Chapter Seventy-Two, Home

I apologize for taking so long to write this, I had a lot of distractions and not much motivation.

A few weeks later

Tom's Perspective

I gently rubbed the back of my sleeping boyfriend and smiled warmly. He was peacefully clinging to my chest and breathing softly, with his little parted horns all messed up from shifting a lot. It's so crazy what's happened in all, with my life. And with his. But now that I had convinced Tord to see a therapist, he was starting to calm down. He hadn't quite gotten to the point of trusting his therapist, but there was a lot of improvement. He had also started taking a cooking class, though he did know a lot about cooking already. It helped him relax and learn new things. And last night, he was doing amazing. He cooked dinner for me, and we ate in bed while watching some relaxing television. He didn't seem nearly as high strung as before, which as a mess at the time. He was shaking and crying a lot. I think now that he's had time to unwind, he's getting a lot healthier. My thoughts were paused as I focused on Tord's slowly opening eyes.

He shifted and rolled over onto his back, snoring quietly. He let out a low groan and stretched, sitting up slowly. "Good morning honey." I hummed and sat up as well, holding his smooth pale hand. He grunted in reply and wrapped his arms around me, laying on my chest. "Someone's not very verbal eh?" I remarked and slowly got out of bed, all the while supporting a heavy demon man. He insisted on getting into my arms, even though I was barely awake, much less ready to carry another person. And yet here I am, holding my sleepy boyfriend who was nuzzling my chest. "You're weird, and lucky I love you." I muttered tiredly and carried the sleepy demon towards the bathroom. "You wanna take a bath?" I asked in a soft tone, aware of how half-conscious he was. He clung to me as I tried to set him in the tub for a morning bath. "I guess that's a no." I concluded and he kissed my cheek. My face grew a warm smile on its own as I set him down on the bathroom counter.

He whined and tried to hold onto me as I splashed my face with cool water. "Alright, alright, calm down you weird little imp. I'll hold you in a second." I told him as I opened the mouth wash. He seemed satisfied with that answer and simply leaned on my shoulder. "I'm thirsty..." He whispered in a dry voice. "Well this water is fine to drink, here." I said and grabbed a new little mouthwash cup, filling it with water and giving it to him. He sleepily drank the contents, trying hard not to spill it on himself as he dozed. I did my oral hygiene routine and refilled his cup for him. "Will you sit through me styling my hair or do you want up now?" I asked and he set down his small cup. "Up." He answered and held out his arms. I hummed and scooped him up, giving him a gentle kiss. "You're such a child." I scoffed jokingly and smiled. He smiled slightly and buried his face in my neck. I could feel his roughly shaven bristles that would've been a beard press against my neck. I didn't mind it, I was used to the feeling by now.

"I'm hungry." He whined as I carried him back into the bedroom. I set him down and got dressed in a lovely dark blue silky smooth suit as he complained. "Oh quit it, you're like a little dog. I'll feed you okay sweetheart?" I assured him as I fixed my tie and pushed back my messy dark hair. He seemed to giggle or something, mischievously planning whatever might get my attention. I scooped him up before he could follow through with it and carried him out into the hall. He was still in his sleepwear, which wasn't much. Just some sleep shorts and the kind of underwear that's cut like panties. Except it can comfortably hold a pair. "Is this what you wanted you whiny baby?" I teased and he simply nodded, nuzzling my neck more. I can't win with this guy. "You're ridiculous." I shamed as I carried him into the dining room. He whimpered when I attempted to put him in a separate chair, so I just allowed him to get cozy in my lap once I was seated. He nuzzled my cheek and purred quietly.

"There you go again, so adorable." I hummed and he pressed tiny horns against my cheek. I held his head and pressed our horns together. "It's all okay Tord. It's okay." I whispered and stroked his hair. He opened his ever loving eyes and kissed my nose lightly. "I'm sorry for acting this way. I'm just s-." I quickly cut him off with a finger to his thin little lips. "Shhh. You don't need excuses. I love you Tord, and I'll always love you and take care of you no matter what. That includes liking the idea of being held or taken care of. Okay?" I told him sternly. He seemed unsure for a moment before hugging me tightly. "Okay." He said in a meek tone. I kissed his neck lightly and rubbed his back. "I'll always take care of you, I promise. Even if you're scared or angry or you don't know what to do. I'll keep you safe." I told him and listened for a response. I didn't get one. He just laid on me and took a breath. "I'm sleepy still." He told me finally. "It's alright, I'm sure after a hot cup of tea you'll start to wake up." I assured him and slowly coaxed him into a different chair.

He seemed uncomfortable and shifted a lot, curling up on his side and staring at me. "What's wrong honey?" I asked, concerned about his strange behavior. "I... I just wish it was cushioned." He admitted and I got up. "If you want to have a cushioned seat, that should be no problem my love. Come, I'll bring you." I said confidently. He seemed a bit embarrassed and hugged my arm. "If you say so." He mumbled and I looked down at him. He acts so different compared to before, so fragile and scared constantly. It's like his brain completely switched. Jumped over the fence to the other side. He's a timid little sheep. Exactly what changed him? And will he ever change back? Oh, now is not the time for this. I firmly grasped his hand and brought him towards the "gaming room" or "lounging room" as some may call it. It was basically a living room, but fancier. I brought him to a pink plush beanbag chair and pushed him in. He laughed and pulled me down, causing me to laugh as well. I settled down after a moment and laid on him.

"Happy with your new seat?" I asked and he ran a hand into my freshly shampooed hair. I had sneaked in a shower yesterday before coming back to my room, just so he wouldn't pull me out or join me. Gotta do what you gotta do. I leaned into his touch and hummed quietly, my eyes lidding as I stared at his handsome face. His skin was still so powdery smooth, and his eyes shone brightly with glee. He still had tons of issues to work out, but I made him happy nonetheless. This is the Tord I know and love. Though I still loved the other one too. All of the Tords. "Kiss me." I whispered and he eagerly did so, pressing his soft lips against my rougher chapped ones. He pushed the back of my head, forcing us into a deeper kiss. I carefully placed my hands on his shoulders and found a comfortable grip on them as our lips had a small battle. I was caught off guard by his tongue trying to pry my lips apart. Like an animal hungry enough to tear through bones. I opened my mouth and leaned forward, pressing against his body.

His tongue invaded my tongue with a new flavor, his flavor. Every day his tongue tasted different, in a strange inviting way. But I think I'm growing used to the strange sensation, it's practically a part of my every day diet. I pulled away before he could get too excited and close my mouth. He looked just like old Tord, without all of the scars. He seemed young and vibrant, with that glow in his eyes that made me melt inside. It was so comforting to me to see his face like this. "I love you, my sexy Norwegian boyfriend." I purred and pressed my horns against his. He stroked my hair and hummed. "I love you too, min lille beist." He muttered as his pale hand got tangled in the chocolate mess that happened to be my hair. "I missed you. I mean.. being in your lap, and seeing you look at me like that. I kind of missed it.. in a weird way." I rambled and looked away, flustered and embarrassed by my own behavior. He lightly kissed my cheek and pulled me close, coaxing my head into the tender crevice of his neck.

"I have been very out of it for a while. As a sort of coping and recovering state. But you've made me feel safe enough that I feel secure again." He tried to explain to me and played with the ends of my cocoa hair. I took a breath and allowed myself to relax under his care. "I'm also happy to be back, I didn't like feeling so weak and pitiful. But you still took care of me, and made me as happy as you could. And now I get the chance to return the favor." He spoke warmly, grateful for what I had done out of love. I closed my eyes and took in the warmth his body provided. I felt loved, and safe, and happy. Everything I needed for the day. Well except, my stomach rumbled to remind me that wasn't all I needed. I started to pull out my phone to call my chef, but he stopped my hand and took the device away from me. "I'll do it sweetheart, just enjoy yourself." He insisted as he swiped through my contacts. I yawned and pressed my stubby horns against his silky smooth skin, getting settled once more. Once he was done talking on the phone, he set it down and wrapped his arms around me. "Relax little lamb. The food will be here soon." He cooed and gave my ear a soft kiss. I eagerly took the offer and relaxed until I was practically melting in his embrace. This felt like home. This is my home. Not with Matt, not with Edd, not with Paul or Pat or my mom. Not with my favorite school teacher, or my little Tomee Bear. Not Susan or my bowling ball mom or my pineapple dad.

This.

This is my home right here.