him my boyfriend, but I sort of like it. The whole ordeal was long and boring, with people whining and complaining about restrictions that made their lives better in the end. After mind-sucking deathly amounts of negativity and mental pain, I left with a bad headache and a full head.