Chapter Seventy Four, Your Love Makes my Heart Stop

Tom's Perspective

I can't breathe. Oh my god. Oh my god. Ok, ok, take it slow. Calm yourself. Despite telling myself to stay calm, my heart felt like it was about to pop. "Hey Tom, you're looking pale, sit down would you?" Edd asked as he slowly pushed me into a seat. I was dazed by the crazy thoughts in my head. "I literally can't believe it Edd. I'm fucking crazy-." I scoffed and he laughed. "Yeah, I can't deny that. But try to keep your heart in your chest, we can't have you bleeding all over the aisle." He chuckled and continued to fix my messy, gelled up hair. I nodded and took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. My whole body was practically shaking in anticipation, oblivious to any attempts at calming down. Edd set down the comb and smiled warmly, lightly kissing my forehead. "I'm so proud of you Tom, even if you are marrying a crazy person- I never thought you'd get married at all, so it's progress." He hummed and fixed the rose on my suit. I felt so god damn nervous, my legs were shaking.

"Y-yeah, I never thought I would ever be in a situation like this. It makes me feel crazy, knowing I'm marrying a manic person like Tord. God, just a few years ago I would've flipped my lid hearing that!" I exclaimed and Edd brushed off my suit. "I think all of us would. But love changes people, most of the time for the better-." He commented and sat down beside me. I took another deep breath and stopped my legs. "And I do love him so much. I'm going to have to contain myself at the alter-." I retorted and Edd laughed, shaking his head. "Oh you goof. Oh hey, did you see Gygjar?" He asked and I shook my head. "Oh you should, she's so beautiful." He told me and got up. "I'll go get her, just wait here." He said before rushing off. I waited eagerly and my legs returned to their shaky state of semi-panic. A few minutes later, my mother walked into the room. She had a beautiful white silk dress, with lace and white gloves to match. Her hair was clean and braided into a twisted crown braid, which was very simple but complimented her style.

I stood up and held her soft gloves hands. "Wow mom, you look wonderful." I gasped. She smiled warmly and hugged me. "My baby." She cooed. I rubbed her back and hummed. "It's nice to see you in your human form too." I added and let go of her. She kissed my cheek and stared proudly at me. "My baby has mate." She cooed and gave me more kisses. I chuckled at the affectionate smothering and returned every little kiss. "I'm so happy mom. I met the perfect "mate"." I told her and her eyes rounded. She looked so happy, but sad too. She remembered her own past with love. "You be good mate." She said sternly and booped my nose. "Of course mom, I'll do my best." I assured her and laughed as she smothered me more and whined about her baby being grown up. She may not be a normal mom, but she's good enough for me. "You gotta go now mom, the seating will start any minute." I told her and she sighed, taking a last look at me. I kept a loving smile as she left to sit. Edd fixed my clothing and patted my back.

"I guess I'm gonna be your dad then eh? Gross." He joked and I rolled my black eyes. "You're just doing it for the ceremony dumbass." I scoffed and he chuckled. "I know. Ringo is the ring bearer by the way, she'll be great." He told me and I stared at him. "I swear if your cat eats our rings-." I said threateningly. He shook his head and grinned. "She knows better-. Besides I practiced with her for like a month." He said and patted my back. I shook my head and sighed. "So when do we know to come out?" I asked and Edd looked at his watch. "Uhhh.... now." He said and I immediately heard music start up. Oh, that's really on cue. "C'mon, walk calmly and keep a straight face. Hold onto my arm if you think you'll get nervous." He instructed me and I nodded. I definitely know going to be nervous. I wrapped my clothed arms around the closest one I could grab and walked with him. Of course I was nervous, who wouldn't be? I walked past aisles of soldiers out of uniform, old friends, a few stray clones, my old neighbors (surprisingly enough), my mom, Matt holding Ringo who was in a tux, and Pat beside them. "Doing good?" Edd whispered as we stepped up the marble and gold steps to the alter. I nodded and smiled while still nervous.