Chapter Twenty-Nine, Gygjar

Tom's Perspective

After being carefully lead into the plane with one of Tord's guards as a crutch for my weak legs, I was laid down in a leathery seat in the back. It was clear that this was Tord's pricey personal plane, which I suppose is nicer than some dinky torn up aircraft. The guard helped me get comfortable and prop my head up on a pillow, also layering a blanket on me. "Have you ever been on a flight before sir?" He asked and hovered over me. "Yes, I've flown before. Can we go now?" i asked impatiently and the guard stared at me for a moment. He's probably not had any coffee all day. "Yes sir, we'll be taking off shortly. Please allow me to put up these guards on the seat, they are in case of emergency." He said politely and I watched as he pulled some black railing up on the side. I got comfortable in the cushy seat and yawned. I had missed that nap before, and this was as good a time as any to get some. "Do you need anything else before we take off sir?" The guard offered and I shook my head slightly, closing my digital eyes.

I listened as the guard's boots walked off to the head of the plane, trading with a familiar clacking noise that only belonged to one person. "Oh~ you're sleeping, how nice. Don't worry Thomas, you'll get what you deserve soon." A Norwegian voice purred darkly and a robotic hand slowly stroked my loose hair strands. I tried my hardest not to pull away instinctively, as to not shatter the illusion. I felt his hot breath dust my face with strange moisture as he got closer. "You'll see that your dream meant more than you could ever know." He whispered eerily before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Sleep well little tiger." He said quietly before walking off to sit down. It made me cringe severely on the inside, feeling Tord kiss any part of me ever. At least he didn't do anything grosser. I shifted slightly to the side and hugged myself, seeming as there was nothing else to hug aside from my pillow. I tiredly faded into a comfortable sleep as my body relaxed, allowing still for me to feel a hand gently lower my hearing aids. I guess Tord didn't want me to be interrupted by the noises of the plane, how concerningly considerate.

I awoke later to feel a thick warm blanket draped over me, and my body comfortably relaxed on a huge cushioned bed. Before fully gaining consciousness, I strongly considered going back to sleep for a long time. I could sleep forever, and maybe I could wake up from this nightmare. This living nightmare where Tord is being a cruel tyrant. So, I did the only thing a depressed young adult would do in my situation. I settled my brain and fell into the same sleeping patterns, letting myself fade away.

I was later brought back to consciousness by the noises of water running, accompanied by an accented voice singing. I cringed at the painful singing and turned my sleeping visor on, glancing around my new environment. As I suspected, I was comfortably covered up in Tord's bed. This bedroom was different. It had velvet everything. Velvet sheets, velvet pillows, the room and furniture was velvet or black. It felt nice on my skin, something I've never felt before. What an expensive room. There was a lava lamp on a dark wooden shelf that kept to room slightly lit, and it was red too. I didn't bother to sit up, instead waiting for Tord to finish showering. I started observing more things about his room as I waited. How his velvet bed smells like him. How he has many pictures of all four of us as childhood friends scattered around on the walls. How he has a gun collection on a set of racks, with bullets to go with them. How the carpet smells like cigars and bloody rubber.

Eventually I ran out of details to observe, but thankfully Tord had completed his hygienic ritual. I watched as he stepped out in a towel, with still wet and messy hair. "Good to see that you're awake, min lite beist." He spoke in his foreign tongue and went to his door, opening it to take the box with his freshly washed special uniform inside. "What does "mine lite beist" mean?" I asked sleepily and sat up. Tord glanced at me and playfully grinned before shrugging. "Couldn't tell you, Norwegian secret." He remarked and dropped his velvet colored towel. My reaction was slowed by me trying to process what was going on, which resulted in me cringing at his privates. "Well if I knew you wanted to look, I'd pose." He joked and I quickly looked away. Of course, it isn't the first time I've ever seen it. I've accidentally caught him fapping before a number of times, but it still grosses me out. "Psh- you act like you've never seen a dick in your life. Virgin." He snickered and I growled under my breath.

He always finds a way to be mean, even if I wouldn't find the insult aggravating from anyone else. Something about his cocky attitude and superiority over most people just pisses me off. I listened as he got fully clothed and loaded his handgun. "Well, I'd love to stay and piss on your disabled body, but I have a beast to take care of. And not the one sleeping in my bed and wasting my money." He said jokingly and walked out without another moment to spare. I watched him leave, now curious as to what he meant. First of all, I should be changing and showering, and feeding myself. Second of all, I'm not going to bother because I'm much too curious. I got out of the velvety sheets and followed Red Leader through the halls, watching as soldiers would stop and have a small report for him or take orders from him. He would also speak into his radio in Norwegian, probably more orders and reports. I looked around this "private estate", realizing more and more that the building reminded me of a laboratory.

The soldiers were guards for this location, and there were scientists of sorts rushing around as well. I wonder what all the commotion is about. My guess is that "beast" which Tord referred to neutralizing. As we walked closer to the supposed beast, I smelled the air to see if I recognized it as anything. I could smell chemicals, the outdoors, people, Tord's distinct scent, and some sort of large beast giving off a stressed smell. It made me want to help the beast, but I knew this creature was most likely dangerous. Why else would people be fleeing in the exact opposite direction? Tord walked towards the destruction and mayhem without wavering or smelling of fear. He was clearly confident in his strides, as always. He approached the destroyed section of the lab, pulling out his hand gun. I expected him to shoot on sight, but instead as we approached the beast, he lowered his gun and walked slower.

I looked up at the large furry creature to see that it looked familiar, all too familiar to not be a creature like me. It was larger, and had some different features than I did. It was hard to see the face as it constantly clambered around and roared. Tord stopped a few safe yards from the destructive being and set down his gun, blowing a whistle he had pulled from his pocket. The beast stopped its mayhem and slowly turned to face Tord. It looked frantic and worried, as if something terrible had happened. It lowered its large head down to the ground and stared at Tord. I examined its features more closely now, seeing that it was very much the same species as me. Purplish fur, large horns, one big void cyclops eye. Tord approached the large beast and smiled warmly at it, which seemed to make it more calm. "I know you're scared because your eggs are never fertile and you can't find a mate anymore, but you don't need to make such a fuss about it. I'm right here." He said in a calm voice and pet the creature gently.

It cooed contently and slightly pressed against his hands affectionately. I slowly approached the beast of my own kind and placed a hand on its fur. It smelled strongly of a female who had just been through a cycle. She probably had laid her barren eggs and gotten extremely upset. She seemed to like my touch and cooed happily. "How did she get here?" I asked and turned to Tord who was gently petting the great beast. Tord looked over at me and then back at the female. "She's been here for longer than any of the Red Army has known, but I do know one thing that I can tell you. This is your mother, Thomas. And your father was killed years ago. This is why she mourns and lays empty eggs." He told me. I took a moment to fully realize what that meant, staring at the large creature with a new feeling. This was my mother. "... Why does she listen to her? Have you trained her or something?" I asked accusingly and glared at the Norski. If he hurt her just to keep her as some sort of pet, then he's a dead man. "Oh no, my mother trained her and helped her to have you. Her name is gygjar, which is just Norwegian for a giant race in our culture." He told me and let go of the mighty beast. I gently hugged the creature and smiled, breathing in her scent. She smelled like my mother, now I knew.