Chapter Thirty-Eight, Sleeping Beast

Tord's Perspective

I awoke in the freezing cold cell still laying on the ground, my whole body aching. At least my injuries had mostly healed from last night, as Tom suggested. I shakily got up and shuddered from the cold. My whole body was begging for any sort of warmth as I held myself and shivered. My back was still hurting when I attempted to move, but it was only a sore pain. Not nearly as bad as last night's scream-worthy pain. I observed that I could see my breath as I waited for Tom to come and release me, but I waited longer than I imagined he would force me to be here. Long enough for me to realize the beautiful rings on my hand were broken. That motherfucker. I would have taken off the busted rings, if not for the fact that I still only had one arm. I also had heavily injured fingers, so I couldn't remove them with my working hand. So I waited. I waited for hours as my hungry body got colder. Eventually I was laying on the cold floor with closed eyes, behaving as if I was dying.

I was suffering, but I mostly did it because I was feeling a tad dramatic. I opened my eyes when I finally did hear a noise. It was the noise of footsteps approaching. I slowly sat up to see Tom walking to my cell, with a soldier following him. He made eye contact with me and opened the door, walking over. "So, how's the life?" He asked and beckoned over the soldier he was bringing with. I didn't reply and just glared at the man standing over me. He crouched down and slowly stroked my scarred cheek. "I hope you're feeling better." He said without any hint of actual remorse. He took the blanket that the soldier held for him, gently wrapping me up. "I'll take care of you Tord, come and follow me." He beckoned and helped me stand. I shivered and tried to relax my spine by shifting my weight onto Thomas. Tom supported me and rubbed my injured spine. "You're being pitied, otherwise I'd keep you in here for at least two weeks." He told me and I shivered.

I didn't care about revenge at this point, I just wanted to relax. "I'll let you off the hook if you say that you've learned your lesson." He said and I stared at him. I really wanted to punch him, but I suppose he's just making me feel like he felt. "I learned my lesson, you beast." I spoke through my teeth. "Fine then, come along." He said and led me through the halls while helping me walk. He brought me to his room, which I hadn't seen before. It was navy blue and full of various memorabilia from his apartment. "Welcome to your new home, captor." Tom purred with amusement. I sighed and laid down on the warm and fluffy bed. "Make yourself at home." He said and gently rubbed my sore back. I slowly blinked and closed my eyes. It felt really nice to lay in a fluffy warm bed. "Here I'll be nice. Lay flat for me, okay?" He requested in a soft tone. I glanced back at him before laying down like he ordered, flat on my stomach.

I cringed at the strange feeling of soft gel being massaged into my back. "This should help you feel better." He told me and I closed my eyes. It felt really nice as he slowly rubbed his usually rough hands against my skin. The strange substance smelled like chemicals and cherries. I lightly clawed at the material below me as my injured back was treated. "Try not to lay on your back while this is setting in, okay?" He advised me and gently massaged my hand with the cold gel. "Oh, are these rings?" He curiously commented before slowly removing the shattered rings. "... Ah... These are very expensive." He said with a hint of guilt. I watched as he set the fragments in a small box. "Who gave you these? I can order another set for you." He asked and I sighed. "I don't know who, it was a soldier who gifted them to me. As a sign of respect." I hissed and winced when Tom picked up my hand, gently massaging my healing fingers. Once he was done, he cleaned his hands with a tissue and laid next to me.

"I have to go back to my job soon, but I'll come with dinner for you. Just try to rest up, okay?" He said in a soft tone. I stared at the man and smiled when he slowly stroked my cheek. "Sorry for beating you up, but you totally deserved it." He said with a chuckle. "True." I responded and closed my eyes as his thumb caressed my cheek. "Do you need anything before I go?" He asked and I shook my head. This was enough for now. "There's dinner in an hour, but I'll bring you some soup to tide you over." He told me and I nodded, internally whining when he removed his hand. "I'll be back with the soup, don't you dare move." He warned and walked off. I laid in silence and buried my face in Tom's soft pillows. I breathed in the strange scent of the room, which was a mixture of alcohol, sweat, and Tom. It wasn't a bad scent, I was used to Tom having all of those smells. It was just so intense that I could breathe and smell Tom's scent. Especially since I'm in his bed. For the remainder of my alone time, I was focusing on Tom's distinct scent. It made me feel strangely calm, even though usually it made me aggressive. I'm guessing it's because he's acting nurturing right now.

Once Tom returned with a warm bowl of soup, he helped me set up a small lap tray to help with the fact that I couldn't keep the bowl stable and eat with only one arm. "Thanks..." I muttered and looked away. Tom seemed to stare at me for a moment, considering something. "Goodbye for now, I'll come back for dinner like I said." He spoke before turning down the lights for me and closing the door, locking it. I think being trapped in here is a much easier punishment to deal with. Sure, I could pick the lock or disable the hand-activated system, but I was okay just laying here and eating warm soup. I did feel slightly sick due to my hunger yesterday, however I ate slowly and made sure to not choke on the chunks of chicken. I've always liked soup, and this was a fairly healthy way to bring me back into the habit of eating as far as I could tell. After I had finished my meal, I carefully set the tray down on the floor next to the bed. I didn't have anywhere else to put it, after all. I laid down on my now dry back, pulling up the covers. I needed a good rest after all of this. I tucked away my thoughts and shifted onto my side, mostly because it was more comfortable and took weight off of my spine. Once I got settled in the comfortably plush bed, my mind easily allowed me to rest.

I stirred to the feeling of weight being added to the bed, as well as the noises of clothes shifting. I didn't bother to look, because I knew who it was and I was too tired. I listened as the man in bed next to me hummed and shifted a lot before laying down. "What an eventful day. And now I had to be stupid and keep a man in my bed just for a taste of his own medicine. How bothersome." He groaned and I tensed when a hand slowly ran from my shoulder all the way down to my leg. He deeply sighed and pulled his warm hand away from my body. "Well, if he's going to sleep then I guess I'll wait with his dinner until he's up." He thought out loud and laid down next to me.  My body tensed up more when the male behind me wrapped his hands around my waist. "I'm not going to lie, you looked pretty amazing under my wrath. I should show you who's boss more often." He muttered softly and placed his jaw in the nook of my scarred neck. I could hear him breathing deeply to smell his surroundings. He was smelling me.

I could feel his breath sweep across my neck in a cloud as he behaved like a dog, curiously smelling the air. "Hm.. you smell so timid. You smell like fear, but now that I've got you here, you smell like a submissive little bitch." He purred in my ear. It's like he knows I'm awake, but he's probably doesn't know. I held back the urge to pull away when a sharp tooth grazed my ear. The fang found itself comfortably buried in my earlobe, but not biting enough to make me bleed. I relaxed as time passed and Tom continued to gently gnaw on my ear or sometimes the space between my neck and my shoulder. By how large the set of jaws was, it seemed he had changed forms halfway to beast. That made sense, because I could feel a bit of fluff on my back and his hands felt a bit larger in proportion. I started to feel tired again as Tom's jaws settled on teething on the base of my neck. It seemed he was also getting tired, because his breathing became uniform and slow. With his teeth still comfortably teething my neck, he slept like a baby. I followed soon after, with my mind focusing on the warm male wrapped around me.