Chapter Fifteen, Close Call

Tom's Perspective

I awoke to the feeling of being gently shook and groaned, opening my eyes and squinting. Tord, who now had his oxygen mask removed, was gently shaking me. He stopped shaking me when I gave a grunt of annoyance, and we stared at each other. "You fell asleep on me, Tom." He told me and I tiredly rubbed my eyes. "No shit sherlock- any other words of wisdom-?" I said snark-ily and he sighed tiredly, laying back in the bed. He looked.. Depressed. "Ugh.. How are you today, little Ms. Sunshine?" I said sarcastically and he turned away from me. I guess he doesn't like my attitude. "Whatever, I'm getting coffee. And I'm not coming back until you get your weak ass up and get me yourself." I stated and got up, hesitating for a moment. I expected some sort of grab or power move, but he just laid there without moving. He didn't even look at me. I stared at his tired body and waited for any reaction.

Was he really that hopeless? He's just giving up? Bullshit. "Tord, say something. Look at me." I demanded and walked over to the other side of the bed. His eyes were closed, and he was breathing slowly. "... Whatever. Just don't get all depressed on me." I huffed and positioned him back in his bed probably, which resulted in my arm being one-arm-hugged by Tord. I carefully pulled away my arm and watched him as he peacefully slept. "Whatever.." I scoffed and walked away, feeling salty and weirdly anxious. I have to go and lead while Tord just lays in bed, being a lazy ass. I bet he's already healed and just wants to sleep in. I walked to Tord's bedroom to change and noticed that two guards followed me through the halls. I wanted to question them, but I'm way too tired for that. After arriving at Tord's room, I attempted to use the hand recognition pad to no use. "Hey, you two. Make yourselves useful and get me clearance to this room." I ordered the two guards, who just stood there looking confused.

I tiredly sighed and rubbed my eyes. "I'm his second in command- you know, Blue Angel?" I told them while they nervously looked at each other, still very confused. Did they not know what I was saying? "... Do you two speak English?" I asked and stared at the two soldiers who continued to stare back, utterly lost. "Uh- I'm guessing no? Fuck-." I groaned and quickly walked through the halls, finding two soldiers who were calmly talking while walking away. "You two, stop." I ordered and the soldiers halted in their tracks, turning and standing at attention. "Yes sir!" They both said and I caught up to them. "Get me entry access to Red Leader's room, now." I ordered and they both nodded, probably noticing my pin. "And please, get me some soldiers who can speak English." I added and glanced back at the nervous and embarrassed soldiers who had followed me. "Ah, yes of course. We will send soldiers immediately sir, and I apologize for the inconvenience." The young, blue haired female told me and walked away with the three other soldiers. Thank God, someone who listens and understands without question.

I waited patiently for soldiers to return, seeming as I still didn't have access to Tord's bedroom. Tord owes me big time for being "in charge" while he naps in bed. Really I think that the other co-leader general is running the show while I wait here, not able to do anything. Everything recently has been such a change for me, my mind is full. I was kidnapped, kept in a dungeon cell for two weeks and dragged around by an electric collar, shot Tord, watched Tord cry, video called Edd and Matt, and took the position of Tord's second in command. I'm so mentally tired. I want Smirnoff, or literally any alcohol that can get me drunk. I want to relax and forget about everything. Unfortunately for me, I can't do that right now. I was yanked out of my thoughts by a soldier walking up to me, looking rather suspicious. The older blonde was tightly gripping his gun in his arms, and he was avoiding eye contact with me. He stopped a short ways away from me and stared at me with a serious expression. This was definitely concerning behavior, especially with his gun out.

He didn't say a word, staring at me. What is he waiting for? "Soldier, what is your purpose?" I inquired, my feet begging me to run. Fight or flight? The answer is obvious, considering I don't have a weapon and I'm in a one-way hall down to Tord's bedroom. He continued to stay silent and cocked his rifle, not breaking eye contact with me. He finally spoke in a cold tone, his voice deep and threatening. "I missed once, but not again. I can't let a stupid nobody take over the position that my brother deserves." This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't raise an army full of psychopaths. How am I supposed to react now? What do I do? My fearful instincts kicked in, backing me up. He walked the same amount of steps as I did, never breaking eye contact with me. "Goodbye, "Blue Angel"." He mocked the title and readied the rifle, ready to spray bullets as he approached me. All of my muscles were tense, and my heart was throbbing. I was going to die so soon? My life will be over today, this early in the morning. And I don't even get to say goodbye to the people who care about me.

The mutinous soldier began to pull the trigger, and everything felt like it went in slow motion. That is, until a sharp metal object rammed into his neck, causing him to drop his gun on the floor. His eyes widened in surprise as he stumbled forward, gripping his now bleeding neck. I frantically turned my attention to the attacker, seeing a familiar Norwegian with only one arm. "Ha, I didn't realize I could throw with my left hand that well." He said with a grin, completely confident as always. I sighed in relief and looked at the soldier who was now on the floor, desperately attempting to scream in pain. "Hm.. I will put him out of his misery." Tord said with fake sympathy, slowly approaching the dying body. He yanked out the bloodied knife before raising his boot at the injured neck. I covered my eyes out of pity, not wanting to see the soul die painfully. I heard a loud snap, followed by an eery silence. There was a bit of gurgling, before I could feel in the air that a soul had passed.

Tord snickered and I returned my gaze to him. "Such a baby, you can't see a man die? You've killed people before too, have you forgotten?" He said in reference to some of my adventures with Edd. He's right, but I can't face seeing death now. "Whatever, you finally got your ass up eh?" I commented and he grinned with fangs showing. "Sure did, and nothing gets me awake in the morning like killing a man." He said and lightly kicked the dead body at his feet. "It's a shame really, Daniel was a good soldier. Just goes to show that you can't trust everyone around here." He said nonchalantly before walking past me towards his bedroom. "What about the body?" I asked as I walked beside him. "Ah, someone else can take care of it. I wouldn't bother touching that filth with my hands. His blood isn't special." He said dismissively and stopped at his bedroom door. "... What blood is special to you?" I asked curiously, though part of me didn't want to know.

Tord glanced at me before opening the door with his hand recognition. "Yours is, of course." He said and walked into the room. It left me confused, because I wanted him to elaborate. I just wasn't curious enough to ask, because it might be something disgusting. I followed him in before the door slid shut rather quickly. Tord began filing through his drawers, pulling out his usual suit but with a black tie. All that I had to do was open the box on Tord's bed. It had my casual outfit, which still looked very proper. I just enjoyed that the suit still had blue, and wasn't a terror-inducing red color. I flinched when Tord's hand brushed against my shoulder. "Thomas, I suggest bathing before getting changed. You have dried blood on you still." He informed me and sat down on his bed. We shared a moment of eye contact before I silently left to the bathroom with my new clothes. I had nothing to say, and a million things to say at the same time. I need time to wind down.

I closed the door to the bathroom, sighing in relief at the feeling of loneliness. I looked over at myself in the mirror, seeing a messy, unkept person staring back. My hair was very messy, my clothes were a mess, and I looked very tired as always. My hand found its way up to my neck, curiously touching the beautiful sapphire choker snuggly holding my neck. It still felt oddly soothing, but in a different way the before. I was getting too attached to the calming feeling of a collar or choker around my neck. I took off the laced choker and set it on the counter, stripping off the rest of my dirty clothes as well. I hesitantly pulled off my boxers, cringing at the sight of my nude body. I'm gross, as always. Maybe even more than usual. I didn't bother to look at my disgusting image in the mirror, instead closing the drain and turning on the hot water. I pulled out the same shampoos and body wash as last time, finding that I had enjoyed the results from their previous use. Once the tub was full enough for my satisfaction, I carefully dipped into the water. My skin disliked the contact at first before relaxing and enjoying the warm liquid. Soon I was laying in the tub, completely relaxed with my eyes closed.