Chapter Ten, Blue Angel

Tom's Perspective

As the video call began, I impatiently fidgeted and waited for Edd to accept the call. After a few minutes of no response to the call, the screen suddenly showed a young adult with messy brown hair and a ginger next to him. Both of them wore nervous expressions, until they saw me. "Tom! Oh my God! Tom you're okay!" Edd yelled happily and I smiled. "Yeah, I'm alright." I replied and Edd's happy expression shifted as his gaze turned to Tord. The once ecstatic call turned tense, and both Matt and Edd seemed much less relaxed and joyful. Tord seemed stressed as well, finding it hard to keep eye contact with Edd. Malicious red eyes stared back at kind chocolate brown ones for what seemed like forever, until Matt spoke up. "Tom, are you wearing a collar?" Edd looked at me and his face furrowed with worry. "Why are you wearing a collar?" He asked concernedly. I blinked before coming up with a good response. "Oh- I'm wearing it because.."

Well, I can't say that Tord made me. He had just offered to take it off, and I refused. "Well.. It's complicated. I sort of like it though, so don't worry about it." I explained and got down onto the soft carpet, getting closer to the laptop. "What's been going on Tom? What did he do to you?" Edd asked, his tone dripping with anger as he said 'he'. "Well.. Tord has been keeping me here for a while now and kept me in a cell. But uh, recently he's let me sleep in his room instead." I added. I could feel Edd's rage through the screen, and he's not one to get easily angered. He's usually so calm and friendly all the time. "What happened to your neck?" He asked, referring to the intense scarring and fading bruises on my neck. "Ah.. It's from me trying to get the collar off before. I don't mind it now." I told the two worried friends, who only got more worried with every bit of new information. The mood suddenly got much more violent when Edd's harsh voice snapped.

"Tord. Let go of Tom right now. Bring him back." He demanded. Tord stared at the younger man and narrowed his eyes. "I won't do that." He responded, speaking as if it was a threat. I quickly cut the tension and turned the computer to me only. "Guys, let's just talk okay?" I said and looked at the two anxious men. Edd sighed and nodded, leaning forward on the couch he was sitting on. "Okay. Tell me Tom, why is Tord keeping you there with him?" Edd asked. I stared at the brunette and sighed. "Edd, I can't answer that, but I need to ask something as well." I replied and rested my arms on the coffee table, leaning closer. "Do you guys love me?" I asked and both Edd and Matt looked at me confused. "We love you like bros do." Edd said and Matt nodded. "Like brothers!" He added and sipped the tea he had been drinking from. "How much?" I asked and placed my head in my hands. "I trust my life with you Tom." Edd told me and smiled nicely.

"Me too! We love you a lot Tom." Matt said with a big grin. I wish I could reach through the screen and hug both of them. "Well.. If you love me that much, I have a really big favor to ask." I said with guilt dripping from my voice. I felt terrible just thinking about what I had come up with. "What is it Tom?" Edd asked curiously and set down his Cola. "You guys, both of you, I need you to.. Hold on." I stopped and looked at Tord. "Leave the room." I instructed him sternly. He stared at me defiantly before getting up and slowly leaving the room, closing the door rather aggressively. "Now, I need you two to do something very important for me."

After telling them my rather detailed plan, both of them stared at me with wife eyes of confusion and disbelief. "Wait- hold on- I'm going to write this down." Edd said quickly and got up, coming back with a pen and notebook. We then reviewed the plan as he scribbled furiously. "Are you sure about this Tim?" "Tom-. And yeah, I'm sure. Please do this for me." I pleaded and stared into their eyes. both of them stared back and Edd set down the notebook. "I promise Tom, I swear that we'll follow your ideas to the letter." Edd assured me and smiled. "Thanks guys.. I guess I'll see you then?" I questioned and the brunette nodded. "I love you Tom, stay safe." He said in a warm and loving tone. I smiled slightly and nodded. "I love you guys, see you later." I said and Matt set down his tea. "Bye Bye Tom!" He said while waving. I waved in return and closed the call, also shutting the cold, silver chrome laptop. I sighed and my smile dissipated before I went to the door.