Chapter Seventy-Five, Uneventful Events

Tom's Perspective

I sat up slowly and rubbed my tired face, yawning and stretching my back. I felt a second person shift and move in the bed beside me, dragging himself out to start the day. I followed suit and grabbed his hand, slumping on him while he sorted through his clothing. "Baby do you need some coffee?" Tord asked and reached back, gently scratching under my chin. I relaxed and melted into his touch, smiling sweetly. "Let's get you some coffee before you decide the bed is too nice to leave." He chuckled and guided my sleepy body out to the kitchen. "But I thought you was.. Gettin' clothes..?" I mumbled and stumbled after him. He scooped me up before I could fall onto the ground and cradled me. "I'll get clothes after you've gotten some coffee." He hummed and carried me all the way to the counter. He set me down on the black, marbled, cold counter and kissed my forehead. "You wanna go to bed..?" I sleepily muttered.

He shook his head and grinned. "Cutie, you can't go back to bed. You've got a job." He hummed and began brewing a fresh cup of coffee. I rested my head on the cupboard and groaned. "No jobbbb, sleeepp." I whined and tried to get down so I could pout in bed. I just ended up in Tord's arms again despite my best attempts to hit the floor. "Take back your job asshole- I don't want it-." I spitefully muttered. He rolled his eyes and carried me to the dining room table, handing me a fresh mug of coffee. I chugged it and laid my head on the table. "Baby come on, you can't just quit because you're tired- you're literally the leader of the world." He sighed and poked my head. I growled and tried to bite his finger, failing as he pulled away. "Bad dog." He snorted and flicked my forehead. I grumbled and attempted to attack his hand, again failing as his quick response saved him. "Alright baby, come on, let's get you in the bath." He hummed and picked me up, kissing all over my face as he brought me to the bathroom.

"You're like a big pampered cat, you know that don't you?" He pointed out with a bitchy smirk. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on his chest. He carefully set me down on the side of the tub and started the water. "Let's get you out of these clothes." He said as if he was talking to a child and stripped me. I tried to fall into the bathtub in a desperate attempt to go back to sleep, but Tord held me up. "I know your tricks, stop trying to sleep." He sighed and shook his head, obviously disappointed in me. I ignored his behavior and tried desperately to fall asleep once more. "Babe- please-." He begged and cupped my cheeks. I slightly opened one eye and leaned into his touch. "Okay, okay... Just gimme a minute.." I mumbled and smiled when he gently kissed me. I pulled him closer and lightly gripped his hair. He pulled away slightly and stared at me with an affectionate gaze. "Are you awake yet darling?" He hummed and rubbed my pale cheek.

"It's hard to be sleepy when you have someone so sexy loving on you." I remarked and kissed his hand. He grew a cheeky grin and forced me to stand. "Well if you do good uh.. leadering today, maybe I'll reward you." He teased and slowly wrapped his arms around my neck. I blushed lightly and held his hips loosely. "I would definitely enjoy that, you flirtatious little vixen." I replied while pulling him closer. "And to think I wanted to kill you at some point in my life, now I've got you babysitting me while I do things I thought were crazy and out of my league." I scoffed and admired the spot on his neck I liked most. Sometimes I would gnaw on it when I was stressed, it was a strange coping mechanism for sure. He stroked under my chin and ran his soft hand through my freshly washed hair. "Yeah well, I'd be doing it if you hadn't kicked me off of top ring-." He replied spitefully. He was joking, I think.

"But I agree, our feelings of each other have definitely changed for the better over the years." He purred and yanked me close by my hair. "But you'll always be my enemy, even if it is just in bed." He joked and pulled me into the tub. "Hey-! You little bitch-." I exclaimed and flailed as he splashed me with more water so my suit got wet. "Now I have to change-." I hissed and heard him laughing. My foul demeanor dropped when I saw his cheerful expression. I kissed his cheek and peeled off my wet suit, joining him properly in the water. He pulled me into a hug and rested his head on my chest. "Thanks for being in my life Tom, even if you did kinda ruin it.. You fixed it too." He admitted and looked up at me with eyes full of gratefulness. I stayed quiet and rubbed his back gently. I felt the same way, I just never quite thought about it until now. Sure I definitely did think of the idea, but hearing him remind me somehow changed it. It felt so real to me.

I ruffled his wet hair and uncovered his horns, resting mine on his. I closes my eyes and breathed quietly, listening to all of the noises he made. Taking in every bit of him that I could. "Let's make this a great day, okay Norski?" I said and opened my eyes. He stared at me and didn't talk, simply kissing me. The kiss was drawn out and full of feeling, I could tell he was trying his best to convey his feelings in some way. "Okay." He responded quietly and held my hand. I squeezed it gently and stared a moment more before starting to scrub his hair. He kept his eyes tightly shut and stayed still as I washed him. I think he enjoyed being pampered, even if he didn't always admit to it. I know I love being pampered. "Your turn!" He exclaimed and eagerly washed my body, being extra teasingly slow with certain parts. Eventually we got out, though the idea of cuddling all day in the warm bath tempted me so. "What will you do today my love?" I asked as I dried off my hair. He shrugged and stretched his back.

"Maybe I'll practice cooking with Matt, we both need it." He suggested and dropped his towel on the ground. I stared at his nude body and then looked at him with a raised brow. "What are you planning demon boy?" I asked suspiciously as he walked closer to me. "I just thought maybe.. We could have a little fun time before you go." He said with an innocent look on his mischievous face. I forced myself to remain bland and shook my head. "I have no time, you already ruined my suit." I excused and he crossed his arms. "What if you top?" He offered persistently. "No baby, I can't." I sighed and watched as his fingers danced down my chest. "Not even a little? It's so boring when you're gone." He whined in a sultry voice. I blushed lightly at the thoughts that entered my mind. "No dear, I must get ready for work." I again rejected him and he sighed, backing off of me. "Alright, alright.. But.. after your work we can do something right?" He asked hopefully and held my hands.

I kissed his forehead and smiled. "Yes my love, I'll be sure to make you happy. You are my priority after all." I assured him and began walking towards the bedroom so I could put on a clean suit. He followed me and held my hand, seemingly not wanting to let me go to work. I rubbed his hand comfortingly and let him pick out my suit for me. "I like this one, don't you?" He asked and held up a dark blue suit, complete with familiar black wings and a pin on the breast. "Yes, I remember this one quite well. I like it too my love." I hummed and kissed his cheek. "I must be going now my dear, unless you have something urgent you need me for." I said and began leaving, grabbing my wallet and keys. He quickly followed me and held onto my arm. "Um, actually, I do have something I need to tell you." He said with a certain sense of urgency and stress. "Yes dear, please do tell me." I said and turned to him. He nervously fidgeted and looked down. "I um.. reconsidered your offer from a while ago. About Gygjar's descendants. I talked to the caregiver you have for them, and I asked if they could be brought here for me to raise as um, you know, kids." He got out despite his tightening throat.

I smiled sweetly and rubbed his arm. "That's great Tord, I would love to raise children together." I said with a warmth growing in my heart. I had wanted that for a while, but I didn't want to pressure him of course. His nervous expression calmed and he hugged me tightly. "I'm so excited and nervous, I think I might throw up." He admitted with a red face. I tried to calm his nerves by kissing along his neck. He shivered and tensed up, not expecting such an action. "It'll be okay babe, try your best to relax and set up for when they get here, okay?" I suggested and took a deep breath to encourage him. He mimicked me, and I continued until he was practically sleeping on my shoulder. "I have to go to work now, call me if anything at all happens, okay my love?" I said while slowly pulling away from him. He nodded and yawned, stretching a little. "I think I'll take a nap too, they won't be here until the evening.." He sleepily mumbled. Even after coffee, the sweet man was still tired. And he was the one who got me up this morning. "Alright honeydew, have a nice nap." I hummed and walked out, waving before closing the door. My heart was warm and my soul was eager to work, I was ready for the day.