Chapter Forty-Nine, Leader of the Free World

Tord's Perspective

After a good night's rest, I was contently laying in bed with Tom's arms wrapped around my waist. He was fast asleep with his face buried in my neck, snoring quietly. I could feel his hot breath sweep across my shoulder every time his chest moved. It was peaceful, being in Tom's arms. I liked not having to be the dominant one sometimes. It let me relax fully and enjoy being babied under someone's care. I also enjoyed being dominant, but I honestly can't feel very dominant at the moment. I glanced over at the clock, seeing that it was only seven thirty or so. I wondered why I wasn't tired, because we had stayed up late and played games to de-stress. I guess my nap yesterday was enough to recharge me. Tom on the other hand needed way more sleep than I did. I'm fine with laying here, but it is quite boring. I practically jumped out of my skin at the sound of his alarm clock. "Ah fuck-!" Tom groaned and released his grip on me, lazily leaning over to his clock and hitting it. Tom immediately fell back into bed, holding me close from behind.

"Wha.. Time?" He tiredly asked and I gently rubbed his arm. "It's seven thirty Thomas, seven thirty A.M." i told him and smiled slightly when he pressed a kiss against my scarred shoulder. "I better get up.. Fuck." He groaned before rubbing his eyes tiredly. I watched as he went through his usual routine, including kissing me. I liked that he added that to his morning routine. "You want to come with for my work today? You can even sit in my lap~." He offered playfully with a grin. I rolled my eyes and tucked a stray hair back behind his ear. "Don't offer something you don't mean." I scoffed and laughed when he pulled me into a hug, smothering my neck and exposed shoulder in kisses. "Oh but it's so haaaaard- I want to see you weak." He whined and I ran a hand through his slightly gelatinous hair. "I am weak, Jehova. You could make me weaker if you really wanted to." I pointed out and he leaned closer to me. "Don't give me ideas." He purred out playfully and gently kissed me. I kissed back and closed my eyes, letting him be the dominant one once more.

It seemed that ever since I lost my powers, I was too weak to be dominant. Yeah, I tried a little while ago. It didn't really work for my soul. Tom pulled away from the kiss and stared lovingly at me, purring loudly. I felt in a sour mood the more I thought about it. I felt like a loser. "Hey.. What's wrong? You look upset." He mentioned and I sighed, pulling my hands away from the more powerful being. "I'm just feeling weak y'know? I can't accept it. Being weak. Being a human." I vented and tried to relax as he slowly rubbed my back. "I see. Maybe.. Hm... I'm not really sure. How about you try out being dominant though? Like before. It might not feel that same to you, but it would give you a sense of power." He suggested and I crossed my arms, huffing in discontent. "I was just an abusive ass as a dominant, Tom. I can't do that to you. I can't even keep my own body from falling apart." I said with clear emotions bubbling in my throat. My voice wavered, and my eyes rounded. I was clearly upset.

Tom slid his hands down my arms and interlocked our hands. "I know how powerless you must feel Tord. I know I can't help with that, but I at least can distract you. Would you like to help plan out our future world? I have a big meeting today, and I want you to join me. I'm sure you'll bring unique ideas to the table, and we have an awful lot to think about." He offered desperately and I stared into his void eyes. He really does want to help me, in his heart. I didn't say a word, just staring and thinking. "I love you." I responded suddenly, making Tom's worried expression melt away into a smile. "I love you too Tord." He confidently responded. I hugged him tightly and smiled to myself, knowing that I had hooked an amazing man. Of course, I couldn't forget our history. I still trusted him with my feelings. He's truly amazing, nothing like before. "Come on love, get dressed and we'll go have a delicious breakfast together with the others." He told me and I quickly let go of him, filing through his closet. He hovered in the entrance of it and watched me pick out my clothing for the day.