Chapter Thirty-Two, Artistic Liberties

Tord's Perspective

I awoke the next morning to feel Patryk gently pulling away from me, attempting to not wake me up. "Papa.. Papa." I muttered half-awake and grabbed him, keeping him from leaving the bed. Pat stopped and gently rubbed my hand. "Yes son?" He responded quietly and I opened my good eye. "Don't go." I said and gently tugged on his shirt. He chuckled and laid next to me, gently kissing my cheek. I turned to face him and stared at him tiredly. "I guess I can't argue with you, you are my boss." He said with a smile and settled down, holding me close. I happily snuggled up to his warm body, purring loudly. I smiled when Paul tiredly pulled the both of us into a hug. "Will you two stop moving around-." He tiredly grunted and Patryk chuckled. "Yes of course love, I'm sorry." He said and got comfortable holding me. I rested my head under his chin and calmed my breathing as my sleepy state coaxed me into a second round of rest.

I was later awoken by the feeling of Patryk's hand slowly stroking my cheek. "Tord sweetheart, you have to wake up." He said in a soft voice and I shifted, groaning. "Nooo- five more minutes mom." I tiredly grumbled and smiled slightly when he laughed. "Tord, you can't sleep forever. You need to be a big boy and lead your army." He told me and I huffed. "Pleaaase- at least give me time to wake up-." I pleaded and yawned. "Yes of course... breakfast is ready when you're up for it." He told me and covered me up with the fluffy blanket that was loosely draped on me. After a few minutes of letting my brain wake up, the smell of bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls kicked in. I sat up and looked around the room excitedly, wanting to see the delicious breakfast I had sensed. Patryk was happily munching on a cinnamon roll as Paul helped him put on his boots. It was a cute sight. I carefully got out of bed and winced, feeling my robotic arm malfunction again. I had slept on it, and now it was more injured than before.

"Papa, can you help me take off my arm? It's really hurting me." I said and approached the man who had just finished his glazed cinnamon roll. "Oh yeah, sure sweetheart. Just wait a moment." He said and I sat down next to him. I watched as Paul playfully kissed Patryk's hand and stood up. "I better be off to my shift now, good-bye kiddies." He said and Patryk gently pulled him down by his collar. "You better give me a kiss, or we're gonna have some problems." He said with a smirk. Paul grinned and gently kissed him before kissing my forehead. "Bye bye you two, I'll see you for dinner." He said with a warm smile and left the room. "Father's so nice, isn't he?" I commented and Paul gently pulled up the sleeve near my robotic arm. "Yes he is." He hummed and carefully disconnected my robotic arm. "Do you want me to take off the connective plate too?" He asked and I rubbed my sore shoulder. "... Yeah, I think so." I replied unsurely and watched him take out the med-kit.

"Don't look Tord, you know how sensitive you are." He said in a soft voice. I turned away and closed my eyes, wincing when the plate disconnected from my shoulder. It burned and made me feel ten times worse than getting a shot, but it didn't last long. I felt an alcohol wipe gently wipe my injured skin. "You can look if you'd like, I'm about to cover it up though." He told me and I hesitantly looked at my injured shoulder. It looked pretty pathetic, but at least it's not any worse. Patryk carefully wrapped up my scrapped shoulder and picked up the robotic parts. "I'm guessing you want to go down to your lab to finish up your new arm?" He guessed and I attempted to rub my shoulder, being gently reminded not to. "Yeah, but first I'd like some breakfast." I responded and watched him set down the pieces, taking out a full plate from the mini-fridge. "I'll help you eat, I know how hard it is for you to use just one arm for most things." Patryk said and helped me to eat a delicious breakfast.

"So what do you have planned for today Red Leader?" He asked and I licked my lips to taste the blueberries I had just eaten once more. "Well, after I finish up my new arm, I'll go give Thomas hell as always." I told him confidently and smiled when he ruffled my hair. "You little demon~ you're so evil." He teased and I purred. "Well, let's go Tord." He said and helped me get up. He picked up the robotic pieces and lead me through the halls towards my personal laboratory. "So what's all this I've been hearing about your new arm having a blaster built in? You tryin' to be Tony Stark?" He joked and opened the door for me. I snorted and shook my head, knowing that the scientists who had cracked that joke and spread it were messing around. "No, no blaster. It's just a normal, very strong robotic arm that's more durable than the one I have now. It is able to sync to my computer systems though, which is nice. I'll show you how it works when I've finished the outer layer of waterproof and scratch resistant coating. I'm basically done." I told him and walked into the lab.