Chapter Thirty-Five, Catch Up

Two Years Later

Tord's Perspective

I felt nothing. I felt nothing for so long. Maybe this is death, and there is no heaven. I could hear occasional noises, like the beep of a heart monitor or a nurse. I could hear my fathers when they cried. I heard Edd once, reconciling about lost times. I heard almost everything there was to hear in my state, at least once. But I never heard Thomas. This endless time that I've been trapped with eyes that won't open and a body that won't move, I've never heard his voice or felt his skin against mine. Every once in a while, which I was guessing was a day or week, I would feel my most loving father give me a kiss and hold my hand. He would talk to me and say things I didn't understand. He'd sing me to sleep sometimes, where I'd rest for an indefinite period of time. Every time that he came to be with me, I wanted to smile and tell him I loved him. One day, I awoke from a peaceful sleep to feel sense in my hand. I couldn't move it, but I tried for hours and hours.

When my father showed up, he gave me a kiss and a hug like usual. He then gently caressed my hand and held it. I really want to move now, and show him that I'm here. I wanted to so badly. After minutes of uselessly trying, my fingers actually moved. I heard Pat gasp. I couldn't really hear what he was saying clearly, none of my senses were working fully. My hand felt so sore and tired, like I hadn't moved in years. Maybe I hadn't. I could clearly hear Pat's comforting tone though, as he gave me more kisses and rubbed my hand. I think he told me that he loved me. I also think that he was rubbing my palm to gently stimulate the muscles in my fingers. It did feel nice, but I'm not sure how well it worked. My fingers did move again, as more of a twitch. I suppose a true coma would have me unconscious, but my demon blood has kept me conscious enough to hear everything and feel certain things. I relaxed more when Patryk held me in his arms.

I could hear him clearly as he spoke in my ear. "I missed you so much Tord.. I love you. I'm going to get the doctor, but I'll be back. I promise." I wish that I could say that I loved him as well, but he already knew anyways. I felt him let go of me and listened as he walked out of the room. After the doctor came in, I felt Patryk's hand gently rub mine. My papa was here for me, and I knew it always. They talked for a while, which I couldn't understand much at all. When they went silent, the doctor began doing many tests that would make a normal person react physically, but the only part I felt was when the doctor touched my hand. I attempted to pull my hand away from him, which came out as my hand twitching and slightly pulling away. My arm had moved a bit with it, which I didn't even know I could do. Patryk and the doctor conversed more before I heard the doctor sit on something next to my bed. I felt Patryk lean on the bed as he got closer to me.

"Tord, can you hear me like this? Try to move your hand if you can." He told me clearly, but not too loudly because he was close to my ear. I slightly twitched my hand and relaxed it as Patryk massaged it. I could practically feel his joy, even if I couldn't see it or hear it. "Can you feel it when I touch you?" He asked quietly and I moved my fingers, better than a twitch, but still not having complete control over my hand. He kept asking me questions like this for a while, before the doctor said something and Pat let my hand rest. I had to realize that I didn't remember what my parents looked like. I had some vague fragments of the concept, but I couldn't picture them in my mind. I couldn't remember what anything looked like. I could only remember my past, and even then I couldn't always recall it. I remember that I have one arm, and that Tom is my rival. I remember going on adventures with Edd, though I can't remember the visuals. I half-remembered things.

For the rest of the night, I could feel Patryk's comforting hand gently rub my hand. My sore hand got better at controlling itself as time went on, to the point that I could weakly hold Patryk's hand. At what Pat had deemed night, he helped me to settle my mind into a better state of rest. He gave me the usual goodnight kiss, and this time he even sang to me. He then reminded me that in the morning he would come back, and that hopefully I would sleep well. He also told me that he'll bring things to stimulate my senses, like a strawberry or peach. He knows I love peaches, they're my favorite fruit. He gave me a last goodnight kiss before easing my hand off of his own, walking off and closing the door. I could feel a form of sleep come to me rather quickly, with the comfort that I was finally waking up.