Chapter Sixty-Two, A Cat's Day Off

This is just a little special for 5k readers :>.

Ringo's Perspective

I laid comfortably in the smelly laundry basket I loved to call home, which was covered in the lovely scent of my human. I looked around slowly, my eyes slowly taking in every detail of my habitat. There were lots of places I loved to sit, like on that weird beeping animal that made little clicking noises, but my human wasn't using it now. I couldn't just lay on something that wasn't warmed by my human's body heat. I slowly stood up and stretched, feeling the satisfaction of a good nap kick in. I hopped out of the bin and looked around, trying to find my favorite human. I slowly walked around the room, sniffing around for any trace of my human's fresh scent. I caught wind of my human nearby and followed it, ending up in the strange cold room the human visits daily. The one with that big seat that makes a loud bothersome noise. I looked up at my human who was using a shaking stick in his mouth, for some strange reason. I watched as he continued to run the stick around in his mouth, running circles around his legs.

I meowed as my human picked me up, but didn't resist. The vibrating stick stopped, and he dropped it into one of those fun sliding hidey-holes. For some reason, he always complains when I go into them. I got comfy in his warm arms as he carried me off somewhere, I didn't really care where. I watched as he opened the door and lead me out into the hall, full of all different kinds of humans. I ducked my head when the occasional human reached out to pet me, not wishing to get their filth on my perfect fur. We arrived at a large room full of delicious smells and humans making noises. My favorite room, though it's loud. I was carried into the kitchen and listened to my human make those strange noises, though I could sometimes make out what he called me. I like what he calls me, "Ringo" and "Kitty". Very easy to remember. I only call my human by meowing, which is very effective. I tried to get out of his grip so that I could eat all of the tasty smelling food, but he held on tight. I meowed in protest, however he seemed set on my misery. I eventually flopped in his hands as a last resort move, but he was used to my noodle tactics.

He carried me back into the large room full of tables to climb on and sat down, letting me sit on the table. I eagerly awaited the food that I knew was coming, I had done this routine for years. I walked around the table and meowed, hoping some passing stranger would feed me. Alas, they only attempted to pet me. What a sad life I lead. As soon as food arrived, I attempted to dive at my human's plate. As always, he pushed me back. But this time, there was another plate with him. Is this for me? I approached it and was again pushed back, causing me to pout. I watched as he quickly finished his food and picked up the still full dish, beginning to walk off. I followed him curiously. Where would he take this food? To another cat? That would be cruel. We started going into a place that smelled like gross people and chemicals. Sick people. Ew. I cringed at the scent, but still pursued my human. He stopped in a particular room, sitting in a chair and setting the dish aside. I hopped up into the chair next to him and stared at whatever he was looking at.

A human, cold and dull. He seemed hurt, but emotionally and not just physically. This is the man that feed me that pink milk. I meowed in an attempt to get his attention, and his frigid eyes locked onto my fluffy figure. I stared back and tilted my head, confused about his state. So cold and sickly, and tired. I slowly climbed up onto the bed, approaching his head and hands. I pressed my face against his cheek and purred affectionately as he began slowly petting me. I stared at his cold face and began licking it, curious as to how it tastes. It doesn't taste like before, weird. I sniffed him and meowed in protest as I was picked up. My human set me back on the chair and began gently feeding the sickly human with a metal stick. I watched silently, not particularly annoyed that I couldn't eat. I knew my human would feed me, he always does. I watched as my human leaned close to the one laying down, pressing his mouth against the strange one's forehead. Is he trying to eat the human? I tilted my head and watched as my human went back to feeding the weaker.

I was quickly distracted by the chunk of meat tossed my way, and eagerly began inspecting it before devouring it. I looked up to see who had given me such food, seeing that my human was about to throw another one. I happily devoured each piece he gave me, until he stopped. I settled in the chair and licked myself of any filth I might have picked up coming here.

After my human had generously fed the sicker one, he went in for another forehead... bite? And then scooped me up, carrying me back to what I assumed was my habitat. Once we arrived, I hopped off and skittered over to the bed. I looked up at my human expectantly, waiting for him to give me attention. He approached me and happily ruffled my fur, giving me plenty of love. I purred loudly and leaned into his touch, ecstatic to get such attention from my favorite human. He sat beside me and allowed me to climb in his lap, acting as the kind submissive he always was. He may act annoyed at my antics, but such a sap he was to not punish me. I brushed up against his clothing and let him pet my fur, enjoying the feeling of his warm hand toasting my body. I circled in his lap as I received pets before curling up. I naturally shuddered as his hand disturbed the fur along my spine. It was so strange to feel it bother me as I relaxed.

I meowed as a warning, which he heeded. He rested a single hand on my side, keeping me warm while also giving me space. My human is the best human, and nobody can meow otherwise. I started to calm my purrs as I drifted off for my usual catnap, safe in my human's hands. This was a good day, and it'll always be a good day with my human.

This was basically just a mini chapter for fun, I hope you liked it! I know you guys were worried about Ringo.