Chapter Nineteen, Hunter

Two Years Later

Tom's Perspective

I held Edd and Matt close and listened to the footsteps above of soldiers storming through the house, knocking over things and yelling. I could feel both of my dear friends shaking, fearful that their lives were on the line. I comforted both of the quivering men and assured them that we couldn't be found, but soon Matt was crying. Then Edd followed, and I had two blubbering idiots in my grasp. I sighed and gently coaxed the two towards our hideout within the basement, which was incase the soldiers did somehow get in. It was no bigger than a small walk-in closet, but was so concealed that no mortal could possibly find it. I held the two men who were fearfully crying, eventually calming them as the noises upstairs subsided. "See? They're gone. It's alright guys, we're safe." I whispered to both of them, smiling assuredly. Edd sniffled and hugged me tightly, followed by Matt. "T-Tom I'm scared.. What if they kill us..?" Edd whimpered, clinging to me extra tightly.

"I promise that they won't touch a hair on any of us, alright? We're safe here, and I'll protect you two with my life." I reassured them, sighing in relief when the two began to relax. I have to be strong and act tough for the both of them, because they look to me for strength. I'm the most naturally serious one of the trio, so it makes sense. "T-Tom... I'm cold." Matt whispered, shaking. It was very cold down here, and we can't kick on the generator until we know that the soldiers are gone. "Here, you can have my hoodie. I'm not that cold." I said and took off the same black hoodie I would wear occasionally, just as a memento. I helped Matt wriggle into it, smiling when Matt snuggled up to me once more. "Are we alright now? No more crying?" I asked and got a gentle nod from both of them. I held them closer and kissed both of their foreheads. "We can get out in a few minutes, but for now.. Want to watch some old memories on my phone? Y'know, just to help keep calm?" I offered, getting an immediate "yes" from the two who were snuggling into my shirt. It was pretty adorable, like having two cats in my arms.

I took out my phone from my jean pocket and began looking through my gallery, the two men pressed against me watching contently as I looked for old videos. I found one far back from when I had recorded the moment with an older hand-held camera, and then I had put it on my phone for safekeeping. I played the old memory, feeling as if I was brought back to that time. It was way back when Tord was living with us as a roommate, and Edd was baking a cake with his help. I was trying to cause mischief by stealing some of the cake batter, but was very quickly dismissed by Tord who was guarding the batter with his life. "You better not be trying to get this before it's ready- it's our two year roommate anniversary cake!" Tord said and shoved away my eager hand. I huffed in momentary defeat and backed off, watching from the entrance of the kitchen with camera in hand. That was the end of the clip, but I could remember what happened afterwards very clearly.

Tord literally had to tie me down to a chair and watch me while Edd frosted the cake. What a party pooper. I could feel how much the video had lightened the mood. These are the best memories of our lives, and I'm so glad that I insisted on recording them. I found the next video after a few moments of searching. I've watched this one a few hundred times. "Oh come on Tord! We should cherish these times while they last." Edd argued with the horn-haired male who was pouting on the couch. I was recording from the corner of the living room, where Tord would occasionally glance while looking pissed. "We seriously just got home, can't it wait?" He huffed and looked away from the persistent boy. "Well.. If you really don't want to, I guess we can go without you. I just thought you'd want some fun memories for later y'know?" Edd said and turned away, beginning to leave for his car.

Tord quickly stumbled after him and grabbed his arm. "Nooo- I want to go! I swear!" He whined, changing his tune. Edd smiled and laughed a bit before hugging the stubborn man. Tord hugged him back and smiled before looking at the camera. "Hey- are you going to use that the whole time?" He said with clear annoyance. He was never one to be soft on camera. "Yep, try and stop me Norski." Tom's voice said with clear amusement behind the camera. Tord rolled his eyes before smiling. "Fine, but only this time." He said before following Edd out the door. The video cut off after that, because I had to go with and get in the car. "God, I remember that.. We had so much fun in that amusement park." Edd whispered and Matt tilted his head. "This happened?" He asked and I sighed. Oh yeah, Matt doesn't remember any of that. "Yeah Matt, it happened a long time ago." I told him as I searched for another video. I quickly paused my action when I heard a suspicious noise out in the basement. The door was being opened.

I turned off my phone and held both of the tense males close, putting my hands on their mouths to keep them from making any sound. I heard a voice that I never wished to hear again. "Where are you~? I can smell your scents from miles away. I knew you would run, and now here you are~ hiding in a dingy old basement, just waiting to be caught." The heavy Norwegian accent purred out in a low rumble. I listened in hidden terror as footstep's approached our secret compartment. "If you come out right now, I'll let you live with all of your bodies intact." The Norski offered as his boots approached. "Here, I'll count down for you. Keep it simple. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five.. four.. three..." he fell silent, as if waiting for any sort of response. I tensed up completely as the wall next to our concealed door was aggressively punched. "Two." He continued as his hand slid along to a small, barely noticeable crevice. My heart pounded crazily as if I would die at this moment, and I probably will. Here with my close friends in my arms. "I'm giving you one more opportunity to get out by yourselves, so please do not waste my mercy." Tord warned, waiting for any sort of response. I slowly let go of the two quivering men and pushed out of the hidden compartment, face to face with Tord. "Very good boy Thomas~ you haven't forgotten your place even after all of this time." Tord teased and slowly slid his crimson knife along my jawline. I decided out of panic at that moment to play Tord's emotions. "I missed you Tord. Please take me back." I said with fake tears, tightly hugging the threatening demon in front of me.

Tord flinched and dropped his knife in surprise, seemingly taken aback by my actions. He hesitantly hugged me back and buried his face in my shoulder. "You mean it..?" He asked quietly, causing me to feel a bit guilty that I had done this. "Yeah Tord, I mean it. I really missed you. I miss the old you.. Remember? We lived together, all of us. We'd go on amazing adventures and have loads of fun." I told him and gently rubbed his back. He stayed eerily silent and leaned onto me, clinging to me like a desperate child. "... The soldiers will be down here shortly. Please do not resist." He said in a monotone voice, letting go of me. I stared down at the soulless man as he pulled out his gun and threateningly held it against my skull. "Don't move, or he dies." Tord said with a lack of emotion. "You'll all die right now if you don't listen to me."