Chapter Twenty-Five, Normal Life

Tom's Perspective

The day went on like most other days in this place would, with Edd working on some art and Matt staring at himself in the mirror. I was comfortably pressed against the sofa with Susan in my arms, plucking the strings gently to get used to the feeling once more. My beautiful Susan in her original form. I had to dig into my memories to remember exactly how to play her, but I got the hang of it quite quickly. I played small melodies to myself as I began to think about things. As far as I know, I had gotten very drunk last night and passed out on the couch. I felt like a big part of me was missing, that I didn't even remember earlier this morning when Tord had guided me to bed. I don't remember my thoughts back then, or my feelings. All I remember is that something in my body and mind is very off. Some form of anxiety and stress from repressed memories hid deep in my mind, and I needed to understand them.

I don't get these feelings for no reason, and I know it. What did I do yesterday? Well, I was told that I got really drunk and probably passed out on the couch. I didn't remember anything else. I didn't remember the week before, and the last thing I do remember felt so long ago. I felt older than I was, being a young adult who was barely outside of what people consider a child. Why do I feel some sort of relief, seeing and holding items that I've had with me for so long? I have these fragments of memory that hide when I try to look into them now, but I know that they're existent. They can tell me what's going on right now. "Hey Tom, want to watch something on the television? Or go somewhere? We haven't really done anything with just the two of us in a long time." Matt suggested and sat down next to me, throwing my train of thought off of its metaphorical railing.

I turned to him with a strange look, which warranted a concerned expression from the young ginger. "Tom? Tom what's wrong? You've been acting so strange this morning, Edd and I talked about it. Do you need help?" He asked worriedly and approached me, moving closer. I leaned away from him and shook my head, staying quiet. "Let's watch The Princess Bride. You and Edd usually cheese about it together, but I want to watch him without you to talking the entire time." I suggested and hid my head in my soft blue hoodie. Matt reluctantly moved away from me and turned in the television before flipping through our disc binder, pulling out The Princess Bride. I watched as he put it into our dvd player and turned off the lights, going to fetch some snacks and a blanket before the movie started. I got comfortable once more on the couch and set Susan beside me, propped up on the arm of the couch.

Matt came back with some pretzels and a big thick fluffy blanket, which was my favorite community blanket that we had. I eagerly laid back as Matt draped it over the both of us. Matt started the movie and smiled at me nicely. I was comfortable again, not thinking about whatever it was. I leaned onto the taller male and fully relaxed as the movie started. It was nice to have a calm day, as opposed to having some crazy adventure that could kill us. I snuggled up to the ginger more when he wrapped an arm around me. "Comfortable?" Matt asked as I adjusted the warm blanket. I nodded in response, watching the movie intently. I missed being able to relax like this. Not exactly like this, because I never used to want to lay on Matt and watch a movie together. I just miss this calming feeling of constant safety. But why would I miss it if I've always had it?

I brushed off the thought and breathed in the scent I had never really cared about before. Matt's stupid cologne. It just smelled like ordinary men's cologne, nothing really special. And now I would smell like it too, because I'm semi-cuddling him. I watched the movie pretty calmly, enjoying the peaceful afternoon. It was quite apparent that something was wrong with me, both Matt and I knew it. We still enjoyed our time together regardless. About half-way through the movie, I heard footsteps along with a door opening and closing. I peaked over the couch to see Edd approaching with cola in hand. "Hi Edd." I simply greeted before slouching down once more and laying on Matt. Edd tiredly sat down on the couch next to me and slumped against the couch. He pulled up the snuggling blanket onto his tired body, sipping on Cola.

"Are you okay Edd?" I asked and pulled away from Matt's warm skin. "I don't know, I'm really tired today. I guess this last week has been a bit of a drain on me." He said and smiled slightly when I rested my head on his shoulder. "But this is a nice change of pace." He hummed contently and allowed me to lay on him. Ringo hopped up onto the couch and got in Edd's lap, purring when he got rubs from the both of us. Edd laughed when Ringo attempted to push me off so that he could have Edd all to himself. Ringo curled up in Edd's lap and purred loudly as he was showered in affection. "Ringo's the best isn't he? A little therapy cat." Edd commented and I rested my head on his neck. I wasn't really paying attention to the movie anymore, but it was nice background noise. "Pretty affectionate today, eh Tom?" Edd said and wrapped an arm around me to keep me from awkwardly squishing against him.

I nodded in response and bathed in his warmth, enjoying the moment. "Want to join, Matt?" I heard Edd ask, and I glanced over at the ginger. He seemed a bit jealous that Edd had stolen his snuggle buddy. I rolled my eyes and sat up, looking between the two boys. "I have an idea. Edd, lay on your back on the couch." I instructed the young artist, who complied. I then laid on my back in his arms, holding out my arms invitingly to Matt. Matt grinned and got into my arms, happily snuggling into my hoodie. I pulled up the blanket onto him and looked up at Edd who was smiling. "Smart thinking Tom." He praised and wrapped his arms around me, ruffling Matt's hair. Matt whined and pushed his hands away, quickly attempting to comb his hair.

I snickered and ruffled his hair as well, causing the young ginger to angrily screech at the both of us. I laughed and Edd joined as well, seeing the narcissist so pestered. "You threw off the emperor's groove!" Edd shouted with a grin. I rolled my eyes at the cheesy reference and watched Matt fix his hair while staring at his tiny compact mirror. "You look gay." I joked and Matt gave me a glare before continuing pruning himself. After the movie finished, we stayed on the couch cuddling together for a good while. "So should we go out for lunch?" I suggested and pulled my phone out of my pocket, searching up places nearby to eat. "Good idea, how about this coffee bar that's nearby?" I suggested and showed Edd my phone screen. "Sure, but is that really a good place for lunch-?" He asked and I went back to searching for other places near Durdam Lane.

"There's a burger place nearby, and a pizza place. And a sushi place surprisingly." I told him and handed him my phone once more. "I was kind of in the mood for a sandwich shop, but burgers are pretty much the same. Is everyone up for that?" He asked and handed me back my light blue phone. "I want onion rings!" Matt proclaimed and got up, fixing his frayed clothing. "Sounds good to me." I agreed as I continued to lay in Edd's arms. It was so warm, and comfy. Do I have to get up? "Come on Tom-cat, get up-." Edd punned and gently pushed me off of him. I reluctantly got off of the couch and stuffed my phone in my pocket. "Who's driving?" He asked as he took his keys out of his back pocket. "Aside from Matt- who's driving?" He said more specifically and turned to me, keyring jingling in hand. I rolled my eyes and snatched the keys from his hand, walking outside into the beautiful sunlight.