Chapter Sixty, Third Eye

Tom's Perspective

After a tiring day of politics and people trying to murder me at a speech to the public, my boyfriend was gently massaging my back with a fruity smelling lotion. "Does that feel better baby? I know how tense you were." He asked and I slowly kneaded the mattress. "Oh yeah, that feels amazing babe. Keep going." I groaned in relief and relaxed fully as he slowly massaged my shoulder muscles. I closed my eyes and relaxed my breathing, letting myself go. "God that feels good." I groaned and he chuckled. "You really love this don't you, min kattunge?" He hummed and I nodded as his hands slowly moved down my back. It felt so amazing to have my muscles relax after how tense they've been. I looked back at my partner as much as my neck would allow it and smiled. He smiled as well and kissed my cheek. "You have such a beautiful smile Tom." He cooed lovingly and slowly turned my head back to the pillows. "But you'll hurt your neck, stupid. We can be lovey-dovey afterwards, just relax for now." He told me and I nodded, burying my face in the plush pillows.

After having a lovely massage, tord propped me up and laid on me. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my horns against his forehead gently as a sign of affection, which he seemed to enjoy. He laughed and placed a hand on my cheek, staring at me with warm eyes. "I'm so happy that I have you Thomas, even if it cost me my whole life." He whispered and leaned closer. I took the cue and kissed my sweet boyfriend, purring quietly as he rubbed by cheek. He slowly ran his hand through my hair and pushed me down onto the pillows. I opened my eyes slightly and looked at my vulnerable boyfriend. He looked truly happy like this. I pulled away from the dear kiss and continued to stare at my boyfriend. "I love you Tord." I whispered and he gently nuzzled my nose. "I love you too Tom." He hummed and slowly pet my hair. I purred and tried to nuzzle his hand, failing repeatedly. He giggled and kissed my cheek. "You're hilarious babe." He giggled and I smiled, laughing a little as well. "Ahh.. I'm getting really tired, even if this is fun." He said and relaxed as I pulled up the blankets over the both of us. He buried his face in my chest and breathed in deep, relaxing on me.

A memory stirred in me, one that I hadn't thought about for a long time. "Tord." I said to get his attention, and it worked. "Yes love?" He hummed and looked up at me with lidded eyes. "That dream.. You knew about it. What was that dream Tord?" I asked, and he sighed tiredly, closing his eyes. "Not now Thomas. I'll tell you later, okay?" He mumbled and rested his head on my chest. "... Of course my love. Goodnight." I said and laid my head back onto the pillows, going to sleep for the night. "Goodnight Thomas, I love you." He tiredly yawned and I slowly rubbed his back. "I love you too." I responded and tiredly blinked before closing my eyes. Even if I hadn't gotten my answer, it didn't bother me terribly. I was with the man I loved, and that's all that matters to me.

I awoke at night to the strange noise of something outside of our door. I tightened my grip on the sleeping male under my protection and listened to the noises as they continued. It was the distinct sound of a lock being picked, and two hushed voices. I quickly shook my boyfriend and covered his mouth so that he was silent. His eyes shot open and he stared at me with worry. "People are breaking in Tord. Be very quiet." I whispered to him and let go of his mouth. He quickly got off of me and reached into his open suitcase, taking out defensive weaponry. I on the other hand approached the door swiftly and silently, standing at the door and jamming it with furniture from the hotel. "Oi Kevin, the door isn't budging. This shit is expensive." A hushed voice whisper-yelled to the other. "Give me a go at it, maybe you're just defective." The supposed Kevin barked quietly and swiped something that made a metal jangle. They would be stuck at it for a while, because of me blockading it and shoving a chair under the handle. Even if they get it unlocked, they won't have much luck.

I turned to my boyfriend to see him calling the authorities like a responsible person. I'm proud of him for not wanting to fight them on his own, but I haven't any time to congratulate him. I pulled out my own phone and called the hotel security. If the cops can't arrive on time to arrest them, at least they can be apprehended. "Oi do you think Lucile is having any better luck with the window?" The unnamed voice whispered and I drew a breath. Tord was right beside the balcony, and the curtains were drawn where he couldn't see it. I silently attempted to get his attention by using grand gestures, but it seemed to be too late. The balcony doors swung open violently, and I raced over to grab him before Lucile could. Tord had a quick reaction to whip around with his gun, but it was met with a gun over his shoulder in my direction. I froze in my tracks and Tord stared back at me with a look of fear. Not true fear as he once may have felt for his own life, but the fear of losing his loved ones.

Tord yelped and attempted to resist as the female in disguise pulled him out onto the balcony by his neck. He stumbled back and stared at me, seemingly with a plan. He looked at the gun over his shoulder and aggressively kicked his attacker from behind before taking the gun as his own. The woman attempted to tackle him, but froze once the gun was aimed at her. A loud sound came from the balcony in the form of a gun firing, and a second figure was shown through the flapping curtains. Tord shook slightly and grasped a heavily bleeding wound, but kept the gun in position. I definitely need to do something fast, but what can I do? I can take a bullet for him, if I really need to. I definitely need to right now. I quickly got onto all fours as I rushed forward, tackling the male to shield him from the oncoming. I cried out as bullets raced into my back, but refused to budge. Tord seemed terrified having to hide under me, seeing me protect him from the danger. I started to transform, but it was abruptly interrupted by half a dozen tranquilizers digging into my back.

I tensed up and attempted to remove the sedatives, but started to feel it take affect. My mind felt dizzy and soft as I naturally calmed down. I tried my hardest to fight the urge to give in, but it was overwhelming. I was forced to relax my muscles, and my head hit Tord's bloody shirt. I looked up at the demon with a weak expression of hopelessness. He comforted me and didn't let me look up at the threats at hand. "Just go to sleep Tom..." He whispered and ran a hand through my hair. I whined as he was picked up and pulled away from me. I couldn't get up, save him. But I know what I can do, maybe. I've never done it before, and I'll pass out soon. I closed my eyes and pressed my head against the stone balcony floor, focusing. I was barely holding on, but that's all I needed. I felt a pair of hands slowly picking up my limp body, accompanied by another because of my added weight. I had transformed somewhat, after all. I stayed unresponsive, barely unconscious as I reached into the unknown. I hope I don't regret this.

I opened my Third Eye and looked around the hotel in a much different light. Everything was blue and white, and I could see the souls of the people dragging my limp body away. I looked around for the soul I sought, spotting a blazing soul through walls and floors. I pushed out of my physical body and raced towards the demonic soul. I halted a few feet away from the fiery spirit, reaching out to it in my ethereal state. It reacted to my touch, showering sparks out from it and tugging my hand in. I curiously tilted my head before getting back to the task at hand. I grabbed the soul of the aggressors taking my boyfriend and pushed them into my spirit mouth, swallowing both souls easily. It felt strange to swallow two beings, but it kept them from continuing on. The two lifeless bodies dropped my bleeding lover, leaving him on the ground. I approached his fiery soul, noticing how it got smaller and cooler. I bent down and held the dying soul in my hands, slowly rubbing it.

The soul melted at my touch, turning into a pile of goop. I cringed at the strange feeling, but didn't move my hands. It was extremely warm, like melted wax. I was practically holding liquid fire, but couldn't be burned. I slowly placed the melted soul back into its rightful owner, watching it reform into a fireball. I picked up his body, though it was hard in this form. I cradled it and jumped out of the building, bringing him through the walls with me. I phased through what would have been many hours of travel, greatly testing the bind I had with my body. I felt barely able to move from the restrictions my soul had, so far away from my body. I dropped the bleeding half-conscious boy on the floor of the base's medical clinic, and felt a snap inside of me as something hit my body. I was teleported back into my aching physical form, using my Third Eye to see what had forced me back. I had been shoved into a cage, trapped in a mysterious truck. I only cared that I had saved Tord.