Chapter Sixty-Five, I Feel Sick

Tord's Perspective

A few weeks later

Okay, this was definitely not just a cold or the flu. Maybe I got a parasite somehow? I need to go for a checkup in the medical facilities, that's for sure. I pushed myself out of bed, groaning and holding my bloated stomach. That's another annoying unexplainable symptom as of late. I suddenly grew extremely bloated. And not just fat, otherwise I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable. I got dressed into a comfortable sweater and shorts, which felt best on my bloated body. I carefully put on some long black socks while sitting on the bed, looking over at the picture on Tom's nightstand. It was a picture of Edd and Matt and him before the incident that I caused. I frowned slightly before getting up and slipping on loafers, which I preferred because I didn't need to tie the laces constantly. I walked out into the hall and began the journey to the medical center, still tired and without breakfast. I wasn't yet used to taking care of this needy human body.

Once I arrived, a nurse gave me her attention and brought me back to one of the private rooms. A luxury of being a higher-up. "What seems to be the problem sir?" She asked as I sat down and got comfy. "Well I'm having a lot of problems like nausea and bloating. It's getting to the point that I just lay in bed because I don't want to move." I sighed and she nodded, approaching me. "Could I see the bloating?" She asked and I nodded, pulling up my shirt past my bloated belly. She kneeled down and gently felt the bloating area. "It is quite bad. Your organs may just be inflamed because of how sick you've been. How long has this been going on?" She asked and stopped touching my skin. "Maybe a month already. It's been to long for a simple flu." I told the kind raven-haired woman. She looked to be wracking her brain of all the possibilities at the moment. "I have to check your medical files, one moment." She told me and stood up, typing away on the computer. I waited quietly and pulled my dark red sweater back down, enjoying the warmth that returned. I tapped my feet on the cold tile floor, humming to myself.

After a few minutes, she folded her hands together and turned to me. "It says here that you have ability to change your body to fit your mood. And that would include being intersex. Is that correct?" She asked for confirmation and I nodded. "Have you changed into a woman recently? Or at the very least, had a womanhood?" She asked and I blushed slightly. I was sort of ashamed that I could. "A few months ago. Why?" I responded and she awkwardly stared at me, as if not knowing how to word what she thought. "Just to make sure, you didn't have sex while having this womanhood?" She asked and I stared back, trying to process what she was talking about. There was a long, awkward pause as both of us shared the idea that she had been getting at. "... I did." I said barely above a whisper. She looked absolutely baffled, never having had to deal with an intersex person before. A shapeshifter at that. "I-I'll get the doctor- wait right here sir." She told me before quickly leaving the room with visible distress. I was also similarly distressed, as I had never even thought about the possibility of pregnancy. Or being a woman. I only did it that one time because I felt safe. I didn't know how stupid that was of me. Fuck.

I groaned and covered my face. God fucking damnit. No wonder I haven't changed back to a guy. I didn't want to tell anyone. Fuuuuck. Hopefully this is all a false alarm, and I'm not pregnant. I can't be. I'm not ready for that kind of thing. I sat in silence, reflecting on my own thoughts and actions as I waited. I heard the door open and looked up at the doctor who had come in. She sat down with the nurse following her, standing beside her with a worried expression. "Hello Tord. I'm Doctor Anderson, and Delaine tells me that you've been doing some very risky things. Now, we won't jump to any conclusions of course, but a pregnancy test is not hard at all and would take only a few moments. Would you be willing to do that at least to rule out the possibility?" She asked and I tensed, gripping the bottom of my sweater. I didn't know what to think about all of this. She had noticed my anxiety and smiled nicely. "Don't worry Tord, there are lots of ways to treat this. We just need to figure out what "this" is, and we'll take care of it. You're in good hands." She assured me and I sighed, nodding.