Chapter Fifty, The Last Hurrah

Tord's Perspective

After a long, non-stop meeting, everyone was dismissed to their own activities. Tom lead me back to his office while speaking with his assistant, mostly telling the young boy to remind him of future meetings and other responsibilities. Once we were back in Tom's blue themed office, Thomas dismissed his assistant and closed the door behind me. "So uh.. My back has still been bothering me." He reminded me and I tried to recall what he meant. Oh right, he had an insatiable itch on his lower back. "Alright, just bend over the desk." I instructed him. He stared at me suspiciously before bending over, allowing me to pull up his shirt. Ah, I see what he was thinking about. "Dude I wouldn't go in dry." I joked and he yelped when I playfully smacked his ass. I can't believe I didn't think of that before him. "Alright, let's see." I said seriously before examining his back, gently pulling down the back of his pants so I could see the situation better. It was a very odd sight, but it made me grin. He was in fact growing a demon tail. Specifically, my breed of demon's imp-like tail. There was a small stub of a growing tail on the base of his spine.

"Oh, lookie here. My demon blood is giving you a tail." I reported and Tom groaned, tiredly hitting his face on his desk. "Seriously-?! Why can't I just make it go away like my monster form-?" He groaned and I helped him get up. "Well, you can once it's fully grown. Until then, just put some itch cream or something on it." I suggested and Tom whined, rubbing his back. He got as comfortable as he could in this state and opened his arms while looking at me. "Well? Come on babe, get in my arms. I need recuperation." He beckoned. I smiled at the sight and got in his arms, settling in his arms. I closed my eyes and hummed contently as Thomas rubbed my back. "I like this a lot." I told him and relaxed more as he gently kissed my neck. "Tom, why do you love me?" I asked, genuinely curious as to what he could say in response. Tom was silent for a good minute before smothering me in loving kisses. Well, *smooch* I think, *smooch* that you, *smooch* are very, *smooch* beautiful, and lovely, *smooch* and brilliant and unique, *smooch smooch* and very special to me and everyone that knows you." He ended with a nose kiss and smiled sweetly at me. I stared at the strange, love-struck Brit and shook my head.

"You're stupid for wanting me. Tell me why, really tell me. I don't understand why after all this time." I demanded and he slowly stroked my cheek. He seemed to be searching for an answer in my eyes, just as I awaited for one while looking into his. "Hm.. Well, I'd be lying if I said I knew entirely." He admitted and leaned back in his chair, bringing me with him. I desperately stared at the tan brunette waiting for an answer, needing some sort of explanation for his desires. He seemed just as lost as I was, which wasn't promising. "... It's not an attraction I can explain. You're a very closed off person, and seeing you trust me with your vulnerable side makes me feel so strange. I never felt it while you were a demon.. But now I see how vulnerable and human you are. But there's a lot more to it, I just can't find the words." He tried to explain it and held my hands. I continued to stare at him and sighed sadly.

"However, I do have good news about you being human. If you're ready to hear it, anyways." He added and placed another loving kiss on my nose. "Yes please, I want to know." I said eagerly and he chuckled. "Alright, alright. Some of our scientists have been assigned with the task of figuring out how to safely transfer the demon blood back into your body, and they've figured out that if it's removed at a fairly slow rate, we could take it out from me and put it into you." He told me and I rested my forehead on his. "So what does that mean for me? When I'm a demon again. Will I be leading next to you?" I asked and Tom stroked my hair. "No, you'll still be in the same position." He told me and I sighed. "Alright, fine. When can we do this?" I asked and smiled when the affectionate beast pulled me into a comfortable hug. "We'll do it next week, because right now they're determining the safety of the procedure." He stated and rubbed my cheek. "I really have to work now sweetheart, go on and do whatever you'd like." He said and I got off with his help. Boy, only a week. "Thank you Tom." I responded and decided to settle on relaxing in his foxhole. I was happy knowing that soon I would feel normal again. I wouldn't feel at all, which is amazing compared to all of these dramatic feelings I have to endure. I curled up in the warm foxhole and took a nice nap, happy with the news.

I awoke later to a huge explosion, which tossed me at least ten feet into debris. "OPEN UP RED ARMY!!" A loud, deep voice rang out. I tried to recover from the painful impact, giving up when another explosion threw debris onto me. I could still breathe mostly, but now I was coated in chunks of concrete and scared shitless. What the fuck could have happened while I was gone-? Enemy soldiers were swarming the area, murdering relentlessly and fighting soldiers. "WHERE IS YOUR CHAMPION NOW-?!" The voice yelled and my throat seized. This must be the same group of people who attacked when I wiped the floor with them. I could hear a familiar voice calling out for me, and I recognized it immediately. Patryk was looking for me. I wasn't visible, and could barely see anything. All this rubble felt like it could crush me at any moment. "Tord! Tord where are you-?!" Pat yelled and I listened to the faint noise of his boots running past me. He couldn't see me. He couldn't save me.

"Tord!! Tord please come here!! Where are you?!" He shouted once more and I pitifully attempted to move my body. I was completely pinned, and invisible. I'll die here as the pressure gets worse on my fragile body. Not to mention, some of the shrapnel and whatnot had pierced my body. I was bleeding out, and couldn't stop me impending death. I waited unwillingly as the weight on my chest pressed harder, making breathing extremely difficult. Soon, I would stop breathing completely. The dust in the air didn't help, causing me to weakly cough. I would truly die alone, and not even in battle. I would die dishonorably. My mind got fuzzy as the oxygen coming into my lungs lessened to a deadly level. I started to fade from consciousness, completely involuntarily. I could hear my father uselessly searching for me as I left this world's consciousness.

Something in my mind snapped, like a spark that started a fire. My body became conscious again, but I remained separate. Without any thoughts to chain me down, I flowed with whatever happened. My body released its Earthly form, escaping the rubble as a sort of blob. I changed back into a humanoid form, looking around for my supposed target. I didn't need to know what or why, I needed to do. My form, completely feeding on itself with the last drops of my demon blood, was quickly deteriorating as I searched for a target. I couldn't hear for some absurd reason, everything was deaf. I couldn't smell anything either. Regardless, I found him. There, in the air, was my prey. The halfling I had easily destroyed before, soaring around in full form and destroying anything in sight. I don't understand why Thomas hasn't changed form to stop him, but I didn't care. I would take care of it. I quickly shifted forms, my body painfully contorting into a large fleshy creature. Blood gushed from my transforming body, showing the already obvious. I am dying by changing into this form.

I flew up with thin, half formed wings and charged at my opponent, causing him to stare at me in disbelief. He screeched and quickly flew away from me, screeching loudly once more as I tackled him. I dove to the ground with the demonic creature in my grasp, landing with a huge thud. He squirmed under my grasp and kicked me off, causing me to land a few feet away. I screeched angrily and forced my battered body up, charging at the recovering beast and tearing at him. He attempted to fight back, his claws dragging along my already battered wings. I cried out angrily and tore at his face, my claws slicing through his skin. My breath hitched when a large objected lodged itself in my chest. I had been shot. By a harpoon. But who owns a harpoon gun, aside from Thomas? I felt betrayed as my body stumbled back and landed on a building, crushing it under my weight. I growled deeply as the creature tackles me and ripped out the harpoon from my bleeding chest, tearing it open even more. I screamed in pain and thrashed around, blood gushing out of my broken body. Everything hurt. Surely now, I would die for the final time.

There's nothing that can save me now, nothing. Not my father, nor Thomas, nor any amount of healing. My body was permanently ripped to shreds. The vengeful man tore at my weakening body, ripping off skin and trying to destroy vital organs. I could barely see through the blood coating my face. Everything was going numb so fast. I gurgled as a last pained noise, my throat and lungs filled with thick blood. Everything faded away as I was torn to pieces, my eyes sliding shut on their own. I wanted so much in that moment, but I also felt a strange silence in my mind. No thoughts came or left, no wants or needs. As my last ragged breaths dragged on, I was at peace. I had at least died protecting the world I had built from the ground up, and the people I loved that came with it. As my soul lost connection with the shredded body it called a home, I lost my senses. I stopped breathing. The warmth of my body slipped away from me. All I could feel was a soft feeling of comfort.

Sorry for going so fast in rushing on Tord's death- it's sorta important to the story, and I wanted to get it over with. So there ya have it, Tord's last hurrah. The End :>

(JK DON'T STOP READING SERIOUSLY)