Chapter Sixty-Nine, What is This Place

Nice

Tom's Perspective

I shifted and fell off of my bed, landing on a soft carpeted floor. Hey, this isn't like the medical center's floor. I slowly opened and blinked my tired eyes, rubbing away the wet slime. My back definitely hurt from falling off, I wasn't one to shrug off pain quite like Tord did. I shakily got up and felt many places in my body pop loudly. My back felt very sore and painful as I got up carefully. I got up using the bed-frame as an aid and groaned, rubbing my sore back. I looked around and shivered, my body suddenly very cold. I was in my room, but things were different than before. My room was a different color, my bedsheets were black instead of blue, and there was so much different furniture. Some things in boxes or on the ground, or in pieces that needed to be put together. I jumped out of my skin when the door opened and a voice aggressively spoke. "What are you doing in my room Tom? Seriously, get out." A familiar Norwegian scoffed. I stared at the young demon with wide black eyes and my mouth opened slightly. I didn't know how to react at all.

He approached me with balled up fists and narrowed his eyes. "Just get out alright Thomas, what's wrong with you? Are you high?" He spat and grabbed the collar of my hoodie. I immediately held onto his wrist and tried to force his hand into releasing me. I still couldn't speak, my whole mind was so confused. This was my room. "Tord stop all this noise-! Come on, you're better than this." I sweet cola-obsessed brit scorned before smacking the back of tord's head. He winced and let me go, turning his furious attention to Edd. They squabbled for a bit while I tried to come up with a decent reaction. Or even just words to say. But I'm so confused, it's so hard. After a while of bickering, Tord turned back to me with Edd tightly gripping his ear. He looked so pissed, his teeth were clenched and he was fuming. Edd just acted like this was a regular Tuesday. "Listen- I'm- ugh- ssss... Sss- ow-! I'm sorrrryyy for trying to hurt you. But leave my room." He huffed and Edd hummed contently, letting go of his ear.

I stared at the two of them, clearly baffled. "But this is my room.." I muttered and Tord sighed, approaching my skiddish self. He placed a hand on my back and guided me out of the room. "Listen, I know you've been really stressed lately, but this is a new situation. I'll just bring you to your room, and you can go back to sleep okay?" He spoke softly. I nodded a bit and let him guide me back to what would be my old room, before Edd put water in it. Now I'm a little less confused, but I still have so many questions. Like why were there boxes? I felt a bit dumb being tucked into bed, like I couldn't do it myself. Tord gently removed my hoodie and folded it up, placing it on my nightstand. "You can have more medication in the morning, but maybe we should talk to your doctor about an afternoon dose. You always get so strange when it wears off." He spoke as if I was an animal. Like I was just an inconvenience that needed to be fixed with pills.

I suppose it makes sense coming from old Tord, which is young Tord. "But... But I don't need medication." I protested and Tord gently rubbed my arm, trying to sooth me. "Listen, I know you're sad because you can't drink, but these meds are helping you. They aren't hurting you Tom." He tried to reason. I felt so off, feeling him comfort me. Maybe I do have some sort of condition that makes him pity me, but why would I? Where did it come from? "Do you want a glass of milk or something? You can't have alcohol, but I know you've been downing that milk like crazy." He offered and I nodded, shifting onto my side. I watched as Tord left the room, leaving me to my own thoughts. Alone. What condition do I have? Is it a mental illness? The way he talks about it seems to indicate that. And he also talks about it like I'm a little baby who needs help out of my own control. I hope that isn't really true, and Tord is just being a cold dick.

Tord came back with a glass of milk and crouched down to my level. "Well come on then, sit up if you're going to drink it." He told me and I nodded, slowly sitting up. He handed me the glass and hovered a hand under it like I would drop it. Hmph... At least he's letting me drink it myself. I choked while drinking and coughed a lot, dropping the glass into his hands. He set it aside and lightly hit my back to help me cough more. After coughing for a few minutes, I could breathe better and panted. "See, you always choke on things like that. It's so funny, but I'm not sure why you do it." He pointed out and slowly rubbed my back. I took a few more deep breaths and went back to drinking milk like nothing happened. After I finished the glass, Tord set it aside and coaxed me into laying down. "Now let's have a nice little nap hm? You'll feel a lot better in the morning when Edd brings you your medicine..." He whispered and covered me up once more. I felt so sleepy, listening to his voice. Even though I knew it was younger Tord who didn't love me. I closed my eyes and hugged Tomee Bear tightly, squeezing the plush affectionately. Tord's hand slowed down before pulling away. "Alright Tom, goodnight... Try to get some rest." He whispered and left the room. I was a bit upset that he had left, his presence comforted me even in this world. This strange new world. I fell asleep quite easily with my favorite bear in my arms.

I awoke later to a sudden loud crash of thunder striking the sky. My room lit up from a flash of lighting, and my eyes flew open in panic. I sat up quickly and looked around, my heart racing. My gaze stopped on the digital clock on my nightstand. It was 4:49 AM, not a great time to be awakened. I stumbled out of bed and set down Tomee Bear. I wouldn't be going back to sleep any time soon, and I had a feeling everyone else was also wide awake. Who could sleep through that? I left my room and ventured towards the living room, where I could relax and wait until the storm was over. I curled up on the couch and turned on the television, flipping around until I found something that fit my taste. I ended up watching a cooking competition, which kept me occupied for a while. I heard noises from the kitchen, but chose to ignore them. As a result of my ignorance, I was startled when I heard Tord's voice. "You're awake too? That thunder was incredibly loud. Ah, did you know my name means thunder? I find it very fitting." Tord stated as he sat down beside my curled up form. I relaxed my tense body and smiled sleepily when he offered me a chip.

I munched on it and sat up, sitting uncomfortably close to Tord. The Norski didn't seem to mind the show I had on, otherwise I know he would've complained about it. "Tom, I had the strangest dream last night. I know you wouldn't mind me talking about it, it's not like you can stop me." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes invisibly. "I had a very strange dream about my insides bleeding out everywhere. I was sort of.. hiding in some strange closet and holding myself. I kept hearing demons in my ears." He told me as he munched on perfectly crisp chips. I listened curiously and stole a chip as he spoke. "And I was all alone. It was so quiet, I felt very scared and vulnerable. Such a strange dream, more like a nightmare now that I think about it. I don't remember what the demons were whispering about, but it was truly maddening." He told me and allowed me to take another chip from the bag he had with him. It does sound like a strange dream, kinda gross too.

I felt like I was forgetting something, something that dream made me think of. "Oh by the way, my parents are coming over today for Easter. You better not be a little prick, I mean it." He said in a threatening manner. "Yeah whatever Commie, at least I get to meet your parents." I huffed and slowly pulled the bag of salted potato chips out of his hands. He slapped my wrist and yanked it back, clearly annoyed. "You're such a bother sometimes, I hate you." He snarled and pushed me to the opposite side of the couch. I glared harshly at the demon and stayed with my legs pressed up against my chest. Well, at least he isn't cussing me out. Maybe he's changed in this strange world, for the better.