Chapter Twenty-Four, Distorted Reality

Tom's Perspective

Once the soldiers finally did notice us hiding, I quickly kept Matt down as a sign to not resist. I whispered in his ear a little secret, one that I'm sure he was to stupid to realize before. I told him about me and my monster form, and to not tell anyone. The soldiers yanked me off of the ground first, causing me to accidentally put weight on my injured foot. I yelled in pain and gripped the temporarily wrapped foot, the pain providing a perfect source to change forms through. I laid back in my captor's arms and tried to relax completely, making it much easier to shift forms without it hurting. My body began to flow with a deep primal blood, a beastly crimson that changed my physiology completely. My muscles and veins pumped with this newfound blood, and my body began to shape-shift into an entirely new beast undiscovered by men.

Soldiers attempted to shoot at me to no avail, due to my thick hide. I let out a ferocious yowl of sorts before crushing the small humans with my ginormous fists, avoiding Matt purposefully. He was in awe as a little boy would be after seeing a famous baseball player. I swept through the soldiers relentlessly and scooped up Matt in a clawed hand, setting him onto my shoulder. He clung to it as I charged into the base, ramming into the inferior without concern. I was doing real damage to Tord's base. My extra sensitive hearing picked out a voice far off, hearing Edd calling out in terror at my beastly appearance. I raced over while crushing many tiny humans under my hands and feet, bending down in front of Edd. Edd noticed Matt sitting on my shoulder and climbed up on top of my head, riding my head and acting as if he was controlling me like a horse.

I ignored the hilarious action and continued to completely wreck the Red Army base, stopped by a large metal spear being thrown into my side. I screeched in pain and looked for the source of my misery, seeing Tord who was holding multiple spears at the ready. I snarled and charged at the small Norwegian, stopping and whining in pain when something sharp pricked my belly. I looked down to see dozens of sharp tranquilizers buried in my belly. I tried to scratch off the tranquilizers, feeling very dizzy suddenly. I stumbled back and screeched fearfully as I fell onto my back, sending Edd and Matt flying off of my body. I collapsed on the ground and my body changed back into a human form, all of the weapons lodged in my small body still. The drugged tranquilizers in my body worked quickly, my mind and body shutting down.

I awoke in an unfamiliar place, but it felt so familiar at the same time. I couldn't remember what had gone on to make me pass out, but my head hurt badly. I sat up and looked around the strange environment, taking a moment to realize where exactly I was. It's Edd's old house? I had been sleeping on the couch, with a warm blanket draped over me. I looked around for anyone, Edd or Matt or even Ringo. I got up, my feet feeling oddly not sore after everything I had gone through. I walked around and knocked on different doors, stopping at mine. I decided that this world was weird enough, so I knocked as a precaution. To my surprise, Tord opened the door. It was his old room. "Oh hello Thomas, good morning. You look pale, are you alright? You did drink an awful lot last night." He said and I blinked, very confused at the situation I'm in.

"Is this a joke?" I asked and peered into the room. It was all his, he even had that big old computer packed up in a box. His new computer was more modern and looked like a youtuber's gaming set. "What are you talking about Tom? I know you were drunk but you usually remember the day before-. Maybe you need to lay down." The caramel-haired boy suggested and kept me from looking into his room any longer. "Go get your drunk ass in bed- it's only five in the morning-." He stated and grabbed my arm, leading me to my old bedroom like I was a toddler in need of guidance. He opened up the door to what I was surprised to see was my old room as well, not a stupid pool. I walked into the room and breathed in the familiar scents.

It felt indescribably amazing to be back in my old room. I buried myself in bed, not giving a second thought about the man who had led me here. I got comfortable in the thick sheets, finding Tomee Bear in them. I squeezed the bear happily and snuggled into my pillows, feeling unbearably happy. "Geez, you act as if you don't spend eighteen hours a day in this shithole." Tord remarked and leaned against my doorframe. "Anyways, goodnight you lazy drunkard. You awoke me with your annoying knocking, and I doubt the others will sleep tonight either." He said before closing the door, leaving me to blissfully lay in my bed. I couldn't care less about the others right now, I'm in the most safe place on Earth. I sank into the comfortable mattress and tiredly blinked, finding this much easier to rest on than the couch. My body happily accepted the best sleep I had gotten in years.

I awoke later to hearing polite knocking on my door. "Tom, do you need some Advil? Breakfast is ready by the way." The extroverted British boy offered as the scents of home filled my senses once more. I got out of bed with the most energy I've ever felt with my life, getting dressed while coming up with a response. "No thanks Edd, just get a plate ready for me." I requested, hearing him walk away promptly after. I threw on my familiar hoodie and hugged myself, feeling at peace. I looked at my body in the mirror, seeing that I was as young as the days I used to live here. Everyone did, as far as I could tell. Tord looked younger, the photos on my walls had pictures of our younger selves. I smiled at myself, my usual self-consciousness not setting in. I look nice, I think so. My hair is messy though, I better fix it. I combed my hair and threw on some socks before walking out into the hall, seeing young Matt looking at himself in the mirror. He glanced up at me before stopping, blinking in surprise.

"You look happy today Tom, are you high-?" He asked worriedly and tilted his head like a confused puppy. "No no, I'm alright. I'm just fine." I assured him and walked into the kitchen where Tord was already eating some bacon with his mere hands, like an animal. I snickered at the sight and sat down next to him, feasting my eyes on the meal before me. "Because of that new job Tord got, we can afford more luxuries like this. Thank him Tom." Edd prompted before sitting down across from me. We did have a better breakfast than usual; Bacon and scrambled eggs with fluffy chocolate chip pancakes and blueberries on the side. It looked delicious, and I didn't hesitate to eat a piece of crispy bacon. I then fully registered what Edd had told me to do, rolling my eyes and turning to Tord. "Thanks." I mumbled before eating some of my scrambled eggs. It was a quite American style breakfast, something I didn't expect. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Matt came a minute later, sitting next to Edd after serving himself. "Does anyone want some orange juice? We just got it from the store yesterday." Edd offered, getting up to get some Cola for himself. Tord vocally accepted the offer, as did I. I continued eating the rich plate of food, drinking the juice that was served to me. "So what are we doing today? Aside from Tord leaving for work, and Tom hopefully getting a job." Edd verbally jabbed at me as he ate a piece of bacon. I rolled my void eyes once more and watched as Tord cleaned his dishes. He was being very quiet, then again he is Tord. All he does is look at porn and do shady things. "So what's your new job?" I interrogated, Tord turning his head to look at me as he scrubbed his plate. "I'm a car mechanic, because I can actually use my talents unlike a certain shitstain." He scoffed and grinned. "Well at least my talent doesn't put people in debt." I countered and ate another pancake piece. Tord rolled his eyes at my words and put away his cleaned plate. "I'm going to work now kids, behave yourselves. And don't forget that when you grow up, you get a job like me- and pay bills-." He said sarcastically and went to his room once more to get ready for work. I ignored his comments and finished up my breakfast, savoring every delicious flavor.