Chapter Twelve, Coronation Part Two

Tom's Perspective

I glanced over at Paul and Patryk as Tord began his fancy speech, seeing both of them at attention. They were holding hands rather sneakily, and it looked adorable. They were comforting each other like any good couple would. I tuned back into Tord's speech, my ears having to adjust to his strong accent. I was actually surprised that he was speaking in English, because everyone at this base seemed to know Norwegian. I suppose they must have known English as well. "Now, as our army grows larger and stronger every day, I am proud to introduce my second in command who will be helping this new era fall into place. To help this dream to be fulfilled by all of us." He said proudly and motioned for me to step forward. I nervously swallowed and stepped forward closer to the large crowd, my ears overwhelmed by the sudden sound of clapping and cheering and yelling. Once the crowd quieted down by Tord's hushing motion, Tord spoke again.

"You may have heard rumors of this man in the past, but I'm here to present him in person. This man is the very same man who took my arm and eyesight in my right eye just over a year ago." I expected gasps and looks of concern, but the crowd stayed eerily silent. "And today, he is coming to all of you as a powerful individual who will aid us in changing to very world we know. Today, he is Blue Leader, his official title as Blue Angel. You will treat him as nothing less than I, and if I hear of a single incident against this rule, I will deal with you myself." He threatened and left the silence to soak in for a moment. "Now, without further ado, I instate-." He paused mid-sentence at the sound of what seemed like a bullet casing being dropped, but I couldn't tell because of how far away it was. Most of the soldiers in the crowd also attempted to find where the noise had come from, but their attempt was interrupted by multiple shots ringing out in the air. A spray of bullets streaked across the stage, hitting multiple people.

Tord first, then a few generals, and Paul as well. I was lucky enough to step away from the nearest bullet, which then dug into the tip of my shoe. Soldiers poured out of the room in a surprisingly ordered fashion, and an alert sounded throughout the halls. My heart raced as I looked around, swept up in all of the action. My eyes landed on Tord and I watched with tense muscles as more bullets reigned from a mysterious location above, specifically driving into Tord. His body seemed paralyzed from the first few bullets, and his legs gave out from the shock. I quickly picked up the stunned Norwegian as best as I could and ran down the stairs where a small medical team was already gathering around the generals and Patryk who were being escorted out. I carefully set down Tord's stunned body on the ground, examining his body to find the bullet wounds. I began taking off his jacket and shirt and his other apparel, recalling his words from before.

He said he had never needed medical assistance for "a" shot wound, he didn't say many spontaneously shot bullets. It was rather easy to spot the different wounds on his body, because blood was quickly pooling out of them. A doctor kneeled down next to me and began checking his vital signs. So much noise was going on around me, everything was racing. My heart felt like it would explode if I didn't take a breather. So, with a medical professional helping with Tord, i stopped my actions and took in a few deep breaths. Even though it didn't make the situation less stressful, it kept me from having such a tightness in my chest. I took my eyes off of the bodies and the panic, staring at the bloody tiles and breathing. Just breathing. I put my hands on the soft blue choker wrapped around my tense neck and rubbed it, hoping it would soothe me like before. It did help me to focus on something else, but I couldn't take too long to de-stress. I looked back at Tord's paralyzed body and saw that the doctor had gotten him out of his shock, helping him to take slow and steady breaths as his new bullet wounds were treated.

He didn't look scared, just caught off guard. I sat down next to his head and made eye contact with him, though he seemed to be losing consciousness fast. He looked much less worried than I did, almost completely relaxed with lidded eyes. "It's- It's okay Tom- just relax-." He assured me and choked a bit on the blood pooling in his mouth. I nodded and focused on Tord and his breathing, trying to stay calm. I wish Edd was here, and Matt. I wish Edd could hold me again and keep me away from all of this. But instead Tord, who was dying, reached up and caressed my cheek. His hand felt cold and shaky, but it still comforted me. I closed my eyes and felt his weak hand fall away from my face with a quiet thud. His already broken breathing choked more at a last attempt to breathe. I quickly opened my eyes in response to his choking and looked at the doctor. "He's choking, what do we do?" I asked in a panicked voice, watching as the doctor ever-so-slowly helped Tord to sit up.

I held Tord up as he coughed weakly and blood spewed out of his mouth, getting all over his chest and his chin. "Come on Tord, I know it hurts. You need to cough more." I encouraged him, though he seemed to not hear me. His eyes were growing dull and glossy, and his eyes were closing. He was passing out due to lack of oxygen and blood, and needed help fast. I watched as the doctor called over a stretcher and I helped them carefully set the unconscious Norwegian on it. I got up and looked for Paul and Patryk, finding that Pat was in a much better state than Tord. His arm had been shot, but not severely and only in two places. He was being patched up for the time-being and Paul was comforting him as he was brought to what I assumed was the medical section of the base. I watched as most of the wounded group and medical personnel left the crowded area, leaving me confused as to what to do.

I jumped slightly as a voice spoke to me from behind. "Blue Angel." I turned to the same young man who had helped set up my voice chat with Edd and Matt. "You do not know what to do with procedure? Do not fear, I am here. Follow." He said in simple English and held out his hand to me. I felt like a little kid who was being led away during a tornado drill. I hesitantly took his hand and followed him through the swarm of soldiers rushing by, flowing around both of us. Eventually the boy stopped at a door and opened it for me, allowing me inside first. It was a small shelter room that had a few other special staff camping out in there, seemingly his friends by the way they smiled at him. The kind boy led me to an open seat and began cleaning off my bloody clothing. "Ah, I introduce myself. Peter Nilsen." He said and smiled sweetly at me before returning to a focused expression and helping me to take off my bloody blazer. "You are cold? It is winter soon. Here." He said simply before wrapping a warm grey blanket around me. "Thank you Peter." I said gratefully and shivered, keeping the blanket tightly wrapped around my body.