Chapter Forty-Three, Useless

Tord's Perspective

I awoke in the morning to feel the same crushing weight I had felt the night before, which was the large beast Thomas comfortably laying on me. "Thomas- Jehova- Tom- wake up-." I half-yelled to get him awake. He didn't even flinch and continued to snore loudly on me. I groaned and pitifully attempted to shove off the heavy man, met with no response or any movement off of me. "Tom- seriously- I need to pissss-." I whined and Tom snorted in his sleep, his leg twitching aggressively almost like a kick. Tom's eyes slowly opened and he tiredly yawned. "Wha.. What..?" He muttered and I crossed my arms. "I need to piss, dumbass. Get off before I wet your bed." I hissed and he chuckled at my sass before getting off of me. I quickly rushed to the bathroom, regretting my decision because I felt dizzy. I propped myself up against the wall for stability and proceeded to do what my body demanded before washing my hands and slinking out to the bed again.

By now Tom was stretching on his bed and showing off his fluffy and quite cuddly features. It hid most of the muscle his form had, which was unfortunate for him. I sat on the side of his blue themed bed and gently ran my hand along the fluffy man's spine. He glanced over at me and smiled softly, staying mid-stretch so that I would keep petting him. He purred softly as I pet him as if he was a big muscular cat. He eventually lowered his back and kneaded the mattress, melting at the gentle affection I had provided. "You're so adorable and vulnerable in this form.. It's so pleasant." I commented and gently rubbed his horns. He immediately moved to rest his head on my belly, forcing me to continue. "I just can't help it, it feels so nice." he purred out and stared at me with a loving gaze. I knew he only looked at me this way because I was making him drunk with positive stimulation, but it still made me feel a fluttering in my chest. "This demon blood is amazing." Tom said suddenly and flexed his hand, which had black blood running through the veins of it. "I'm god damn invincible." He said confidently and I crossed my arms.

"You're only that way because I sacrificed myself for you." I hissed sourly and looked away. Yes, of course I'm hung up on that. I gave up all of my remaining immortal power for an asshole who's probably going to get me publicly executed once he rules the world. I heard Tom gently coo in a comforting manner before stroking my cheek with his clawed hand. "Ohh, don't be so spiteful. I'm so grateful for this power." He said as an attempt to make me feel less salty. It didn't work, as I continued to pout without faltering. He let out an annoyed snort and pressed his soft cheek against mine. "Come on Tord, you've been the most powerful person on the planet since birth. Now it's my turn." He said and I glared at the closest object, pouting profusely. "Tooooord- I'll do anything-! I'm serious." He insisted and I glanced at him. "Anything? Really?" I asked doubtfully. The monster boy nodded quickly and I scoffed. "I don't believe you." I teased and he stared at me unamused. "I mean it, tell me what you want Tord." He demanded and I slowly pet the man's soft brown hair, thinking.

"... I want a mate. And a family, eventually." I told him truthfully and he stared at me with no reply. He pushed himself up by his hands and hovered over me, his void eyes supposedly asphyxiated on me. "See, you can't do anything for me." I bitterly growled and turned my head away. I felt the bitterness in my heart grow, forcing me to hold back tears. I desperately yearned for a mate of my own, more than anything else. Ever since I was fifteen, I've always wanted one to call my own. Now I'm in my late twenties and powerless, with no chances of finding a mate. No demonic mate interest would bother glancing at me now, or a mate of even human kind. Nobody wants me, a useless power-drained meat lump. Tom let out a baffled snort of irritation before resting his cheek on mine once more. He slowly wrapped his arms around me along with the blanket and held me close, warming up my body more than before. "I'm sure I can find you a mate Tord." He whispered and I ignored his affectionate gestures. I don't want him, or anyone. I want to be alone forever like my useless ass deserves.

I couldn't help the bubbling feeling of sadness choke me while tears began escaping my eyes. Tom quickly began to coo and comfort me, giving me gentle licks and soft kisses all over my face. I sniffled and stared at the male above me. I felt so weak and pathetic, crying like this. I needed to get over myself and handle my emotions, but I couldn't. I couldn't control myself at all without my demon blood. The only thing even demon left in me is my hair, and that's artificial. I was a weak little scrawny human who couldn't do shit. My demon blood had carried me through life for so long that I felt practically suicidal without it. I wasn't as intelligent or strong, or as naturally charming at all. I was a wimpy little piece of shit. I've never felt this way in my life, and now that I did, it absolutely destroyed me. I hated being human. I hated living. I hated Thomas for being so thankful. I wanted to take it all back, even though that was now impossible.

Here I lay, a mortal soul bonded to a tediously fragile body. I fell silent for a long time as Tom desperately attempted to cheer me up to no avail. Eventually he stopped and sat up with a frown. "I.. I have to go to work, but please try to feel better." He told me and went through his usual morning routine. I simply slinked under the covers of his comfortable bed and let my upsetting thoughts consume me.

After about a week of just the same disastrous depression keeping me in bed, Tom seemed to have enough of me. He brought me a dinner as usual, setting it on the nightstand. I stared at him as he stared back with clear worry. "Tord, please at least tell me what's wrong." He pleaded again and I simply looked away. "Tord.. Please." He begged and I shook my head. "... Fine... I'll just stop taking care of you." He huffed and picked up the tray. "No dinner." He remarked and I scoffed. "Starve me. At least I'll leave this ridiculous Earth." I muttered darkly and heard him set down the tray again. I didn't bother to look and flinched when a familiar hand slowly rubbed my arm. "Tord sweetheart... Please just tell me what's wrong." Pat pleaded and I turned to look at him. He looked tired and obviously distraught. "Please.." He whimpered and I stared at his desperate eyes. "At least stay with me and your father..?" He requested and held my hand.

My lifeless expression softened into a sympathetic one and I slowly sat up. "Of course papa.. I'll come." I agreed and he hugged me tightly. "Oh my sweet baby boy... I'm here for you." He cooed lovingly and rubbed my back. I leaned onto my father and embraced him without hesitation. "I love you so much papa." I whispered and felt his hand travel down to mine, holding it gently and rubbing it with his thumb. "I love you more than you can imagine Tord.. Come on, let's go. Your father is just as worried as I am." He told me and slowly pulled away from the loving hold. I allowed him to guide me through the halls and into his room where Paul was clearly stress-smoking. Pat sighed and gently coaxed the cigarette from his lover before giving him a loving kiss as a reward for letting go. Paul noticed me and got up, approaching me rather quickly. "Oh Tord.. Come here you poor little thing..." He hummed in a caring way before embracing me.

I snuggled up to my father and smiled, enjoying the warmth of my loving dad. "Pau Pau I'm sorry for worrying you." I sadly apologized only to be smothered in rough kisses. "Never apologize for that Tord! I'm always going to worry about my amazing child." He insistently reminded me and guided me to their shared bed. They always brought me out of the deepest funk just by reminding me how much they loved me. "Pau Pau can we watch a movie together and snuggle?" I requested and looked up at him hopefully. He gently ruffled my hair and held me close in his arms. "Of course we can Tord, we'll do whatever you want." He told me with a warm tone and loving eyes. I happily snuggled up to him as he laid against the wall with me in his arms. Of course it is a bit awkward to have an adult in your arms behaving like a child, but my parents smothered me regardless. My head perked up as I heard the television being turned on. "Do you want it in Norwegian or English?" Pat asked as I squirmed, struggling to turn around in Paul's lap. "Norwegian please, daddy." I requested politely and laid back as Paul wrapped his arms around my mid-section. "It's all going to be okay Tord, I promise." The older man whispered to me. I responded with a content hum and relaxed as I was spoiled by my deeply caring parents. I needed this much more than I had realized.