Chapter Sixty-Four, Home Sweet Home

Tom's Perspective

I awoke to the feeling of my mother slowly setting me down in a large nest, curling around me and enveloping me with her warmth. God, I'm so lucky. I'm so lucky to have my mom, and my partner. I have to check on Tord, but maybe not now. Now was nap time. I get settled in her protective embrace, my ears twitching upon hearing a distinct voice. Edd was talking to me. I struggled to get my head out of her grip before locking on to the young Brit, staring and trying to make out his words. "Tom! You're back! I can't believe you're back! And with Gygjar!" He exclaimed and I purred, pressing my nose against his belly. He giggled and held my head. "How about you come inside with me and we can have a nice dinner? I'm sure everyone would love to know you're okay." He suggested and I nodded, carefully removing myself from under my mother. She shifted slightly but stayed asleep. I changed into my human form, which was nude.

I quickly remembered this and attempted to cover myself, which just earned a laugh from Edd. "Here, take my jacket. Let's get you some clothes hm? And those wounds look bad, we better get them treated." He hummed and took off his jacket, allowing me some sort of coverage. Edd offered his hand and I gleefully grabbed it, missing human contact that wasn't hostile. "Don't worry Tom, you'll be just fine." He assured me as he brought me inside.

After having my wounds treated, getting a proper set of clothing, and eating a filling dinner, Edd offered to bring me to Tord. I was overjoyed to hear that he was okay. I accepted without hesitation and walked with the artistic brunette through the halls to the medical center. Once Edd opened the door to Tord's private recovery room, I approached the male quickly. I bent down by the side of his bed and cupped his cheek in my roughed up hand. He looked so pale and sickly, weak and fragile. For once he couldn't magically recover within minutes. He needed help. He needed me. I rubbed his cold cheek and stared sadly at the sleeping Norwegian. His eyes slowly opened to greet me, dulled by the humanity he suffered from. I felt.. Scared. Scared that he could have really died for the final time. And I can't always be here to protect him.

I felt my throat and chest seize up, and my body tensed at the sudden fear I had been reminded of. I tightly hugged the weak man and started to ugly cry. Everything was all going on at the same time. Even when I hated Tord, I could rely on the fact that he was an unbeatable rival. And now I loved him in my own way, but he's not so immortal now. And it's my fault. To think I would want this at some point in my life made me cry harder. I could vaguely hear Tord whispering sweetly in his accent while gently cradling my head in his hands.

After a good few minutes of letting out my raw emotions in the only way I knew how, I started to calm down enough to look at the sympathetic man. He put on a smile for me and stayed quiet. "I... I can't lose you Tord. Ever." I said with barely any words to describe my thoughts. It got the point across though. He slowly nodded and ran his soft hand through my messy hair. "I won't ever leave you Thomas, my søtt beist. You mean everything to me." He spoke softly and pulled my head closer. "Kiss me, you ridiculous man." He said with a playful smile. I smiled as well and sniffled before kissing him. It was good to be home. With him. With my friends. With my mother Gygjar. I wish I never had to work another day again. But I don't need to think about that now. The love of my life is in my arms, kissing me. I pulled away when he weakly pulled on my hair. He took a breath and panted quietly. Breathing must be hard for him right now.

"Thomas, can you sleep in here with me? They won't let me leave and I feel so lonely." He said hopefully and I kissed his cheek. "Yes, of course my love. I'll do anything for you." I purred and he looked past my shoulder to Edd. "Could you tell the nurse? I'm not sure she'd allow it." Tord requested and I heard him leave. I showered my boyfriend in many kisses, purring loudly as he laughed. I then climbed into the bed and snuggled with him, purring loudly all the time. "I missed you so much Tom. I was worried you'd never come back." He said and hugged me as tightly as he could. I hummed and smothered him in loving kisses. "Well now I'm here, and I won't leave you." I purred and nuzzled his cheek. He giggled and smiled, happy that I was here with him. I was happy too. He pulled up the sheets and yawned, resting his head on my chest. I slowly pet the darker brunette, cooing quietly as he settled down. I relaxed as he fell asleep in my arms, and began to fall asleep as well. Tord was here, and it was all okay. I breathed in his scent to help myself calm down. I fell asleep holding my boyfriend close.

A few months later

I awoke to the sound of puking and cringed. Tord was behaving so strange lately. I guess it's because he's never had to deal with human sicknesses before. I pushed myself out of bed and wobbled in place for a bit before slinking to the bathroom where he was. I gently hugged him from behind and rubbed his belly. "How's my messy imp?" I asked and he wiped off the processed dinner from his mouth. "Sick. And it sucks literal ass. I hate being human." He growled and I helped him slowly stand up. "Just relax baby, let's get you back to bed." I spoke softly and coaxed him into walking with me. I helped him get comfortable in bed and smiled as he began to drift off. "Sleep well Tord. I'm going to work early." I hummed and kissed his forehead before getting ready for the day.

After a long day of work

I unlocked the door with my hand and walked into the dimly lit room, seeing Tord curled up in bed. I'm guessing that Edd had already helped put him to bed, as he was in different clothes than before. He was still awake, breathing softly and watching me walk close. "How are you feeling Tord?" I asked and he sighed tiredly. "Still sick. I hate it." He groaned and looked up at me with those dull ruby eyes. He always looks so sad and helpless when he's sick or injured. I lightly kissed his forehead and stripped off my formal clothing, climbing in beside my sick boyfriend. I smiled when he snuggled up to me and I wrapped an arm around his cold body. "Does my baby want to watch something before bed?" I asked and he purred quietly, pressing his face against my chest. It was so cute that he had retained his ability to purr. "Yes please." He replied and looked over at the blank television. I turned it on and changed the channel until I got to that house flipper show I always enjoyed. He seems to like it too, or at least be moderately entertained.

I leaned down slowly and whispered to my sleepy partner. "My favorite part is when they replace the tiles in the kitchen. They have such good taste." He simply hummed in reply and sleepily blinked, increasingly more tired as the show went on. He eventually fell asleep on my chest, breathing quietly and snoring. I cooed softly to my mate and pet his hair. "Goodnight Tord, my love. My life." I whispered and turned off the telly, closing my eyes. I listened to his breathing patterns for quite some time before falling asleep.

I know there's a lot of time-skips, but they can't be avoided.