Chapter Forty-Five, You're Emotionally Bleeding

That night

Tord's Perspective

I had decided to stay in Tom's room for the remainder of the day after getting lots of goodbye kisses from my papa. He was so sweet and understanding.. I didn't understand such an amazing man. Now I was comfortably settled in Tom's bed, watching television and eating dinner. I knew that soon, he would be back. I was nervous, but I was also overjoyed to know that I had a mate. Mostly nervous because of all the possibilities, good and bad. It made me feel antsy the entire evening. At around the late hour of 10:30 PM, he finally slinked into his bedroom with a tired expression. "How are you feeling? You look tired." I asked and he slinked into bed next to me. "I'm fine.. I just need a good night of sleep." He told me and turned off the TV. "Can we uh.. Do a different position than spooning this time?" He requested and I raised a brow. "Like what?" I asked and he gently kissed my cheek. "Like laying together.. Like this." He said before laying on his side, facing me. I repeated his action and smiled when he ran his hand through my hair.

"This is nice." I commented and leaned into his touch. He purred quietly and pulled my head closer. "I have wanted a mate for so long, I'm so happy." He purred out with a lovely smile. I stared at him in the darkness of the room, barely able to make out his figure. "... Do you uh... Do you... Ah- nevermind." I quickly retracted my question and sat up, turning on the lamp behind me. He playfully pulled me back down and wrapped his arms around me. "What was the question?" He insisted and I sighed. "It's embarrassing honestly, it's just a stupid preference." I mumbled with an ashamed expression. He cooed softly snd kissed my cheek. "You don't need to hide anything Tord.. I won't judge you, I promise." He reassured me and rubbed my cheek. "I.. I can't trust you that much yet." I admitted and his expression softened with sympathy. "I understand Tord. Just remember that I'm always here for you, okay? And were you asking about a nightlight? I saw one in your room when I stayed there." He guessed and I turned a light shade of pink.

"Well- yes- but it's alright- I just enjoy the light because it makes me feel safer." I admitted shyly and blushed more when he gently kissed my cheek. "How about I go fetch your nightlight, hm? It's not a hassle, and I want you to feel at home here." He offered and I smiled warmly. "You're too sweet.. Thank you." I said and kissed him. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss, rubbing my cheek gently. I hesitantly reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to relax as he kissed me. He pulled away from me slightly and stroked my cheek. "I'll be right back Tord, just to relax." He reminded me and forced himself out of bed, leaving me alone in a warm and comfortable bed. I pulled the sheets up over my body more and tried to get settled for the night. I waited patiently for Thomas, not wanting to be rude by complaining that he took so long. My room was rather far away compared to his, I don't blame him.

He later returned with a nightlight in hand, plugging it into a nearby socket and smiling at me. "Thank you Thomas." I politely said and watched as he began peeling off his layers of clothing. "I can't sleep in my uniform even if I'm very tired-." He explained and dropped his clothing into a clothing bin. Now that he was comfortably stripped down to just his boxers, he climbed in next to me once more and placed his hands on my waist. "Is that better?" He asked, referring to the nightlight. "I dunno, let's see." I responded and turned off the lamp, shifting in his grip. The only light in the room was a soft orange glow from my nightlight on the wall. "Yeah, that's better." I told him and smiled, resting my head on his neck. My body relaxed fully as Thomas slowly massaged my hip and purred softly in my ear. "Goodnight then Tord, sleep well." He purred in my ear, giving my cheek a gentle kiss. I closed my eyes and slowly shifted my arms into a comfortable position, which ended up as lightly resting my hands on Tom's chest.

I still felt overwhelmed by how fast our relationship had exceeded friendship. "Tom.." "Yes Tord?" "... Are you my mate..?" I asked barely above a whisper. I listened for a reply and felt his hand slowly run through my hair. "What do you want me to say?" He asked and breathed down my neck. I shuddered and blushed more as he purred in a deep tone, sounding somewhat like a growl. "I don't.. I don't know." I responded honestly. I really wished that I could have a mate, that mate being Tom, but I don't think I'm worth all of that. I don't think that I can maintain a relationship. "Well I'm sure that we can figure it out eventually." He assured me and continued to slowly rub my hips. "Just relax." He hummed and pressed his lips on my neck. I breathed slowly and let myself melt in Tom's arms. I felt his hot breath rhythmically sweep across my shoulder and down my back as I let my mind drift from consciousness.